4 Corners - Doping in Aussie sport

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

4 Corners - Doping in Aussie sport

Post by King-Eliagh »

Wow,

Did anyone just catch the 4 corners episode on doping in aussie sport?

As we already knew doping looks quite pervasive in our sports but AFL definitely comes up the worst. That last discussion where they role played an actual recording from an AFL club who wasnt melbourne nor essendon was...quite simply...disgusting, immoral cheating. [-X Of the worst kind! [-X It was clear as day that club was aiming to do whatever it takes to win, including harming the health of its own players, the integrity of the AFL, the integrity of the code of marngrook, and the integrity of australian sport... [-X

Raiderdave i used to lightheartedly enjoy your posts on how the afl is rife with vile characters which in turn make the sport vile. Now I cant laugh anymore. I'm simply gobsmacked at how bad it really is and that you werent even slightly exaggerating. :shock: :? :shock:

[-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 0

Re: 4 Corners - Doping in Aussie sport

Post by Xman »

Thought Essendon came off pretty well, as did Melbourne. They even stated they had seen no procedures that broke WADA policy. But one other club seemed in trouble, although without evidence they actually acted on that meeting.

We already know the NRL are in deep shit. They even dobbed on each other for using horse drugs. The sharks are gone, and numerous other NRL players will follow
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Essendon and melbourne no doubt had similar convos than that of the mystery cheating club. Really disgusting stuff. Plain old fashioned cheating, I dont care if these clubs come up 'clean' after testing Xman you dope...supporting fool :lol:. It's clear as day they were bending the rules to win. It's like they say, the cheats are always one step ahead of the system. And that is clearly where this mystery club and essendon and melbourne were. They should all be deleted from the comp, the evidence is clear.

CHEATS! [-X [-X [-X

xman wrote:
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Essendon and melbourne no doubt had similar convos than that of the mystery cheating club. Really disgusting stuff. Plain old fashioned cheating, I dont care if these clubs come up 'clean' after testing Xman you dope...supporting fool :lol:. It's clear as day they were bending the rules to win. It's like they say, the cheats are always one step ahead of the system. And that is clearly where this mystery club and essendon and melbourne were. They should all be deleted from the comp, the evidence is clear.

CHEATS! [-X [-X [-X
Oh dear! :roll:

Lets try to stick to facts KE. Yes its cheating, and deserves to be punished. Thankfully Essendon an Melbournes practices are already known and comply with WADA, which is exactly what 4 corners said. ASADA know too as do the AFLPA, both of whom know ASADA have no case.

On the other hand the NRL just turned on each other the moment ASADA said boo. Its well known they used illegal peptides, and theyre gone.
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Without getting pulled in by the obvious trolling about Melbourne and essendon by k.e... I'll leave that to others to get sucked in, not seeing the show if what k.e said (and without seeing it no offence k.e you have an obvious agenda which is fine for this forum) is true , then who ever this third club is needs to be dealt with in the strictest sense.
Veni, vidi, vici
Stewie
Coach
Coach
Team: Port Adelaide Football Club

Post by Stewie »

Phelpsy wrote:
Without getting pulled in by the obvious trolling about Melbourne and essendon by k.e... I'll leave that to others to get sucked in,
No one gets sucked in by what that idiot has to say. :cool:
Raiderdave wrote:

7K is a tremendous turnout
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I'll never understand why he and others have to have afl doing poorly in order for the nrl to do well. It's like they're afraid of the afl doing so well . What's that about? Swans get a crowd of 31000 and they have to some how , for some reason, desperately find a way ti say this isn't so good as if them saying it is is being disloyal to the nrl or acknowledging a threat or something. Nrl will always be the sport of choice in Sydney . The fact, and it is a fact, that the afl have managed to grow a loyal supporter base in Sydney of all places should be seen as a model for something the nrl could do. Of course there are a lot of nrl supporters who do do this and don't see it as a threat but more something they urge the nrl to take note of. They love their nrl and can see done areas that need to improve and their passion for their game sees them want the best for their code. They see the afl crowds as something to aim for, to change the culture and get people to the game . That's starting to happen , with averages up about 1000 per game. It's a small start but a start no less. Ratings are okay too, but you can hardly watch a game live on free to air which is a shame, even in NSW and qld . But hopefully that will change next tv deal. It needs to! So there are some positives to the nrl and some things they need to do better. The afl, as the bigger code on so many key levels, should be something to copy the success of. Rather than trying to find stupid evidence that may suggest it is in decline or failing, try to convince others of something they truly don't believe anyway, look at what can be, especially if you believe in your product !!!!
Veni, vidi, vici
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Stewie wrote:
Phelpsy wrote:
Without getting pulled in by the obvious trolling about Melbourne and essendon by k.e... I'll leave that to others to get sucked in,
No one gets sucked in by what that idiot has to say. :cool:
:lol: says he who follows me round on this site like he's my biggest fan on twitter...

Or is the lopsided afl comp suddenly valid stewie? :lol:

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Phelpsy phelpsy phelpsy me boy. I think you have things confused. I'm not for the afl failing. I'm simply pointing out its failings. There's quite a big difference there you know. I'm also all for, hypothetically speaking, stuffing the truth into a tightly bound firecracker, and handing it to John hopoate to light and ram up the asses of afl supporting bimbos like Xman, stewie and co who choose to ignore the truth.

Ya feelin me now phelpsy?

xman wrote:
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I get the the dance that it had between nrl and afl supporters here on this forum . But you can get some who say look at the afl and the positive things it has done for its code, we could do that too with what they believe to be a far better product. Then you get others saying look at the afl , think they're so big and mighty !!!! Lets cut them down as much as we can which ends up in stupid stupid arguements where a crowd of 31000 is bad yet 15000 is great, where a tv on drugs in sport that looks really bad for cronulla focuses only on the afl component , where actual numbers such as membership and crowds are said to be faked!! Where tv ratings are selectively chosen ??! It gets inane and boring quite frankly .
Veni, vidi, vici
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Phelpsy it's lesson time for you. Now listen up closely to KE. The fact of the matter is the afl is notorious for its arrogance...and to a degree some arrogance is understandable. Rl supporters on this site have long since positively acknowledged the large crowds and memberships the afl draws. Unfortunately to this date only pies has acknowledged the positives of rl. Ie massive tv viewer numbers, international presence which completely and re soundly shames the Codeof marngrook, state of origin and so on and so forth...and so on and so forth...

Further, the afls arrogance appears to know no bounds ie lets recruit izzy folou and train him up good to be A superstar :lol: this arrogance is mirrored by Xman stewie and co to the nth degree. Hence they must be and are, as you so eloquently put it, cut down! :lol:

Now your lesson is done lets get back on topic. If you sincerely believe the 4 corners program put rl in a worse light than the afl, then you my boy are blind from wanking to andrew demetriou on youtube. I hope this short quip is enough to cut you down to see reality?

xman wrote:
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Lol
Veni, vidi, vici
DS
Team:

Post by DS »

Xman wrote:
Thankfully Essendon an Melbournes practices are already known and comply with WADA, which is exactly what 4 corners said. ASADA know too as do the AFLPA, both of whom know ASADA have no case.
Bad news chump http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... 6626345644

World Anti-Doping Agency confirms growth hormone allegedly used by Essendon players is a banned substance

Carly Crawford, James Dowling
April 23, 2013 10:58AM

THE World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) has confirmed a growth hormone alleged to have been used by Essendon players last year is a banned substance, as convicted drug dealer Shane Charter says he helped footballers use performance enhancing drugs.

It is alleged anti-obesity drug AOD-9604, which has not been cleared for human use, was administered to at least six Essendon players last year by controversial sports scientist Stephen Dank.

Confusion has surrounded the status of the growth hormone with the Australian Crime Commission stating in its Drugs in Sport report that the drug was not yet banned.

But last night WADA issued a statement that as the drug has not been approved for human use it is a banned substance.

"AOD-9604 is a substance still under pre-clinical and clinical development and has not been approved for therapeutic use by any government health authority in the world," the statement said.

"Therefore, under the 2013 Prohibited Substances and Methods List, the substance falls into the S.0 category which states: Any pharmacological substance which is not addressed by any of the subsequent sections of the List and with no current approval by any governmental regulatory health authority for human therapeutic use (e.g drugs under pre-clinical or clinical development or discontinued, designer drugs, substances approved only for veterinary use) is prohibited at all times."

WADA said it issued the statement following several inquiries regarding the drug.

Mr Dank has reportedly said he injected Essendon players with the anti-obesity drug.

While Metabolic Pharmacy chief executive David Kenley, whose company holds the worldwide rights to AOD, said he had often discussed the drug with Mr Dank.

Mr Kenley said he believed some Essendon players used the drug to help them recover from injury more quickly.

"I understand it used by about half a dozen footballers at Essendon purely to assist in soft tissue injury and to aid the recovery so that the players that were injured could get back onto the pitch quicker,’ he told the ABC’s Four Corners program last night.

Former Head of the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority Richard Ings said this morning that any player using AOD 9604 after 2011 has a serious case to answer.

"The announcement overnight by WADA is extremely significant," he told 3AW radio.

"One of the threshold questions in this whole investigation has been the status of AOD 9604 and WADA has definitively said that it is classified as a banned substance under the WADA".

The WADA statement comes as Charter claims he helped elite footballers dope and dodge blood tests.

The bodybuilder and biochemist's claims cast fresh doubt on the adequacy of existing sports drug testing regimens and bring new urgency to the need for benchmark blood testing, also known as biological profiling, of athletes.

On ABC TV's program, Four Corners, Charter was asked: "Just to be clear, you've assisted NRL players and AFL players with their use of performance-enhancing drugs?"

He replies: "I've kept them in a safe and non-toxic range so that they didn't do long-term damage to themselves," he said.

Charter, who is represented by celebrity agent Max Markson, is believed to have extensive knowledge of sports doping practices not only within football but several other sports.

He has told how doped athletes would pull out of an event citing injury if blood tests conducted beforehand indicated they would return a positive official test.

"If they (test results) came back and they weren't passing the test, then depending on the product and the timeline up to the event, that athlete may pull a hamstring and not go to that event," he said.

"There's a difference between being shown positive and using performance-enhancing drugs, and that's the issue I'm trying to bring to light."

Charter worked with Mr Dank, the sports scientist at the centre of the doping scandal sweeping Australian sport.

Mr Dank has denied links with Charter, but it has been alleged Charter has correspondence between the pair stretching back 18 months.

Charter, who is known to spend time in Thailand and has visited Malaysia, has claimed a bikie-affiliated contact in the powerlifting industry introduced him to performance-enhancing drugs and organised crime in both Australia and Asia.

Europol is investigating a worldwide soccer match-fixing operation anchored in Asia.

Charter, who once knew Hird and chairman David Evans, is adamant that Hird had not use banned substances.

"James is proud of the fact that I was able to help James in his twilight years to get that extra season out of him," he said.

Charter was charged in 2004 with bringing millions of dollars worth of pseudoephidrine into Australia.

A personal trainer, he had also worked with a number of football players.

There has never been a suggestion they took banned substances.

The Herald Sun has reported that Charter was an associate of the late underworld figure John Giannarelli, a sports agent who has represented athletes including Olympic swimmer Scott Miller and jockey Simon Marshall. Miller admitted to supplying ecstasy to a friend, rugby player Mark Catchpole, in 2008.

Biological profiling is under way in the AFL and is being introduced by the NRL.
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Nothing new. Theyd already said they considered AOD banned
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

wow

VFL clubs .......... drug cheating scum [-X [-X [-X [-( [-( [-(
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million