Brisbane Lions Snub for NAB Final

Australian Football news and discussion.
Scorger Man
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Richmond Tigers
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Brisbane Lions Snub for NAB Final

Post by Scorger Man »

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-ne ... 6594267933

Old news now I know but WTF AFL? You carry on about show casing the game and how it needs to expand the corners of the nation but you're still a Melbourne centric boys club that only wants to expand when it suits you.

Ticket sales you say? Since when had the AFL been that short of a quid that you are relying on the gate sales of a pre season comp that is ultimately a trial series (I'm sure there is enough people on this site alone that stalk your financials who can back me up on that) - you should be letting people in for free to show some good will!!!

Any who I digress - bad form AFL - don't think the Lions win over the Blues had anything to do with your administration skills - HA! No party in Lygon St this year boys
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Re: Brisbane Lions Snub for NAB Final

Post by Xman »

Scorger Man wrote:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-ne ... 6594267933

Old news now I know but WTF AFL? You carry on about show casing the game and how it needs to expand the corners of the nation but you're still a Melbourne centric boys club that only wants to expand when it suits you.

Ticket sales you say? Since when had the AFL been that short of a quid that you are relying on the gate sales of a pre season comp that is ultimately a trial series (I'm sure there is enough people on this site alone that stalk your financials who can back me up on that) - you should be letting people in for free to show some good will!!!

Any who I digress - bad form AFL - don't think the Lions win over the Blues had anything to do with your administration skills - HA! No party in Lygon St this year boys
The GABBA wasnt available so the match would have had to scheduled on the GC, which is hardly Brisbanes home ground. It also has a smaller capacity than Etihad.

The lions are also a club merged from Brisbane and Fitzroy so they do have a fair amount of support in Melbourne. The crowd justified the decision in my opinion.
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Scorger Man
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Richmond Tigers
Has thanked: 0

Re: Brisbane Lions Snub for NAB Final

Post by Scorger Man »

Of course you'll get a crowd in Melbourne, you can paint a couple of sashes on some monkeys and throw them in a ring and Melbourne Folk will turn up....and some one will lose their house over it! Yeah not sure what can be done in the future but a team that wins the minors deserves to host the finals.....

NOTE - If the AFL were to use FFC as an added justification to playing the match in Melbourne, then playing at the MCG is a more convenient location as it is closer to Fitzroy by 2km the Etihad Stadium