Wanderers >>>>> the Midgits

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
piesman2011
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 0

Re: Wanderers >>>>> the Midgits

Post by piesman2011 »

Cant believe that Parramatta stadium only holds 20K. Both GWS and the Wanderers would be embarrasing RL in West Sydney if they were playing in a real stadium.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Drac wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:
Drac wrote:
Given the fact that after two matches the Giants averaged 22,539, this thread is the biggest fail of all time.

It is literally impossible for this weekend's crowd to bring the Wanderer's average higher than the Giants after the same number of matches. By the end of the season who knows, if they do, feel free to start a thread then. A thread about how a soccer club in Australia's biggest soccer heartland, managed a higher average attendance than an AFL expansion club in an area that apparently doesn't want it. I'll have a mocking clap gif ready to go.

But for now, the original post is the dumbest non-Raiderdave thing i've read on this forum.
This post is the fail drac. Averages after 2 matches? :lol: yeah that's valid :lol:
THAT'S MY WHOLE F*CKING POINT. THE ORIGINAL POST IS CLAIMING VICTORY AFTER ONLY 2 MATCHES PLAYED YOU SIMPLETON. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Hey! Settle down and stop yer yelling. The original post is referring to GWS averages after the entire season, which was fudged. Not to both codes averages after only two rounds. We only have these two rounds to go off with the Wanderers so it is a fair and valid point to make. Your point on the other hand was nonsense, as was your yelling and cussing response above. Now pipe down and get back to good valid debating, like what raider does. =D>

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

piesman2011 wrote:
Cant believe that Parramatta stadium only holds 20K. Both GWS and the Wanderers would be embarrasing RL in West Sydney if they were playing in a real stadium.
ah ..... theres an 83,000 seat stadium ..... 400 metres from GWS's home ground
that they choose NOT to use for fear that their 7500 crowds would look bad in it ......
when one knows as little as you do.. best check a few things out before posting ..... & save yourself looking like a complete d.ick

K :wink:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Drac
Coach
Coach
Team: Adelaide Crows

Post by Drac »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Drac wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:
This post is the fail drac. Averages after 2 matches? :lol: yeah that's valid :lol:
THAT'S MY WHOLE F*CKING POINT. THE ORIGINAL POST IS CLAIMING VICTORY AFTER ONLY 2 MATCHES PLAYED YOU SIMPLETON. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Hey! Settle down and stop yer yelling. The original post is referring to GWS averages after the entire season, which was fudged. Not to both codes averages after only two rounds. We only have these two rounds to go off with the Wanderers so it is a fair and valid point to make. Your point on the other hand was nonsense, as was your yelling and cussing response above. Now pipe down and get back to good valid debating, like what raider does. =D>
Let me see if I have this straight, you think comparing GWS' season-long average against WSW's 2 game average, is more 'fair and valid' than comparing both clubs' averages after 2 games?
Raiderdave wrote:
perception is reality
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Yes. We all know that 30k+ odd of the opening crowd that GWS got were solely swans supporters. The game was really a home game for both sides, thus, when including the novelty factor, more than quadrupling their normal crowd average. Comprehende?

xman wrote:
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
piesman2011 wrote:
that they choose NOT to use for fear that their 7500 crowds would look bad in it ......
when one knows as little as you do.. best check a few things out before posting ..... & save yourself looking like a complete d.ick

oh dear! This coming from a RL fan! :lol: :lol: :lol:
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Drac
Coach
Coach

Post by Drac »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Yes. We all know that 30k+ odd of the opening crowd that GWS got were solely swans supporters. The game was really a home game for both sides, thus, when including the novelty factor, more than quadrupling their normal crowd average. Comprehende?
And what's this week's Sydney Derby between Sydney FC and WSW?
Raiderdave wrote:
perception is reality
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Ah Round 3? You compared both codes after round 2 right :lol: #-o

xman wrote:
eelofwest
Coach
Coach
Team: Eels

Post by eelofwest »

Raiderdave wrote:
piesman2011 wrote:

Gotta say Pies one of your worst comments to date, pick up your game.

You are comparing GWS with the wanderers..... :lol:

The wanderers shit all over the midgets, the wanderers will be a big soccer club wait and see. The junior participation in western Sydney for soccer is on Par with rugby league in the area if not even more then league, what makes you think the midgets are even mentioned in the same breath as the wanderers.?? :lol:

Western Sydney is soccer heartland, all you have to do is look at all the big names in Australian soccer in years past and at present to see that most of them come from western Sydney.

I know countless Wanderers fans that are Eels fans first and foremost but will support then wanderers in the summer, if Soccer wants to go winter sport it will get murdered by league, if it stays summer then it will flourish imo.
piesman2011
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood

Post by piesman2011 »

To early to call on the Wanderers as it is on the Giants. I think 5 years from now both teams could be averaging 15-20k and be in front of the TIgers and Panthers (but not the Eels unless they continue to be shit for the next 5 years) in terms of Western Sydney crowds. After all they are 1 team competiting for WS, while RL has 3 teams dividing up the crowd support. They will probabaly never be able to beat the WS RL clubs in terms of TV ratings. Yes I agree my response was a bad response, hastely written and poorly proof read. I had work to do and I quickly posted it and it came out a little wrong.
Drac
Coach
Coach

Post by Drac »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Ah Round 3? You compared both codes after round 2 right :lol: #-o
No. How is this so hard for you to comprehend? I compared both teams after they had 2 home games each, which is the fair way to do it. Both teams played away in round 2, so their average attendance was the same in round 2 as it was in round 1. I fail to see what crowds in Adelaide and Hobart have to do with the average home attendance of the Giants and the Wanderers?

Let me spell this out for you:

Round 1
GWS v Swans - 38k
WSW v CCM - 10k

Round 2 (irrelevant as both teams were away)
North v GWS - 11k
Adelaide v WSW - 8k

Round 3
GWS v WCE - 6k
WSW v SFC - 19k

After 2 home games, both teams had a home game against an out of town team, and both had a home derby propped up by rival fans (mostly red and white at ANZ and lots of sky blue at Parra). The average after 2 home games is:

GWS: 22,539
WSW: 14,792

If you really prefer that we compare averages in round 2, for reasons known only to you, the average home attendance would be:

GWS: 38k
WSW: 10k

But the whole thing is premature. I say we wait 'till the end of the season for a comparison. I'll say this now though, Western Sydney is the biggest soccer heartland in the country, if the Giants even get close to the Wanderers, it will be nothing short of hilarious.
Raiderdave wrote:
perception is reality
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Yes this is all invalid as its too early to call. As i told you earlier. Carry on.

xman wrote:
Stewie
Coach
Coach
Team: Port Adelaide Football Club

Post by Stewie »

eelofwest wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
piesman2011 wrote:

Gotta say Pies one of your worst comments to date, pick up your game.

You are comparing GWS with the wanderers..... :lol:

The wanderers shit all over the midgets, the wanderers will be a big soccer club wait and see. The junior participation in western Sydney for soccer is on Par with rugby league in the area if not even more then league, what makes you think the midgets are even mentioned in the same breath as the wanderers.?? :lol:

Western Sydney is soccer heartland, all you have to do is look at all the big names in Australian soccer in years past and at present to see that most of them come from western Sydney.

I know countless Wanderers fans that are Eels fans first and foremost but will support then wanderers in the summer, if Soccer wants to go winter sport it will get murdered by league, if it stays summer then it will flourish imo.
Soccer participation in western Sydney is not anywhere near "equal" to Rl, it smashes Rl participation rates. Rl is an unpopular sport to play (for good reason), soccer is very popular amongst kids hence the high participation rates. However it's been well proven that high participation rates do not equal high level support for that sport. Soccer in America is huge at a junior level, but interest in the MLS is tiny compared to the "big 4" American sports. Same goes for Australia with high level participation for both soccer and basketball, but interest in the A-League and NBL is nothing compared to the AFL. (A-League interest is bigger than nRL in most states of Australia these days).
Raiderdave wrote:

7K is a tremendous turnout
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Yawn. Soccer also smashes Marngrook participation rates.

xman wrote:
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Post by Xman »

*cough*

ARs smashes RL for participation numbers :wink:
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.