Wanderers >>>>> the Midgits

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 0

Re: Wanderers >>>>> the Midgits

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Drac wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:

the point here parra .. is that this lame ... ridiculous & buttathon excuse from singlet wearers .... that it takes time to get a new side off the ground
has been exposed again

look at our 2 latest sides
the Storm & Titans ........ hit the ground running , wins all ova the place in their early years

soccers
the Wanderers ...... 2 wins & a draw in their first 3 games

the VFL's
the Thuns & Midgets
8 wins from 66 games ............ 8-[

Wanderers >>>>>>>>>>>>> all ova the ********* in orange :wink:
I can't believe you just tried to use the Storm and Titans as examples of successful expansion. Storm averaged 12k in a premiership year. As to the Titans, how on earth is starting well and fading over 5 years to the wooden spoon better than starting with a wooden spoon and rising over 5 years towards finals? What world do you live in?
we're talking about why the 2 VFL expansion sides can't beat an egg you half wit
the excuse from the tight shorts brigade is .... they're new .. thats it... nothing to add !! 8-[
:lol: :lol:
my examples prove this is BS , & a load of VFL but but butting... I've provided lots of examples of competitive teams being strong from the get go if the recruiting is done right.
the VFL has Farked these 2 sides up badly

theres no certainty the thuns will see any success in their first 5 years .. only praying they will .. from delusional singlet wearing C heads like you
and Gold Coasters have already seen one of their other sides winning & winning well...

thats why the VFL had to have a winning side straight away like the NRL did ... instead they have a bumbling embarrasment
Gold Coast fans will not wait for them to be a success
I'll back the Titans to be back in the finals long before the thuns will for their first time

& its game ova if this happens
ship has sailed
end of :wink:
the reason isnt theyre new you complete flog! #-o

Theyre a team full of 18-19 year old early draft picks. Most AFL players take 2-3 seasons to perform at a level required for good AFL football.

The AFL knew this would happen when they set the teams up so they expected them to struggle for a few years. Every team has rises and falls (except the storm LOL). They have started low and will rise quickly as fans jump on.

Im not sure why a new team must start out at the top? :-k
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
who cares? So a team goes well out of the gate. Another takes time to develop a young group that will grow together into a great team.

Either way the fans will come. One will just take longer. But I believe the benefits will be greater for the latter because the local support will feel the team is theirs and was developed under their culture, not just some bunch of players stuck together artificially.
yes ... they'll feel team is theirs

with not one local .. now playing .............. 8-[
would be partly bareable if they were winning like a certain team in purple does

won't be tollerated if they are a bunch of oxygen thieve ********* ..... like a certain team in orange
2018 the Midgets finally get the win ratio higher

whats that off in the distance .... :-k

oh thats the ship.... it sailed a long time ago :wink:
Rubbish. How were the Swans accepted? Pretty darn well Id say. They were very unsuccessful for years yet started with few if any local players.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
FMD
despite success... the swines can still barely get 50K sydneysiders to watch them on TV 30 years later
they have made............... no impression at all

the Midgets in comparison .... will make an even far .. far .. smaller one :wink:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Drac wrote:
I can't believe you just tried to use the Storm and Titans as examples of successful expansion. Storm averaged 12k in a premiership year. As to the Titans, how on earth is starting well and fading over 5 years to the wooden spoon better than starting with a wooden spoon and rising over 5 years towards finals? What world do you live in?
we're talking about why the 2 VFL expansion sides can't beat an egg you half wit
the excuse from the tight shorts brigade is .... they're new .. thats it... nothing to add !! 8-[
my examples prove this is BS , & a load of VFL but but butting... I've provided lots of examples of competitive teams being strong from the get go if the recruiting is done right.

theres no certainty the thuns will see any success in their first 5 years .. only praying they will .. from delusional singlet wearing C heads like you
and Gold Coasters have already seen one of their other sides winning & winning well...

thats why the VFL had to have a winning side straight away like the NRL did ... instead they have a bumbling embarrasment
I'll back the Titans to be back in the finals long before the thuns will for their first time

ship has sailed

Theyre a team full of 18-19 year old early draft picks. Most AFL players take 2-3 seasons to perform at a level required for good AFL football.

The AFL knew this would happen when they set the teams up so they expected them to struggle for a few years. Every team has rises and falls (except the storm LOL). They have started low and will rise quickly as fans jump on.

but but but ... F me when will it end with these brainwashed D heads :lol: :lol:
they're a VFL side aren't they F wit ?
not a F'ing U18's side !!

they CAN"T be both

a smart fan would be asking WHY they're all kids ?.. who did this ?.... instead of lapping up the utter cr@p the VFL serves up like brain washed merinos
if there is any place on the planet the VFL needed a half decent competitive side from day one .. to push their game .. its western Sydney

they got pimple faced kids who aren't up to it .. & may never be up to it instead
they F'ked up

RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
yes ... they'll feel team is theirs

with not one local .. now playing .............. 8-[
would be partly bareable if they were winning like a certain team in purple does

won't be tollerated if they are a bunch of oxygen thieve ********* ..... like a certain team in orange
2018 the Midgets finally get the win ratio higher

whats that off in the distance .... :-k

oh thats the ship.... it sailed a long time ago :wink:
Rubbish. How were the Swans accepted? Pretty darn well Id say. They were very unsuccessful for years yet started with few if any local players.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
FMD
despite success... the swines can still barely get 50K sydneysiders to watch them on TV 30 years later
they have made............... no impression at all

the Midgets in comparison .... will make an even far .. far .. smaller one :wink:
Ahhh, what's a good figure for a sport on a secondary digital TV channel Dave?

If 50k (plus 20k on Fox) is bad what about 2 or 3, or 20k, like NRL in AFL states?
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:

ship has sailed

but but but ... F me when will it end with these brainwashed D heads :lol: :lol:
they're a VFL side aren't they F wit ?
not a F'ing U18's side !!

they CAN"T be both

a smart fan would be asking WHY they're all kids ?.. who did this ?.... instead of lapping up the utter cr@p the VFL serves up like brain washed merinos
if there is any place on the planet the VFL needed a half decent competitive side from day one .. to push their game .. its western Sydney

they got pimple faced kids who aren't up to it .. & may never be up to it instead
they F'ked up

since when are the giants a VFL side? Confused much? :roll:

How else do you create a new senior team? What options are there?

Well you could take 3 established players from every other AFl team. That would upset supporters of every other club and probably a fair few of the players that didnt want to leave. You would end up with a side that was totally fabricated.

By starting with a young talented side, with a mixture of senior players, they have a chance to build a team with a new identity that their fans and club can claim are theirs. If they spend 3-4 years building this side so be it. It's not like sides have had eras of poor performance before! :roll:

So Dave, how else should have the AFL started the Suns and Giants?
Drac
Coach
Coach
Team: Adelaide Crows

Post by Drac »

Raiderdave wrote:
Drac wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:

the point here parra .. is that this lame ... ridiculous & buttathon excuse from singlet wearers .... that it takes time to get a new side off the ground
has been exposed again

look at our 2 latest sides
the Storm & Titans ........ hit the ground running , wins all ova the place in their early years

soccers
the Wanderers ...... 2 wins & a draw in their first 3 games

the VFL's
the Thuns & Midgets
8 wins from 66 games ............ 8-[

Wanderers >>>>>>>>>>>>> all ova the ********* in orange :wink:

ship has sailed
Re-read my post. I'll wait here.

Okay, to reiterate th epoint I made in my post, which you seem to have glossed over:

The titans recruited mature players, solid players, like Preston Campbell, Scott Prince, Matt Rogers, etc. They were competitive right from the start. Then in 4 years they 'won' the spoon.

The Suns filled their team with talented rookies, (and a couple of mature players, including the best player in the comp). The 'won' the spoon in their first year, and came close in their 2nd. They are building an incredible team, but it's taking time.

Which trajectory do you think is better for long-term success? Starting out good and turning to sh*t, or starting out sh*t and becoming good?
Raiderdave wrote:
perception is reality
eelofwest
Coach
Coach
Team: Eels

Post by eelofwest »

Drac wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Drac wrote:

ship has sailed

Okay, to reiterate th epoint I made in my post, which you seem to have glossed over:

The titans recruited mature players, solid players, like Preston Campbell, Scott Prince, Matt Rogers, etc. They were competitive right from the start. Then in 4 years they 'won' the spoon.

The Suns filled their team with talented rookies, (and a couple of mature players, including the best player in the comp). The 'won' the spoon in their first year, and came close in their 2nd. They are building an incredible team, but it's taking time.

Which trajectory do you think is better for long-term success? Starting out good and turning to sh*t, or starting out sh*t and becoming good?
Some floors in your post drac.

Titans Ceo Mr Seale the fuckwit did not pay the tradies for there work on the centre for excellence/white elephant and news got around the community hence the drop from 20k crowd average to 14k.

Titans would be okay without this dipshit searle, thank goodness he is no longer in charge.

Searle treated himself to all the profits and left the club in ruins.

And sorry about the starting well and fading to the wooden spoon part.........the titans did not get the wooden spoon it was the eels and the Storm won the GF....... :-k

I will give you some time to rewrite your post if you like.... :lol:

And dave is correct, our expansion teams have been way more successful then the AFL's

Titans and Storm vs the Suns and Midgets.....................who here is willing to bet on the Suns and the Midgets......... =D>
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

How about re-reading his post. They won the spoon in their 5th season, which was last year. :roll:

As for their crowds, dont you think the struggling local economy also contributed to their fall?
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

piesman2011 wrote:
Drac wrote:
Swans had a few crowds at the SCG under 6k in the early years. Now they've been the highest drawing team across all codes in Sydney for 18 years in a row. Typical myopic League rubbish. Things don't work instantly? quit while you're behind. If the Swans were an nRL team they'd have folded. AFL looked further ahead, and hasn't looked back since. GWS will have setbacks, they'll post some low crowds, there'll be doom and gloom articles and Leagueies will lick their lips hoping for the worst. But the AFL will perservere and keep plugging away. Leaguies see it as a money pit. We see it as an investment. Different mentalaties that reflect the different standings of each code.

Well put.

Sure it is champ, what a lot of rot.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Drac wrote:

ship has sailed

Should've raided the other International vFL comps to get the high profile stars, that's what the NRL clubs would do if they didn't have the players to make a decent squad, they'd raid other RL competitions.

Why doesn't the vFL do the same?
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Drac wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Drac wrote:

ship has sailed

Yet they made the finals the year after they got the spoon so stop talking shit, at least most RL clubs make the finals every few seasons unlike the sport you follow.
VickyKicky
Team: Mars

Post by VickyKicky »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:
Xman wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:

ship has sailed

Should've raided the other International vFL comps to get the high profile stars, that's what the NRL clubs would do if they didn't have the players to make a decent squad, they'd raid other RL competitions.

They did! only one of them just didn't have the passion :lol:
eelofwest
Coach
Coach
Team: Eels

Post by eelofwest »

VickyKicky wrote:
ParraEelsNRL wrote:
Xman wrote:

Yes Passion is very important in any sporting code. Are you saying passion is not important>? If so then the VFL is in more trouble then first thought.... :wink:
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Not sure Whats wrong with the VFL? They seem stronger than every, although the Casey scorpions need some help.
VickyKicky
Team: Mars

Post by VickyKicky »

eelofwest wrote:
VickyKicky wrote:
ParraEelsNRL wrote:

Yes Passion is very important in any sporting code. Are you saying passion is not important>? If so then the VFL is in more trouble then first thought.... :wink:
Not according to some of posters out here! in fact they also think you don't even need ability to play the game, you just need to be marketable :lol: and hey presto here's 1.5 million in your bank account and the crowds would flock in to see you play erm not very well really. Yet they claim this doesn't discredit their code...