pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Re: the VFL caught out on their GF TV ratings

Post by pussycat »

Sent an eMail to Oztam questioning the figures - here is there reply:

" The way in which Channel 7 codes the AFL matches in terms of ratings has changed; they now separate a ‘Pre Match’ program from the match itself (they also have a ‘Post Match’ program but last year they had a comparable ‘After the Game’ program). Splitting events in this way can help maximize ratings for the main event.
Matches in Sydney and Brisbane are now live on 7mate, rather than airing in a late night timeslot on 7.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact me."

Thanks

Jacinta

Jacinta Flesch
Research Analyst
OzTAM Pty Ltd

L4, 50 Berry Street, North Sydney NSW 2060 | D: + 61 2 8905 6608 | Main: + 61 2 9929 7210|
http://www.oztam.com.au

This email is confidential. If received in error, please delete it from your system.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 0

Post by Xman »

pussycat wrote:
Sent an eMail to Oztam questioning the figures - here is there reply:

" The way in which Channel 7 codes the AFL matches in terms of ratings has changed; they now separate a ‘Pre Match’ program from the match itself (they also have a ‘Post Match’ program but last year they had a comparable ‘After the Game’ program). Splitting events in this way can help maximize ratings for the main event.
Matches in Sydney and Brisbane are now live on 7mate, rather than airing in a late night timeslot on 7.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact me."

Thanks

Jacinta

Jacinta Flesch
Research Analyst
OzTAM Pty Ltd

L4, 50 Berry Street, North Sydney NSW 2060 | D: + 61 2 8905 6608 | Main: + 61 2 9929 7210|
http://www.oztam.com.au

This email is confidential. If received in error, please delete it from your system.
interesting but I would have thought thats pretty obvious
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Obvious or not it shows Ch/7 are taking an advantage of a loophole to boost there figures.

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

pussycat wrote:
Obvious or not it shows Ch/7 are taking an advantage of a loophole to boost there figures.
:lol: :lol:

:|

King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Sun TV Metro #NRLCBYMEL GF Day:
Presentations 2.42m
Game 2.40m
Entertainment 1.29m
1st division 498k
U21 GF 339k Nine
What do you think ch9 are doing you goose?

:lol: :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

wishful thinking

I wonder what other methods C7 have been using to inflate there figures this year :lol:

The words - A sick joke come to mind :wink:

I guess it must be a bit like how Ben Johnson felt. The joy of winning the Olympic 100m final, but at the same time living with the knowledge that you only won because you were on the juice. And now!, well now the whole world has found out. Everybody knows that you are a drug cheat.

AFL = Fudgers :lol: :lol: :lol:

Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

pussycat wrote:
wishful thinking

I wonder what other methods C7 have been using to inflate there figures this year :lol:

The words - A sick joke come to mind :wink:

I guess it must be a bit like how Ben Johnson felt. The joy of winning the Olympic 100m final, but at the same time living with the knowledge that you only won because you were on the juice. And now!, well now the whole world has found out. Everybody knows that you are a drug cheat.

AFL = Fudgers :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

for starters ch7 would look after the way their ratings are split, not the AFL. Secondly, as I showed, the NRL GF was split up by ch9 in the very same way. :lol: :lol:

what the hell are you on about? :lol: :lol:
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

The email, I sent was earlier in the year, I read it and didnt think anymore about it, until now. Its not about the Grand final but regular season & finals matches, At least thats how I read it. When C7/C9 try to sell an advertising slot to a potential advertiser its the 3 0r 4 hours from the commencement of the programm to the end of it. C7 are now selling it in section ! pre match! match! post match, the same way its done in the GF. ie.' maximize ratings for the main event'.

Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

pussycat wrote:
The email, I sent was earlier in the year, I read it and didnt think anymore about it, until now. Its not about the Grand final but regular season & finals matches, At least thats how I read it. When C7/C9 try to sell an advertising slot to a potential advertiser its the 3 0r 4 hours from the commencement of the programm to the end of it. C7 are now selling it in section ! pre match! match! post match, the same way its done in the GF. ie.' maximize ratings for the main event'.
The AFl telecast goes for 3 hrs and the match about 2.5. The NRL telecast goes for 2. All it does is make them more comparable.

Why put this in a thread about AFL GF ratings when the NRL do it too?
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

3 hours has advantages and disadvantages.... thats just the way it is .

It certainly explains the extra 2 or 300K they've been getting this year. :wink:

Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

pussycat wrote:

It certainly explains the extra 2 or 300K they've been getting this year. :wink:
exellent work pussycat

confirmation of VFL ratings fudging ... good job =D> =D> =D>
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

pussycat wrote:

except they were also doing it last year :lol: :lol: :lol:
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

I just showed you the Email . If you care to read it she says Ch 7 started with the new system THIS year!

Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

pussycat wrote:
I just showed you the Email . If you care to read it she says Ch 7 started with the new system THIS year!
Ahh, no it doesnt.

I specifically remember them splitting the ratings in a simlar way last year, and maybe even the year before.
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Surprise...Surprise thats what Ben Johnson said to. Maybe they mixed up the urine samples =D> Maybe you should get on the phone to Jacinta (Oztam research analst) and tell her she's wrong. :wink: