AFL football TV ratings and discussion.
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 0

Re: the VFL caught out on their GF TV ratings

Post by Xman »

Furthermore, the NRL/ch9 do exactly the same coding for their finals yet the AFL killed them :wink:
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Just the Grand Final. Quiet possibly Origin too.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

What's the excuse going to be for the 1 million extra viewers each week during the final series? You don't have too many excuses on this one :wink:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

pussycat wrote:
What's the excuse going to be for the 1 million extra viewers each week during the final series? You don't have too many excuses on this one :wink:
Regular live games during the year and popular teams from 4 cities. Add to that foxtel live and ad free.
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Its not to hard to work out. If you just take the average of actual match itself its going to be a quiet a bit higher.

Just me for example, and I doubt Im the only one, If the football is scheduled to start at 7.30 I dont turn the TV on till 7.45.

Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

pussycat wrote:
Its not to hard to work out. If you just take the average of actual match itself its going to be a quiet a bit higher.

Just me for example, and I doubt Im the only one, If the football is scheduled to start at 7.30 I dont turn the TV on till 7.45.
as I said, this years finals included the dockers, eagles, crows and swans, so almost every final had 2 city markets.

You can see the ratings for the pre game section in the finals. They rate lower than the game by maybe 50%. Given that the pre game is only 10 minutes different to last year, and the post game section was already separated last year, its virtually impossible that such a dramatic increase in ratings was due to separating 10 minutes from 2.5 hrs. :roll:

But even with this new coding the NRL still have a major advantage in an average audience comparison because of their 2 hr telecast compared to our 2.5 hr game.
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

10 mins :lol: :lol: :lol: please. Try 30min.

And 2012 is the first season this splitting of broadcasts system has been used for club games.

Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

pussycat wrote:
10 mins :lol: :lol: :lol: please. Try 30min.

And 2012 is the first season this splitting of broadcasts system has been used for club games.
wrong

The AfL have 20mins pre game. Last year it was only 10 pre game but that was included in the game. Therefore the only difference between this year and last year is 10 minutes pre game that's coded separately.

Also, the way in which Channel 7 coded the AFL matches in terms of ratings also changed; in 2012 they separated a ‘Pre Match’ program from the match itself (they also had a ‘Post Match’ program but last year they had a comparable ‘After the Game’ program).- Oztam

They already counted the game and post game separately last year, so the only difference is 10 minutes pre game. [-(
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

pussycat wrote:
Just the Grand Final. Quiet possibly Origin too.
That's not what David Knox said to you was it? He said "finals" :wink:
Hotdog
Team: Brisbane

Post by Hotdog »

Stewie wrote:
4,161,000. Highest rating sports broadcast of the year :\: :\: :\:
And that dosent include the millions watching at BBQs and in clubs and pubs right around the nation I reckon the real figure would be closer to 6 million and that on a dead viewing time on a Sat afternoon NOT Prime Time like the RL on Sunday night. The real gap will be shown when the AFL eventually switches to a night GF
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Hotdog wrote:
Stewie wrote:
And that dosent include the millions watching at BBQs and in clubs and pubs right around the nation I reckon the real figure would be closer to 6 million and that on a dead viewing time on a Sat afternoon NOT Prime Time like the RL on Sunday night. The real gap will be shown when the AFL eventually switches to a night GF
Its a fair point actually. Its not like pubs, BBQs, and clubs fill with people for SOO to the same extent on a week night as they would on a Saturday afternoon. The AFL GF stops Victoria, SA, WA and TAS in its tracks
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

Hotdog wrote:
Stewie wrote:
yes of course no one goes to pubs or clubs to watch the SOO or the NRL GF .. :lol: :lol: :lol:

anyway
http://www.thinktv.com.au/SiteMedia/w3s ... port-2.pdf
heres the drum folks

highest .. no

9th according to this :wink:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

Xman wrote:
Hotdog wrote:
Stewie wrote:
The AFL GF stops Victoria, SA, WA and TAS in its tracks
& barely raises an eyebrow in NSW the ACT & QLD ... where most Australians live :cool:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Raiderdave wrote:
Xman wrote:
Hotdog wrote:
The AFL GF stops Victoria, SA, WA and TAS in its tracks
& barely raises an eyebrow in NSW the ACT & QLD ... where most Australians live :cool:
Hmmm, 700k in Sydney on Saturday afternoon.....any other program's rate that for a day program? :lol:
piesman2011
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood

Post by piesman2011 »

Raiderdave wrote:
Hotdog wrote:
Stewie wrote:
yes of course no one goes to pubs or clubs to watch the SOO or the NRL GF .. :lol: :lol: :lol:

anyway
http://www.thinktv.com.au/SiteMedia/w3s ... port-2.pdf
heres the drum folks

highest .. no

9th according to this :wink:
Excluding, Tas, most of WA and diary markets.