BS File #31: It was clear that a large percentage ...

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

BS File #31: It was clear that a large percentage ...

Post by King-Eliagh »

BS File #31:

"It was clear that a large percentage of the SOO crowd were racists"
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3214&start=60

Claimant: TLPG

Challenger: King-Eliagh

Challenged: 19/08/2012

Even though TLPG will likely claim that he was referring to a large percentage of a "section" of a crowd, this statement should not have been made. Even after I raised the point that this statement claims that thousands of SOO goers are racists our illustrious mod TLPG did not acknowledge the point or correct his statement.

If anything though this file has also been put up as a litmus test for our members to view just how biased our adjudicator Xman is...

:wink:

Now prove your claim TLPG :lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 0

Re: BS File #31: It was clear that a large percentage ...

Post by Xman »

hmmm, problem is TLPG used a subjective term. He didnt say "10%", or the "majority", or "1 in 5". He said a large percentage. This is a subjective term that compares the amount to a similar scenario. The comparison is the AFL game where a single fan was acccused and punished for racial abuse. By this defenition TLPG appears to be correct. The media reported the racist fans in the NRL SOO crowd as sections which by anyones definition is a large percentage of the crowd compared to a single fan.

QUEENSLAND'S State of Origin heroes were subjected to vicious racist chants by sections of the official NSW supporters' group during Origin II, with former NRL halfback Joe Williams revealing the "disgusting" gibes and signs.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 6396013849
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

Thank you, Xman. I never specified a percentage. I simply used the term "large" which could mean anything from 10% to 90% and not even limited to that. The article stated that "sections" of the crowd were behaving like racists. This insinuates several bunches of fans, which I would consider a large percentage.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

TLPG wrote:
Xman wrote:
hmmm, problem is TLPG used a subjective term. He didnt say "10%", or the "majority", or "1 in 5". He said a large percentage. This is a subjective term that compares the amount to a similar scenario. The comparison is the AFL game where a single fan was acccused and punished for racial abuse. By this defenition TLPG appears to be correct. The media reported the racist fans in the NRL SOO crowd as sections which by anyones definition is a large percentage of the crowd compared to a single fan.

QUEENSLAND'S State of Origin heroes were subjected to vicious racist chants by sections of the official NSW supporters' group during Origin II, with former NRL halfback Joe Williams revealing the "disgusting" gibes and signs.
:lol: And there's our answer to whether or not we have an objective adjudicator folks! :lol:

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

TLPG wrote:
Thank you, Xman. I never specified a percentage. I simply used the term "large" which could mean anything from 10% to 90% and not even limited to that. The article stated that "sections" of the crowd were behaving like racists. This insinuates several bunches of fans, which I would consider a large percentage.
:lol: 10 percent of 50k = 5thousand!

xman wrote:
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
TLPG wrote:
Xman wrote:

:lol: And there's our answer to whether or not we have an objective adjudicator folks! :lol:
handy rebuttal there KE :roll:
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Sections of the NSW supporters grop Xman, not sections of the NRL SOO crowd. :wink:

Objective? No. [-X

Just gettin out more proof for our members that this 'section' of the forum is nothing more than a joke.

xman wrote:
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

You're a joke if you think that proves me wrong, KE! A section is a section - whether it be NSW fans or the SOO crowd as a whole.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Your statement proves you wrong TLPG.
It was clear that a large percentage of the SOO crowd were racists
Prove it. :wink:

xman wrote:
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

Xman already did with the link from the Courier Mail.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Sections of the NSW supporters grop Xman, not sections of the NRL SOO crowd. :wink:

Objective? No. [-X

Just gettin out more proof for our members that this 'section' of the forum is nothing more than a joke.
Again, :roll: , the term he used was a comparison to another scenario, :roll: not an absolute figure :roll:

How else would you quantify "large" dipwad?? :roll:
Striker
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm

Post by Striker »

An objective view from the rugby side.

TL said "large". That insinuates big numbers no matter what. El is challenging the numbers that TL is claiming, and there he's got a valid claim. Specific figures aren't needed.

TL's defence is weak. "Sections" mean how many? State of Origin has crowds no lower than 40K on average. TL here gave a minimum percentage of 10% (and tried to generalise it to avoid responsibility), which on the average I gave is 4,000 racists. So TL is insinuating there were 4,000 racists at that State of Origin game.

I back El's BS call. I'm not saying there weren't racists there at all. TL is just blowing out the numbers to make rugby league look worse than it is.
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Striker wrote:
An objective view from the rugby side.

TL said "large". That insinuates big numbers no matter what. El is challenging the numbers that TL is claiming, and there he's got a valid claim. Specific figures aren't needed.

TL's defence is weak. "Sections" mean how many? State of Origin has crowds no lower than 40K on average. TL here gave a minimum percentage of 10% (and tried to generalise it to avoid responsibility), which on the average I gave is 4,000 racists. So TL is insinuating there were 4,000 racists at that State of Origin game.

I back El's BS call. I'm not saying there weren't racists there at all. TL is just blowing out the numbers to make rugby league look worse than it is.
Large is not objective. How can you quantify it? Only by comparison to a similar arrangment.

If I went to the cricket and there were 20 streakers I could say "there were heaps of streakers at todays game"! Does that mean there were 4000 streakers? No. It means in comparison to previous games there were far more than normal.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Objectively speaking I think all sane folk with a half decent education would agree that at the absolute minimum a large percentage of 50,000 would be 5k. Problem is TLPG and Xman are not sane and have not had a decent education.

Xman your streakers call is rubbish and a typical example of you taking things out of context in an attempt to validate your bias. To put it back into the correct context answer what you think it would mean if one were to say "it was clear that a large percentage of the 50k crowd at the cricket were streakers". You think that would mean there were 20 streakers? :lol: Yes Xman, you are a joke.

All over you Xman...all over you.

Now lets not mess around anymore. Hand me over a dumbarse point and stick another dildo in TLPGs gob.

xman wrote:
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Objectively speaking I think all sane folk with a half decent education would agree that at the absolute minimum a large percentage of 50,000 would be 5k. Problem is TLPG and Xman are not sane and have not had a decent education.

Xman your streakers call is rubbish and a typical example of you taking things out of context in an attempt to validate your bias. To put it back into the correct context answer what you think it would mean if one were to say "it was clear that a large percentage of the 50k crowd at the cricket were streakers". You think that would mean there were 20 streakers? :lol: Yes Xman, you are a joke.

All over you Xman...all over you.

Now lets not mess around anymore. Hand me over a dumbarse point and stick another dildo in TLPGs gob.
so a large percentage is 10% is it? :roll:

Some may think its 50%. SOme may think its 1%.

Either way its subjective and completely open to interpretation, or dare I say it, CONTEXT. :wink: