BS File #29: AFL Coaches have admitted not trying to win

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

BS File #29: AFL Coaches have admitted not trying to win

Post by TLPG »

BS file claim #29:
"I clearly stated that coaches have admitted to deliberately not trying to win."
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3187&start=150&p=50 ... how#p50433

Claimant: King-Eliagh

Challenger: TLPG

Challenged: 14/08/12 1200

This file is NOT about whether or not tanking exists. It is about whether or not coaches have actually admitted to not trying to win. And despite many chances KE is yet to provide a quote from an AFL coach - past or present - that proves that they tried not to win a game.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Re: BS File #29: AFL Coaches have admitted not trying to win

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol: Tanking exists and thats final TLPG. Now stop your silly shenanigans and act your age!

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

Stop avoiding the topic. You said that coaches admitted that they didn't try to win.

Prove it!
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Ok TLPG, I'll prove it when I have some more time. In the mean time i'd like you to get yourself a nice chamomile and relax my friend.

xman wrote:
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

This should be good. And remember, they have to SAY it! That's what you claimed. They "ADMITTED" it.

Imputations don't count.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Oh stop weasling out of it TLPG.

"I clearly stated that coaches have admitted to deliberately not trying to win."

There is a myriad of ways one can admit to deliberately not trying to win something. i.e. i didnt try in that match = i did not try to win.

Comprehende?

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

In any case you needn't be so worried and paranoid here. Xman's on your side with this one and we all know what happens in the BS files when Xman's on your side :lol:

xman wrote:
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

King-Eliagh wrote:
There is a myriad of ways one can admit to deliberately not trying to win something. i.e. i didnt try in that match = i did not try to win.

Comprehende?
Comprehension fail again. That is an imputation, not an admission.

"I didn't try in that match" <> "I did not try to win"

"I didn't try in that match" = a huge number of different things and you have to prove that it meant what you think it does. This is the point. This isn't about what you think. This is about what they ACTUALLY ADMITTED to doing.

So either provide quotes that the coach admitted not trying to win - or the BS point goes to you.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Dean Bailey former melb coach wrote:
"I had no hesitation at all in the first two years in ensuring the club was well placed for draft picks," Bailey said after being sacked last year.

"I was asked to do the best thing by the Melbourne Football Club and I did it. I put players in different positions."
Not winning = high draft picks.

Good ol bails has clearly admitted that he deliberately tried not to win in his above comments. What else does "ensuring the club was 'well placed for draft picks'" mean TLPG?

I'll give you a clue.

* leans over and whispers in TLPGs ear --- it dont mean winning :lol:

xman wrote:
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 0

Post by Xman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
"I had no hesitation at all in the first two years in ensuring the club was well placed for draft picks," Bailey said after being sacked last year.

"I was asked to do the best thing by the Melbourne Football Club and I did it. I put players in different positions."

Good ol bails has clearly admitted that he deliberately tried not to win in his above comments. What else does "ensuring the club was 'well placed for draft picks'" mean TLPG?

I'll give you a clue.

not winning=poor confidence, morale, culture

deliberately not winning=lack of opportunity to teach game plan, develope the team

These are huge disadvantages to get a slightly earlier pick in the draft or an extra pick.

Carlton were accused for tanking to get Cruizer. Yet Trent Cotchin at number 2, Dangerfield at 10 and Rioli even lower have been far better players. Deliberately losing offers few benefits and many many problems.
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

King-Eliagh wrote:

I'll give you a clue.

In your biased and unrealistic world it means that.

In the real world it means that Bailey was testing the playing list to see what was needed at draft time. That is placing the club well for draft picks, and that is what happened.

There is NO ADMISSION in your quote that Bailey admitted to deliberately trying not to win. None.

Try again.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Xman wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:

I'll give you a clue.

not winning=poor confidence, morale, culture

deliberately not winning=lack of opportunity to teach game plan, develope the team

These are huge disadvantages to get a slightly earlier pick in the draft or an extra pick.

Carlton were accused for tanking to get Cruizer. Yet Trent Cotchin at number 2, Dangerfield at 10 and Rioli even lower have been far better players. Deliberately losing offers few benefits and many many problems.
:blahblah: I'll say it again Xman, this doesnt mean it didnt happen you utter IDIOT.

By your reasoning we would never have criminals because crime often means you will go to gaol and have fewer chances at enjoying the funner things in life. You silly silly confused buffoon, get out of TLPGs file! You're ruining his chances of forcing a BS point on me!! :x

xman wrote:
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

It DOES mean that it didn't happen, dope!!

Prove that it did!
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

TLPG wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:

I'll give you a clue.

In your biased and unrealistic world it means that.

In the real world it means that Bailey was testing the playing list to see what was needed at draft time. That is placing the club well for draft picks, and that is what happened.

There is NO ADMISSION in your quote that Bailey admitted to deliberately trying not to win. None.

Try again.
Oh its cut and dry TLPG. Clear as crystal my friend. As he said "and I did it" :lol:

Ok Xman I'm done in here. Pass me my inevitable BS point now.

TLPG? =D> Jolly good show ol chap. You provided no proof of your claims. I did. Yours is just opinion. Whereas I have a damning quotation proving Bails deliberately aimed not to win. :D

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

TLPG wrote:
It DOES mean that it didn't happen, dope!!

Prove that it did!
:lol: so whatever Xman says is true? :lol:

Again, by his reasoning a human would never choose to rob a bank, cause (insert put on intelligent voice) the negative consequences far outweight the positive.

I love it. TLPG full bloodedly supporting what is perhaps Xman's dumbest moment. :lol:

:lol:

xman wrote: