QLD biggest bandwagoners....?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
eelofwest
Coach
Coach
Team: Eels
Been liked: 0

QLD biggest bandwagoners....?

Post by eelofwest »

I am sorry but this has been bugging at me for some time now.

QLD want our GF, do they deserve it?

If there is 2 QLD teams should we move it to Suncorp?

These are the 2 Questions that i need anwered from you Melbourne AFL fans.

Would you Pies, Hawks, Demons, Dogs, Bombers, Stkilda fans like it if Perth try and steel your GF of you?

RL originated in this country from NSW as did AFL with Victoria, and both codes are biggest in there respective states.

Keep this in Mind... :-k

Fri TV #NRL 291k GEM (Syd 291k Mel 11k Bri 95k :lol: Ade 2k Per 5k) #NRLSYDSTI

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/q ... 5847714491

http://tensport.com.au/news/theroar/Rug ... rstate.htm

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/shows/ ... -688u.html
piesman2011
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood

Re: QLD biggest bandwagoners....?

Post by piesman2011 »

The ratings are bad because of the game being on GEM and another problem is that the broncos are not playing if I remember correctly. Brisbane is screaming for a second team.

I would like the RL GF to be shared but the GF needs to be in a massive stadium. Suncorp is probabaly ok I guess. (see below for reasons why, the same reasons apply to both sports)

I would like not just Perth but every major state to have the AFL GF. It would create more of a national identity for AFL and create more fans around the country (same for RL). If the AFL could take the GF around the country (Perth, Sydney, Adelaide and Brisbane) and sell out the GFs this would truely make the game Australia's game (same goes for RL) However the MCG has a contract for a long time and I cant see this happening.
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

Pies, the key point to all of this is the stadium size. Lang Park only holds 50,000 IIRC. The two biggest stadiums in the country are the MCG and the Olympic Stadium. I think the only stadium that beats 50,000 (and even then it's only just) is Docklands. That's the problem. You have to play the biggest game in the biggest stadium. In the AFL that's the MCG. In the NRL that's Olympic Stadium.

Both leagues would lose a packet if they played it anywhere else, no matter how practical it may be on the field. And there would be mountains of complaints from the numbers of fans locked out because there were nowhere near enough seats.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
cos789
Coach
Coach
Team: Wookie is a failed pathetic ugly woman

Post by cos789 »

TLPG wrote:
Pies, the key point to all of this is the stadium size. Lang Park only holds 50,000 IIRC. The two biggest stadiums in the country are the MCG and the Olympic Stadium. I think the only stadium that beats 50,000 (and even then it's only just) is Docklands. That's the problem. You have to play the biggest game in the biggest stadium. In the AFL that's the MCG. In the NRL that's Olympic Stadium.

Both leagues would lose a packet if they played it anywhere else, no matter how practical it may be on the field. And there would be mountains of complaints from the numbers of fans locked out because there were nowhere near enough seats.
Absolutely right.
Firstly you'd only move the GF if the top qualifier was from interstate.
Secondly you'd only move the game if the stadia was large enough and the Perth and Adelaide are cheaping out on capacity.
Currently the only teams that could qualify are the Swans and GWS.
But the AFL has a contract with the MCG.
IMO, in the advent of drawn games the rematch should be moved where possible.
Nice try Cos.
eelofwest
Coach
Coach

Post by eelofwest »

TLPG wrote:

Yeah totally agree Suncorp to small for GF would loose heaps of money, but Anna Bligh is putting up huge cash to take it away from NSW so that might even out the cash RL would loose from suncorp tickets sales........what you think NSW have to match the amount i guess?
eelofwest
Coach
Coach

Post by eelofwest »

cos789 wrote:
TLPG wrote:

Absolutely right.
Firstly you'd only move the GF if the top qualifier was from interstate.
Secondly you'd only move the game if the stadia was large enough and the Perth and Adelaide are cheaping out on capacity.
Currently the only teams that could qualify are the Swans and GWS.
But the AFL has a contract with the MCG.
IMO, in the advent of drawn games the rematch should be moved where possible.
Yeah good idea would move a rematch to another location, only thing is NRL don't have GF reply they go to golden Point.
eelofwest
Coach
Coach

Post by eelofwest »

piesman2011 wrote:
The ratings are bad because of the game being on GEM and another problem is that the broncos are not playing if I remember correctly. Brisbane is screaming for a second team.

I would like the RL GF to be shared but the GF needs to be in a massive stadium. Suncorp is probabaly ok I guess. (see below for reasons why, the same reasons apply to both sports)

I would like not just Perth but every major state to have the AFL GF. It would create more of a national identity for AFL and create more fans around the country (same for RL). If the AFL could take the GF around the country (Perth, Sydney, Adelaide and Brisbane) and sell out the GFs this would truely make the game Australia's game (same goes for RL) However the MCG has a contract for a long time and I cant see this happening.
Yeah for NRL or AFL to take it to a stadium with less then 60k would be a shame imo.

Also i think the NRL could take the GF to NZ Eden Park (65k capacity i think) if the Warriors make the GF next time around.
piesman2011
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood

Post by piesman2011 »

I understand that both competitions would loose money by moving the GF, however I still like the ideal of it being circulated around the country and I dont really care about the money. With the AFL they are in the process of upgrading Adelaide Oval (yeah its only 50K or so) and the new Perth stadium should be ready in about 6 years time. With 4 nice stadiums to choose from Adelaide, Perth, Melbourne and Sydney (maybe Brisbane as well) would all have the oppotunaty to cycle through GFs. Its just a pipe dream and the MCG has the contract on the AFL GF for a long time but I like the idea. I agree that both the NRL and the AFL are all about money so you will never see the GF being moved from the biggest grounds in OZ. Unless a state like Qld really come to the party.
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

eelofwest wrote:
TLPG wrote:

Yeah totally agree Suncorp to small for GF would loose heaps of money, but Anna Bligh is putting up huge cash to take it away from NSW so that might even out the cash RL would loose from suncorp tickets sales........what you think NSW have to match the amount i guess?
There's no way the clubs or the NRL would agree to that, and that will kill it before it even starts. The big money maker in the NRL on GF Day is it's biggest venue. And that's Olympic Stadium - not Lang Park. No matter what they try to bribe them with in QLD.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
cooee
Seniors
Seniors
Team: All Brisbane based teams except the Lions

Post by cooee »

eelofwest wrote:
TLPG wrote:

I think its time you joined us in 2012.

This issue was settled back in 2010, when the NSW government spent 45 million to keep the NRL GF in Sydney for the next 10 years.

C'mon Anna Bligh hasn't been premier for close to 5 months now.
eelofwest
Coach
Coach

Post by eelofwest »

cooee wrote:
eelofwest wrote:
TLPG wrote:

This issue was settled back in 2010, when the NSW government spent 45 million to keep the NRL GF in Sydney for the next 10 years.

Yeah and if you look at the first post in this thread.... :lol:
I am sorry but this has been bugging at me for some time now.
This prompted me to make this thread btw.

http://www.nrl.com/all-queensland-grand ... fault.aspx

http://thedailymaggot.com/?p=2198
Crows/Eagles lobby AFL for Adelaide/Perth Grand Final
Adelaide fans celebrate the non-call of Patrick Dangerfield's deliberate out-of-bounds on Friday night
In a move that’s sure to further infuriate Victorian football purists, the West Coast Eagles and Adelaide Crows have begun lobbying the AFL to move this year’s Grand Final to Perth or Adelaide to “ensure the season decider is played under conditions reflective of the regular season.”

So i am not exactly sure what you mean by...? :?:

I am entitled to bring up subjects that i think are important, you got a problem with that? :lol:
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

Just on the AFL point - the AFL Grand Final has been sold to the MCG for a long period of time. It's contracted to be there, and no amount of whining from Adelaide or West Coast will change that.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
eelofwest
Coach
Coach

Post by eelofwest »

TLPG wrote:
Just on the AFL point - the AFL Grand Final has been sold to the MCG for a long period of time. It's contracted to be there, and no amount of whining from Adelaide or West Coast will change that.
How much has it been sold to the MCG for?