Swans - Top 4?

Australian Football news and discussion.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Swans - Top 4?

Post by Beaussie »

Starting to get really excited about 2012. Today was a big test. In the end, an amazing team effort today to totally outclass and smash the Hawks. Sitting equal top of the ladder and undefeated after round 5.

Is a top 4 end of season finish possible? Premiership?

I note the commentators today saying the Swans are genunine premiership contenders.

Am I getting too excited way too early?
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Re: Swans - Top 4?

Post by TLPG »

Yep. It can all fall apart just like that. I predicted Carlton were on their way to the GF with West Coast - and now look at them!
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Pickles
Seniors
Seniors
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Pickles »

Sitting 5-0 they have to be considered a great chance at the top 4.

There still a side that are going to be vulnerable to losing games that they really should win (so are most teams, just feel the swans are more vulnerable). But they have had to play some pretty good sides already so theres no saying how far they will go. They look odds on to either get a double chance in the finals or at least a home final finishing 5-6th.
Pickles
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by Pickles »

Stuffed up another week in my tipping though, cost me the 9 this round! had a sneaky feeling they'd get up to.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Pickles wrote:
Sitting 5-0 they have to be considered a great chance at the top 4.

There still a side that are going to be vulnerable to losing games that they really should win (so are most teams, just feel the swans are more vulnerable). But they have had to play some pretty good sides already so theres no saying how far they will go. They look odds on to either get a double chance in the finals or at least a home final finishing 5-6th.
I really don' t want another 5-6th finish. We really need to show improvement and finish top 4 this season to have a real chance.

Curious as to why you think the Swans are more vulnerable to losing games they really should win.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Swans have been a bit vulnerable to losing games they should win for the last few seasons. But they seem fairly solid so far this season. I think they're a real chance of top four and believe they will continue knocking teams over, partly because I think sides will continue to underestimate them like pickles. Plus their run for the next five weeks looks all too east atm. I could see them going 10-0.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
rosize
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by rosize »

I don't think so. They should make the 8.....but Carlton, WCE, Freo, Collingwood, Geelong and Essendon will probably finishe above them. The Hawks are ou-of-sorts and no measuring stick. Adam Goodes having a week's rest thru suspension helped him towards 3 goals. All you should read into the result is that it was good they won away from home.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Roos seems excited by what he sees in his former club.
IT MAY only be round five, but former Sydney coach Paul Roos says ''right here and now'' the Swans are clearly one of the two best teams in the AFL.

The two sides that played the 2005 and '06 grand finals are the best in the competition at the moment, says Roos. ''When you look at them structurally they have both good key position players. The Swans have [Heath] Grundy and Teddy Richards [in defence]) and they [the Eagles] have [Darren] Glass and Will Schofield, they both have a mix of forwards that can kick goals and the midfield depths are really good.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/roos ... z1tZAeOXrZ
beepee
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by beepee »

Pickles wrote:
Stuffed up another week in my tipping though, cost me the 9 this round! had a sneaky feeling they'd get up to.
I was with you Pickles, but no balls in picking them. They continue to defy. Way too early for both of us, but love to see 2005/06 fought out again at the end of the year!
Eagles for Premiers!!
dogmaniac
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by dogmaniac »

injury free, and I would say a good chance
Bulldogs: new breed , new title!!!!
beepee
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by beepee »

If only we could stop losing goal kickers!!
Eagles for Premiers!!
rosize
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by rosize »

..........Carlton, WCE, Freo, Collingwood, Geelong and Essendon will probably finishe above them.
Whoops! I forgot to include the Crows who are whjipping them at this very moment.
Pickles
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by Pickles »

Beaussie wrote:
Curious as to why you think the Swans are more vulnerable to losing games they really should win.
Maybe the Swannies can tell me why they're vulnerable... cost me the bloody double tip!
oozeboss
Team: Geelong Cats and GWS Giants

Post by oozeboss »

The Swannies are better than they were last year and are in with a fair shot, but the eveness of the true contenders is wider and greater than we've seen in many a year. In the end it may boil down to injuries, rotations and a bit of luck.
The big big sound from the west of the town.
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

That's a fair assessment there, Ooze. Welcome to the forum!
THIS FORUM IS RACIST