NRL to reap $1.2b from TV rights

NRL, State of Origin and International football TV ratings and discussion.
eelofwest
Coach
Coach
Team: Eels
Been liked: 0

Re: NRL to reap $1.2b from TV rights

Post by eelofwest »

So we have confirmation that the NRL signed of on a larger tv deal in total then the AFL

http://www.afr.com/p/lifestyle/sport/ar ... GPrEGhGbHL
To top it off, the NRL is in the first year of a five-year broadcast deal with Nine, Fox Sports and Telstra worth a combined $1.2 billion.

Add the 100+million minimum from Nz Sky and the fat lady can start singing..........................................................can you here it can you here it.....................its beautiful...... :D :D :D
piesman2011
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood

Post by piesman2011 »

eelofwest wrote:
So we have confirmation that the NRL signed of on a larger tv deal in total then the AFL

To top it off, the NRL is in the first year of a five-year broadcast deal with Nine, Fox Sports and Telstra worth a combined $1.2 billion.

Add the 100+million minimum from Nz Sky and the fat lady can start singing..........................................................can you here it can you here it.....................its beautiful...... :D :D :D
Sorry mate your leader said 1.2 with NZ. The FR said 1.2 billion which was a quote from the first figure, but they failed to say with NZ. No biggie but keep dreaming.
eelofwest
Coach
Coach

Post by eelofwest »

piesman2011 wrote:
eelofwest wrote:

Sorry mate your leader said 1.2 with NZ. The FR said 1.2 billion which was a quote from the first figure, but they failed to say with NZ. No biggie but keep dreaming.
Ah no Pies it clearly says there 1.2b FOX NINE TELSTRA, does not say NZ included and if it did i would like you to link that for me......Nope your wrong as i thought......... =D> =D>
piesman2011
Coach
Coach

Post by piesman2011 »

eelofwest wrote:
piesman2011 wrote:
eelofwest wrote:

Ah no Pies it clearly says there 1.2b FOX NINE TELSTRA, does not say NZ included and if it did i would like you to link that for me......Nope your wrong as i thought......... =D> =D>
John Grant said differently. Keep grasping mate.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

John Grant presentation came almost 1 month prior to the new NZ contact. He used the word 'is' not will be - is.

So if the two amounts were similar, as stated then , they would'nt be after the NZ increase.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
eelofwest
Coach
Coach

Post by eelofwest »

pussycat wrote:
John Grant presentation came almost 1 month prior to the new NZ contact. He used the word 'is' not will be - is.

So if the two amounts were similar, as stated then , they would'nt be after the NZ increase.
Yes exactly Pusscat............ =D> =D>

Here lady's and gents we have a toddler(Pies) who cannot admit when they have been defeated.................Sore looser anyone........... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pies i know it kills you that we have signed of on a larger tv deal in total then the AFL but man come on man up and just admit defeat... :wink:

Anymore excuses/conspiracies for us to shoot down????
piesman2011
Coach
Coach

Post by piesman2011 »

The denial is strong in you both. 1.2 for everything over the next five years as stated by John Grant, you can't deny this as not being fact. The financial review like the rest of us don't know the details (it was kept secret as part of the agreement) you both dont know the details, I don't know the details, John Grant and a few others are the only ones who know the details. I'm not going to argue with you on this one. Deep down you know the truth of my words.
eelofwest
Coach
Coach

Post by eelofwest »

You okay there mate

Keep clutching at straws mate and here is a tissue..............it will pass....... :lol: :lol:

piesman2011
Coach
Coach

Post by piesman2011 »

That a selfie?
eelofwest
Coach
Coach

Post by eelofwest »

piesman2011 wrote:
That a selfie?
That is what i imagine you look like when the information came out that the NRL surpassed the AFL's media deals................... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just man up Pies and stop making these Grant stated this and that excuses........ :wink:
Fred
Coach
Coach
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

Does Telstra deal include naming rights also ? Do both deals include all international media rights ?
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Phelpsy wrote:
Does Telstra deal include naming rights also ? Do both deals include all international media rights ?
Sponsorship money is recorded in a seperate section to broadcast money.

The NRL would record all tV revenue (including NZ) in their broadcast funding. So Yes.

The AFL don't have any international TV revenue (they dont have have any broadcasting revnue North of the Murray :wink:) . So no for that one.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

You sure on that as read an article about Demetrue addressing an American commerce business lunch or something like that, and he was saying it is not the afl's intention to expand internationally , he was saying the afl's efforts overseas was about growing greater brand recognition for sponsors. In that article he said that their international broadcast rights deals had grown in price every year. I was thinking who this a actually would be ... Espn ??? I have no idea but the comment left me thinking there must be some. I am assuming that the growth is coming from a very small baseline to begin with though lol.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

So the nrl tv do or go not include naming rights ?
Veni, vidi, vici
piesman2011
Coach
Coach

Post by piesman2011 »

Telstra payed an unknown amount for the online and naming rights. There was comments made that the rights had doubled since last time by the NRL commision. The amount has been speculated as being between 100 million to 180 million.