Where's the AFL Links.com link on our homepage?

For all the latest forum/site updates, suggestions and news.
crocodileman
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Where's the AFL Links.com link on our homepage?

Post by crocodileman »

If our members still want to keep voting for us, we need this link on our home page. Where is it Beaussie?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

I haven't removed the link. It is still there just under the AFL logo. It doesn't seem to appear today (just a blank box with a red cross) as AFL Links seems to be down for some reason.

Perhaps the server at AFL Links has been overloaded with negative comments about this place.
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

Back up now Beaussie! It seems that we are at least the most talked about site on AFL Links.

I've also noticed that many other official and unofficial footy sites have affiliates - possibly we should approach a few such sites and put it to them to include us on his list - one way of advertising!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

I'm looking into the affiliates. We are already listed on a couple of sites, for instance footyfeedback.tk and thepowerfromport.com

Definately need to get more exposure though.
afl links
Team:

Post by afl links »

Beaussie, can you confirm if the person spamming www.afllinks.com under the name "king eliagh" is the same king eliagh who is a moderator on these forums?
afl links
Team:

Post by afl links »

In fact he's just posted over there that he is happy for Talking Footy to be removed from afl links. Is that ok with you guys here?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

I can assure you that King-Eliagh from here is not posting comments as the king eliagh at AFL Links. It's quite pathetic if you ask me that someone is impersonating him to make him and this site look bad, with no doubt the objective of seeing this site removed. In any case, refer to the PM response I just sent you.
Pickles
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by Pickles »

Why don't you just block the IP afl links? that would block whoever is responsible.
willsko87
Team:

Post by willsko87 »

That's what I was thinking. I'm sure you can do that in the Topsites Admin.
afl links
Team:

Post by afl links »

Thanks Beaussie, just wanted to check with you guys over here. I'll keep clearing the comments and look at removing that option altogether.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Cheers mate. Removing the comments section all together would be good. Sadly the comments section just gets abused and all our sites end up looking bad. I find it so frustrating seeing comments supposedly posted by me or members of this site, knowing full well someone seems intent on starting trouble between various sites - whilst making it look like the trouble stems from here. :evil:

And it's pointless trying to respond as someone just ends impersonating you and making more ridiculous claims or threats.

Blocking the IP as Pickles and Willkso suggested above would also be a good idea. Not sure if you can do that though. Is it possible? That would at least put a stop to whoever it is who is abusing the comments section. They may even get on with their life, as pathetic as it must be.
willsko87
Team:

Post by willsko87 »

We had our site taken off there, because its just ridiculous. I think, if possible, the best idea would be remove the comment section altogether. I also think that the site was better when 'Unique Hits' was the ranking system.
afl links
Team:

Post by afl links »

Thanks, I don't think I can block the IP but I'll try and remove the comments section. The problem with ranking by unique hits is that it counts unique hits by page, so people can put the tracking/voting box on every page on their site and it ends up ranking the site with the most pages, rather than the most popular.
afl links
Team:

Post by afl links »

afl links wrote:
Thanks, I don't think I can block the IP but I'll try and remove the comments section. The problem with ranking by unique hits is that it counts unique hits by page, so people can put the tracking/voting box on every page on their site and it ends up ranking the site with the most pages, rather than the most popular.
I've removed the comments section altogether. Happy for AFL online to rejoin, you were one of our top ranked sites.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

afl links its not me posting those posts. I'm barely online nowadays anyway but i do find it very flattering to see someone impersonating me. Perhaps they love me? They certainly have read alot of my posts. I'm guessing its either crocman or one of the countless women who've become obsessed with me.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?