English RL greater than all other AR comps put together

Football development and expansion overseas. Which code is the biggest? Fight it out in here.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Re: English RL greater than all other AR comps put together

Post by King-Eliagh »

Beaussie wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:
Perhaps a tip for any senior AFL people for the future would be a name change so the sport is seen as more accessible to o/s countries? I mean calling it Australian Rules is pretty dumb from a marketing point of view - and several other points of view in fact. I mean do these senior afl clowns really think its gunna work the way it is? Imagine some fat doofus like andrew dementedho or whatever his name is would come over to australia marketing a sport called Kazhakstan soccer? And it was completely different to the soccer we know, but instead looking like chimps chasing a banana? :lol: Aussies would generally look and laugh, just as millions prob do o/s to Aussie rules, and will continue to do until the sport can stand on its own feet as a legitimate internationally recognise sport. This wont happen with the name "Australian Rules Football".
Yet as has been proven by cos, Australian Rules football is more popular than Rugby League in many countries around the world. Go figure eh?
Cos doesnt prove diddly. He's just one simple minded bloated steaming pile of bull turd who wants everyones personal details so he can do god knows what with them. Best not to listen to that one beaussie. In the mean time I haven't heard many suggestions (or rebuttles for that matter) from the AFL mob re the name of the sport. I guess they're just resigned to the truth that the name is one big downfall. I for one think its important and will address the mater in a separate post now.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
NSWAFL
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Hills Eagles
Been liked: 0

Post by NSWAFL »

That was awfully close to another sook, King. Be careful I don't "spam" (your word) you! :D
214Four
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Wests Tigers - Balmain - Western Sydney Wanderers

Post by 214Four »

NSWAFL wrote:
Greater in what way?
Lol he did use such a broad quote but where i see the English RL better Than the AR comps..

between the two top tier club comps (the super league and the Australian Football League) the Super league is the only one that has an actual league setup with promotion and relegation. The Super League is a more recognised brand worldwide than the Australian Football League.

The second and third tier English RL (championship and championship 1) competitions are both professional leagues.
The 3 strongest second tier AR competitions (VFL, SAAFL, WAFL) are all semi professional. the english RL second and third tier comps average higher attendences than the VFL, SAAFL and the WAFL.

the english Rugby League has a proper national under 20s (youth) competetion with the Super League clubs, the AFL does not.

All this from the 2nd strongest national Rugby League competition.

"Wearing tight shorts is a bootable offense!"
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

Hey bright boy, it's easy to be professional when the turnover is there to support it via a population base. The population in the UK is higher than it is in Australia - so that's one comparison up in smoke.

Secondly, the AFL don't need an Under 20's competition. It has an excellent Under 18 structure at state level with the TAC Cup in Victoria, and the SANFL and the WAFL also have competitions at that level. It's from these that AFL players are first drafted from - with some in SA and WA actually having experience in the senior competition. Can you say that for any players in the Super League Under 20's competition before they first play Super League?

You've got a bit to learn about context, buster.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
214Four
Seniors
Seniors

Post by 214Four »

TLPG wrote:
Secondly, the AFL don't need an Under 20's competition. It has an excellent Under 18 structure at state level with the TAC Cup in Victoria, and the SANFL and the WAFL also have competitions at that level. It's from these that AFL players are first drafted from - with some in SA and WA actually having experience in the senior competition. Can you say that for any players in the Super League Under 20's competition before they first play Super League?
this just proves the points i made about the english RL having a better youth competition...
Doesnt the AFL try to brand itself as a 'national competition'? and isnt the whole point of the expansion into nsw and queensland is to develop youth talent.
I dunno how you think a rep/youth structure (that really is an AFL mindset pre-swans days) with the focus around 3 states and under separate control is better than a national youth competition thats virtually a carbon copy of the Super league, under the one organisation.
Unlike the AFL version the English SL (which they copied from the NRL) youth competition is unbiased towards particular areas and is more successful on finding and developing talent than a 'washed up' system that only finds and nurtures talent in the games heartland.

how many under 20's get experience in the senior competition? the AFL (youth competitions) allows some to get experience in the WFL/SAAFL etc senior comp, WOW! well cos the under20s comp is connected with super league (and NRL) clubs, if a under20 player is good enough he will get selected in the english super league or the NRL. Dave Taylor who use to play for the broncos is an example of this...

Now you wouldnt find a under20s eligible player moved into the NSW cup or a researve grade competition to get experience (unless he doesnt make the u20 team) because the under20s comp is stronger than these competitions. You need to look from a different perspective to really understand how behind the AFL's system is.
Ill use the VFL and AFL as simularities. the league has improved since it went from VFL to afl. Today the AFL is a faster and stronger competition and each player more athletic and skilled than in the VFL days, todays players are not any better than those before, its simply cos of the professionalism of the league now. back on the youth system, there is no way the semi-pro system the afl uses now is better than the fully professional under20 Super League(Rugby League) competition!. [-o<

TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

Yes there is, and the sooner you accept that the better. Oh by the way, have you heard of NSW/ACT Rams? Or the Tassie Mariners? You clearly don't understand the ins and outs of the AFL system so stop trying to compare apples with oranges.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

TLPG wrote:
Yes there is, and the sooner you accept that the better
Oh dear TLPG, you seem lost for words here.

Nice sound argument 214 =D> You've proven your point well with a concise and clear argument. TLPG has resorted to the utterings of a petulant child :lol:

xman wrote:
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

It was not a sound argument, KE, but then I would expect that from a troll like you.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

TLPG wrote:
It was not a sound argument, KE, but then I would expect that from a troll like you.
A poorly structured sentence here TLPG. The sound argument was not provided by me but by 214.

Unfortunately you have provided very little apart from a very small number of players receiving pro experience that debunks 214's argument. Apart from acting like a petulant child. [-X

Pick up your game TLPG, I wanna see good fighting debates in here and all you're giving us is narky teenager dribble. [-X

xman wrote:
eelofwest
Coach
Coach
Team: Eels

Post by eelofwest »

Yes king once again TPG doesn't add to the thread merely foists his opinion on us with no sound logic or proof, once again not adding to this forum but just a cheerleader for Xman Beassie and co. [-X
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

You are both idiots. The reality is that an elite junior competition across Australia is not practical. In any sport. It only works in the UK because it's a much smaller country, so travel is not an issue. It's also better for the AFL because the structure is more conducive to the use of the draft, something that wouldn't work in Super League because connections already exist that cause both loyalty issues and issues over legit claims to the use of players in certain clubs - undermining a truly neutral draft in the first place.

I didn't feel the need to explain that, but because I'm dealing with dumb bells I guess I didn't have a choice.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Thankyou TLPG, finally some sense from you, apart from the last line which is utter trollop. Of course this needed to be explained otherwise you really had no argument now did you. You're getting better at this which is great. I agree with your comments now. I also agree with 214 though. Happy days. :)

xman wrote:
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Thankyou TLPG, finally some sense from you, apart from the last line which is utter trollop.
No it wasn't, troll, and you know it.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Now now, its time to to shut your pie eater. You've made a fair point earlier, so no need to get stroppy.

xman wrote:
214Four
Seniors
Seniors

Post by 214Four »

TLPG wrote:
You are both idiots. The reality is that an elite junior competition across Australia is not practical. In any sport. It only works in the UK because it's a much smaller country, so travel is not an issue. It's also better for the AFL because the structure is more conducive to the use of the draft, something that wouldn't work in Super League because connections already exist that cause both loyalty issues and issues over legit claims to the use of players in certain clubs - undermining a truly neutral draft in the first place.

I didn't feel the need to explain that, but because I'm dealing with dumb bells I guess I didn't have a choice.
Yet the NRL manages to do this (toyota cup U20s) and has for awhile?