AFL/NRL Tipping Competitions in 2012

For all the latest forum/site updates, suggestions and news.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Re: AFL/NRL Tipping Competitions in 2012

Post by King-Eliagh »

Good second post vandyk. Your first point though is ok but it would be good if folk who participate in the tipping also participate in the forum ?

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

rosize wrote:
Keep the comp as it is. I like the bonus game.....and I think it is the most skillful part of the comp as the game is always well chosen. Well done, Beaussie! Don't change the uniqueness of this comp. I think you'd get more people posting if King Eliagh didn't participate. I get sick of his vitriol.
Thanks for the feedback rosize.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

vandyk wrote:
change the terms of entry so everyone can join without the 10 blogs to get more interest and super 15 tipping would be good
Thanks for the feedback. I think you're a bit confused though. Anyone is free to join/enter without the need to make 10 posts. That has always been the case. The idea has been floated that in order to enter tips one would need to have contributed to the site, posts wise. Just an idea however at this stage.

The original reason for the 10 posts to be eligible for prizes come seasons end, was in my mind a means to encourage member participation and discussion on the forums.

I'm hoping to have Super 15 tipping available along with the NRL and AFL as well.
vandyk
Rookie
Rookie
Team: hawthorn+ south sydney
Been liked: 0

Post by vandyk »

can see your point as we wouldnt be having this discussion if it wasnt for the forum
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

vandyk wrote:
give the bonus point for tipping all correct much more skilful so you get reward for effort not just picking the upset when you are a long way behind
I missed this post. Cheers for the feedback.

What are peoples thoughts on tipping the scores as well?
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

My thoughts are similar to vandyk's. niceto hear someone has the same opinion on this one. Reward for effort and skillful tippin!

xman wrote:
vandyk
Rookie
Rookie

Post by vandyk »

tip the margins for first game of the round as there will be blowouts with gws boosting everyones percentage so tipping the scores would be hard but i do know some comps tip the margins for all games thus lessoning the chance of a tie at the end of season
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

vandyk wrote:
tip the margins for first game of the round as there will be blowouts with gws boosting everyones percentage so tipping the scores would be hard but i do know some comps tip the margins for all games thus lessoning the chance of a tie at the end of season
That's exactly what I had in mind. Thoughts?
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Margins for all games sounds pretty full on to me, maybe too much?

xman wrote:
vandyk
Rookie
Rookie

Post by vandyk »

i agree friday night margin would be good enough
dogmaniac
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by dogmaniac »

stay with the bonus point. maybe up the posts by players to at least 50 for the year. king eliagh might also need a head start for the tipping comp.... say 10 points. cause if he tips those eels each round, then it might cost him 26 points. the Eels have actually started recruiting well. apparently they signed up william hopoates future children to long term contracts. bahahahaha. Go the Doggies, this is our fucking year.

Either way your run a well organised tipping comp beaussie. Love it
Bulldogs: new breed , new title!!!!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Thanks for the feedback dogmaniac. Sadly I don't think the tipping comp will be ready in time for Super 15 Rugby. Apologies guys. Aiming for AFL and NRL seasons at this stage.
Aceup1111
Team:
Has thanked: 0

Post by Aceup1111 »

I might be one of those "Token Tippers", as you out it. I played last year, yes. I hadn't seen the sight before this. Personally I don't like writing in forums much. I would rather keep my opinions to myself and my comments on other peoples opinions to myself also. However I did enjoy reading the many different posts last year. I like the footy talk and what people have to say about more so the con traversal issues in footy. You don't have to talk bulls _ _ _ all day long to enjoy a forum. What's the point in making posts if you'd prefer not to? Why can't a person be entertained by the general reading only?

I would have thought the idea of having the tipping comp would be to draw more awareness and more member to this forum.

I don't know too much about who's running the show and I don't really need to know. It looks like Beaussie has a big hand in thing though. So in short, if you's would prefer me to f_ _ _ off and leave your site and your tipping comp all to yourselves, I will be quite happy too. I would say if you would opt for this, then your opinions, comments and general talk about footy really aren't worth reading anyway.

In short, I'm not chasing your prize. The tipping competition component is just a bit of fun that lured me to your site to read your comments, which so far I have enjoyed.

So it's up to you. If the support is overwhelming for me to leave, no problem.

Please leave your comments directly in my mail box so I don't miss a thing.

Regardless, I hope you all enjoy the footy season.

Cheers
vandyk
Rookie
Rookie

Post by vandyk »

gee aceup for someone who doesnt like to say much dont hold back but i do agree with some points as i would also rather read the comments but as you have obviously realized with your post it is a good outlet to vent your feelings.and yes beaussie does have a big hand and cudos to him as we wouldnt have this site without him.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Aceup1111 wrote:
I might be one of those "Token Tippers", as you out it. I played last year, yes. I hadn't seen the sight before this. Personally I don't like writing in forums much. I would rather keep my opinions to myself and my comments on other peoples opinions to myself also. However I did enjoy reading the many different posts last year. I like the footy talk and what people have to say about more so the con traversal issues in footy. You don't have to talk bulls _ _ _ all day long to enjoy a forum. What's the point in making posts if you'd prefer not to? Why can't a person be entertained by the general reading only?

I would have thought the idea of having the tipping comp would be to draw more awareness and more member to this forum.

I don't know too much about who's running the show and I don't really need to know. It looks like Beaussie has a big hand in thing though. So in short, if you's would prefer me to f_ _ _ off and leave your site and your tipping comp all to yourselves, I will be quite happy too. I would say if you would opt for this, then your opinions, comments and general talk about footy really aren't worth reading anyway.

In short, I'm not chasing your prize. The tipping competition component is just a bit of fun that lured me to your site to read your comments, which so far I have enjoyed.

So it's up to you. If the support is overwhelming for me to leave, no problem.

Please leave your comments directly in my mail box so I don't miss a thing.

Regardless, I hope you all enjoy the footy season.

Cheers
Cheers for the feedback. No one is asking you to fuck off. Anyone is free to enter the competition and have some fun. Eligibility for prizes however was made conditional on members posting 10 posts in the past. This was seen as a means of encouraging member participation and discussion. This past practice has merely been opened up for further discussion. Nothing is set as yet.

I do hope you will join in the fun of tipping this season now thats clear. :wink: