International AFL vs International RL

Football development and expansion overseas. Which code is the biggest? Fight it out in here.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Re: International AFL vs International RL

Post by King-Eliagh »

Take those photos off at once TLPG. If you dont I'll be reporting this post.

That man in orange isnt aware of you posting his image on this site and in fact it's possible you could be done for libel!

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

It's me. If you think it's not, how about you contact the website I linked you to? I dare you! I'll be the one replying!
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

I already did and some guy called barnard replied! Enough of the games TLPG!!

:lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

You're lying. Try again, and this time use the contact points on the contact page.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
214Four
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Wests Tigers - Balmain - Western Sydney Wanderers
Been liked: 0

Post by 214Four »

King-Eliagh wrote:
214Four wrote:
TLPG wrote:
Every single person who plays in the International Cup is NOT Australian!
Player Eligibilty for AFL International Cup
Posted by AFLTL on May 29, 2011 at 9:20 PM
PLAYER ELIGIBILTY IC11
8. TEAM COMPOSITION
8.1 Squad
Each Team participating in the event shall provide to the AFL no later than July 25, the “Certification of Eligibility” Form (Appendix (AII)) listing players and providing:-
(a) the playing number allocated to each Player within the squad;
(b) the date of birth, height and weight of each Player;
(c) the local club of each Player;
(d) the names of the Coach and Team Manager;
(e) the names of the Captain and Vice Captain, and
(f) certification that all selected Players meet the eligibility requirements and have signed a participation form.
8.2 Eligibility
(a) A Player is eligible for selection by a League if:
(i) the Player was predominantly resident in the country of the League between 10 and 16 years of age, subject to the qualification in sub-clause 8.2(b); This does not apply for the women’s division for the 2011 International Cup (sub clauses 8.2 (a) & (b) do still apply)
(ii) the Player is a citizen of the country of the League at the time when the Competition is conducted, subject to the qualification in sub-clause 8.2(b); and
(iii) the Player is not under suspension in that Player’s local competition during the period of the Competition.
(iv) The player is included in the squad provided under Regulation 8.1.
(b) The AFL may, on a case by case basis, waive the eligibility requirements contained in sub-clause 8.2(a) and (b) if it is satisfied that a Player is a bona fide resident in the country of the League and his participation would be in the best interests of the Competition. Submissions in this regard must be made by lodging the Player Eligibility form attached as Appendix II before the commencement of the Competition.
8.3 Final Team Selection
(a) Each team shall provide to the Competition Manager a final list of players no later than the commencement time of the Team Managers meeting preceding the event.
(b) A player not listed in the squad provided in accordance with Regulation 8.1 shall be ineligible to participate.

These rules tell otherwise, 8.2(a)(ii) states a player only need to have citizenship of a country to be eligible... Theres alot of austrlians with dual citizenship of their parents homeland....
i admit that looking over those rules its seems the AFL has made more an attempt to put down rules on the eligibility of players for the International CUP but as it shows those rules dont mean much when The AFL can Still override all these if they believe it will benefit the competition.. so in other words the AFL will allow an australian born player to represent another country if they think it will strengthen up the competition which is the opposite of what you said. they used the term 'Bona-fide' because it basically means a vague reference without any real legal backing (said in good will)
TLPG wrote:
That clause has NEVER been activated. I stand by my statement.
I challenge TLPG's claim that the bolded clause has never been activated. Leeeeets take it to the BS files Xman! :D
Hi room, its been ages since i have been in here... anyways im back and its time to get into it,

I came across some information that shows quite afew instances where the AFL have allowed Australian players (both living in australia and expats) to represent another nation at the International Cup, which to my understanding would show evidence that clause 8.2(b) has been 'activated' in the past (and alot more than once too).

http://www.digplanet.com/wiki/Australia ... _in_Europe

taken from the link above here's afew examples of some european national teams with alittle 'Aussie' flavour in them...

Finland - In the article it states that the 'Finland Icebreakers was started by australian expats, with Finish captainces, and now the national team is ALMOST exclusively made up of finns. So the national team (who competed in 2011 International cup) still have some expat aussies.

Spain - 50% of the national team at the 2005 international cup were 'spanish nationals' that lived in melbourne, and the other half from ONE AFL club in madrid (which i would bet my left nut contained at least afew expats). Thats defineatly an example of the AFL using clause 8.2(b) and its multiple ways to get around player eligibility.

Then there's Austria - it has two AFL clubs in the country so the chance that some expat/foreign players will be in Austria's AFL team when they Debut at the International cup in 2014 is high.

It seems like the AFL has made quite afew exceptions to the eligibility rule just with the european 'national teams', without even searching i think i can confidently say that its highly likely i would find alot more...

Most of these european AFL competitions/clubs appear to be more 'backyard league' style than anything else, obviously still in their very eary infancy. Good work though by those aussie expats setting up clubs and competitions from scratch.

"Wearing tight shorts is a bootable offense!"
cos789
Coach
Coach
Team: Wookie is a failed pathetic ugly woman

Post by cos789 »

Another website ruined by wookie features

Last edited by cos789 on Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
piesman2011
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood

Post by piesman2011 »

214Four wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:
214Four wrote:
Player Eligibilty for AFL International Cup
Posted by AFLTL on May 29, 2011 at 9:20 PM
PLAYER ELIGIBILTY IC11
8. TEAM COMPOSITION
8.1 Squad
Each Team participating in the event shall provide to the AFL no later than July 25, the “Certification of Eligibility” Form (Appendix (AII)) listing players and providing:-
(a) the playing number allocated to each Player within the squad;
(b) the date of birth, height and weight of each Player;
(c) the local club of each Player;
(d) the names of the Coach and Team Manager;
(e) the names of the Captain and Vice Captain, and
(f) certification that all selected Players meet the eligibility requirements and have signed a participation form.
8.2 Eligibility
(a) A Player is eligible for selection by a League if:
(i) the Player was predominantly resident in the country of the League between 10 and 16 years of age, subject to the qualification in sub-clause 8.2(b); This does not apply for the women’s division for the 2011 International Cup (sub clauses 8.2 (a) & (b) do still apply)
(ii) the Player is a citizen of the country of the League at the time when the Competition is conducted, subject to the qualification in sub-clause 8.2(b); and
(iii) the Player is not under suspension in that Player’s local competition during the period of the Competition.
(iv) The player is included in the squad provided under Regulation 8.1.
(b) The AFL may, on a case by case basis, waive the eligibility requirements contained in sub-clause 8.2(a) and (b) if it is satisfied that a Player is a bona fide resident in the country of the League and his participation would be in the best interests of the Competition. Submissions in this regard must be made by lodging the Player Eligibility form attached as Appendix II before the commencement of the Competition.
8.3 Final Team Selection
(a) Each team shall provide to the Competition Manager a final list of players no later than the commencement time of the Team Managers meeting preceding the event.
(b) A player not listed in the squad provided in accordance with Regulation 8.1 shall be ineligible to participate.

These rules tell otherwise, 8.2(a)(ii) states a player only need to have citizenship of a country to be eligible... Theres alot of austrlians with dual citizenship of their parents homeland....
i admit that looking over those rules its seems the AFL has made more an attempt to put down rules on the eligibility of players for the International CUP but as it shows those rules dont mean much when The AFL can Still override all these if they believe it will benefit the competition.. so in other words the AFL will allow an australian born player to represent another country if they think it will strengthen up the competition which is the opposite of what you said. they used the term 'Bona-fide' because it basically means a vague reference without any real legal backing (said in good will)
TLPG wrote:
That clause has NEVER been activated. I stand by my statement.
I challenge TLPG's claim that the bolded clause has never been activated. Leeeeets take it to the BS files Xman! :D
Hi room, its been ages since i have been in here... anyways im back and its time to get into it,

I came across some information that shows quite afew instances where the AFL have allowed Australian players (both living in australia and expats) to represent another nation at the International Cup, which to my understanding would show evidence that clause 8.2(b) has been 'activated' in the past (and alot more than once too).

http://www.digplanet.com/wiki/Australia ... _in_Europe

taken from the link above here's afew examples of some european national teams with alittle 'Aussie' flavour in them...

Finland - In the article it states that the 'Finland Icebreakers was started by australian expats, with Finish captainces, and now the national team is ALMOST exclusively made up of finns. So the national team (who competed in 2011 International cup) still have some expat aussies.
They might play for them but it doesn't mean that any of them were allowed to represent Finland in the IC.
214Four wrote:
Spain - 50% of the national team at the 2005 international cup were 'spanish nationals' that lived in melbourne, and the other half from ONE AFL club in madrid (which i would bet my left nut contained at least afew expats). Thats defineatly an example of the AFL using clause 8.2(b) and its multiple ways to get around player eligibility.
I bet you are probabaly wrong on that second one, not that it even matters because it is not proof that expat Aussies played for Spain. Its your gut feeling. You need to list players and show that they have were born and bred in Australia.
214Four wrote:
Then there's Austria - it has two AFL clubs in the country so the chance that some expat/foreign players will be in Austria's AFL team when they Debut at the International cup in 2014 is high.
Your kidding right. This is a future prediction. Lets wait and see if Austria bring a team in 2014 (2 years away) and them make a judgement.
Overall im not saying that you are wrong, but you have shown no proof that this clause has been invoked.
cos789
Coach
Coach
Team: Wookie is a failed pathetic ugly woman

Post by cos789 »

Last edited by cos789 on Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Did you see all this on your site seeing tour :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
214Four
Seniors
Seniors

Post by 214Four »

LoL this was an entertaining thread, for awhile now there hasnt been any comments from the AFL supporters in this forum who seriously believe that the AFL has a bigger international presence than RL, and that AFL is a well reconised sport overseas with more interest than Rugby League haha.. Dont tell me all those AFL Die hard suporters have gone back into their bubbles and just given up on 'prooving' AFL's international superiority hahaha?..
I thought the 'AFL is bigger in PNG than RL' was funny but this international battle thread takes the cake. with not just acouple but ALOT of Aussie Rules fans using getting irate and displaying arrogance whilst posting comments containing participation 'information and facts' straight out 'The AFL Bible, everyone else is lying' book 3rd chapter 'participation figures for the most popular sport worldwide'...
LoL im writing this post to try ruffle some feathers and re-ignight this thread...

LoL here's a little story i have come up with..
I do forgive the forum members for believing this though. because; an audit found that the participation figure (of 13 million) the AFL supporters were posting for PNG was incorrect. An investigation followed and found that the AFL supporters were not trying to mislead the thread on purpose, they had actually copied the figure the 'AFL Bible' had published. At first the AFL rejected the claim its bibles figure for PNG was false, stating its figures are all correct. The AFL promised to look into the matter only after it was shown that its participation figure of 13 million was more than PNG's actual population. The AFL found that the cause was a simple error by one of its new employees who unfortunity cannot read english fluently, she accidently put Singapores participation figure with PNG's. When caught out again with misleading 'facts', The AFL then said that "the same employee has made other errors". Her poor understanding of english was the cause for her including fans, coaches, refs and anyperson she or the AFL had contacted in PNG at work. The AFL are furious that some slack employees are damaging its image and they wil not be tolorated. The AFL will not confirm the where abouts or identity of this rogue employee, if she is still employeed by the AFL, or if she exists...

Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans

Post by Swans4ever »

214Four wrote:
LoL this was an entertaining thread, for awhile now there hasnt been any comments from the AFL supporters in this forum who seriously believe that the AFL has a bigger international presence than RL, and that AFL is a well reconised sport overseas with more interest than Rugby League haha.. Dont tell me all those AFL Die hard suporters have gone back into their bubbles and just given up on 'prooving' AFL's international superiority hahaha?..
I thought the 'AFL is bigger in PNG than RL' was funny but this international battle thread takes the cake. with not just acouple but ALOT of Aussie Rules fans using getting irate and displaying arrogance whilst posting comments containing participation 'information and facts' straight out 'The AFL Bible, everyone else is lying' book 3rd chapter 'participation figures for the most popular sport worldwide'...
LoL im writing this post to try ruffle some feathers and re-ignight this thread...

LoL here's a little story i have come up with..
I do forgive the forum members for believing this though. because; an audit found that the participation figure (of 13 million) the AFL supporters were posting for PNG was incorrect. An investigation followed and found that the AFL supporters were not trying to mislead the thread on purpose, they had actually copied the figure the 'AFL Bible' had published. At first the AFL rejected the claim its bibles figure for PNG was false, stating its figures are all correct. The AFL promised to look into the matter only after it was shown that its participation figure of 13 million was more than PNG's actual population. The AFL found that the cause was a simple error by one of its new employees who unfortunity cannot read english fluently, she accidently put Singapores participation figure with PNG's. When caught out again with misleading 'facts', The AFL then said that "the same employee has made other errors". Her poor understanding of english was the cause for her including fans, coaches, refs and anyperson she or the AFL had contacted in PNG at work. The AFL are furious that some slack employees are damaging its image and they wil not be tolorated. The AFL will not confirm the where abouts or identity of this rogue employee, if she is still employeed by the AFL, or if she exists...
Do you have a link or is it just another lie like most RL fans comments!
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

AFL is well ahead of rugby league! Worldwide, it is 2nd only to soccer!!!

I know everything I need to know because D told me so.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
214Four
Seniors
Seniors

Post by 214Four »

pussycat wrote:
AFL is well ahead of rugby league! Worldwide, it is 2nd only to soccer!!!

I know everything I need to know because D told me so.
Hahaha..

(heres my response to your post pretending to be one of those dirty, lying, no good, cheating, one-eyed obsessed fan from that AFL bubble called Melbourne.)

what do you mean 2nd only to Sockkah?! AFL is easily the most popular! It has the most popular sporting team in the world, everyone knows collingwood, they have the highest turnover, most members worldwide. tell me what soccer team can compare with the pies?! Noone thats who. what soccer ground can compare to the world class MCG? None! The only people who like soccer are the new immigrants that havent seen Aussie rules yet.

Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I am an afl fan but yes, afl I'd confined to this country by and large. A few leagues around Europe but I would say baseball has a bigger presence here than afl overseas . I think it is silly to suggest afl has even a medium impact overseas
Veni, vidi, vici
214Four
Seniors
Seniors

Post by 214Four »

Phelpsy wrote:
I am an afl fan but yes, afl I'd confined to this country by and large. A few leagues around Europe but I would say baseball has a bigger presence here than afl overseas . I think it is silly to suggest afl has even a medium impact overseas
Nice post Phelpsy, honest and unbiased.

Yeh AFL presense overseas is basically at a very amateur level, based around the Aussie expat population in that country. AFL has no professional or semi professional presense outside of OZ. it has a small amateur prescense in NZ, a medium amateur presense in PNG and scattered miniscule amarteur presense in different countries around world (where aussies reside). And thats with no disrespect to Australian rules football.

NRL or Rugby League has a medium level professional and semi professional presense in NZ and the UK. It has a small professional or semi professional presense in France and the USA. A large amateur presense in PNG, Medium amateur presense in the pacific islands. there are also amateur leagues In North America, South Africa and Europe. Like AFL Rugby League has a miniscule amarteur presense in different countries around world (where aussies reside).

Rugby league may be bigger overseas than AFl but it still only has a small presense, Union is alot bigger. but i must say Rugby league is slowly catching up.

The war between Rugby union and Rugby League since the split has played a part (some people say only small others say moreso) in why RL is not as big internationally as union. Union has always been affliated with the private schools or uppoer class while RL has been affliated with public schools or working class. Most people in power (in government) come from wealthy families or go to private schools, and over the years in some countries government have given Rugby Union more help (either by funding or by policies etc). The French government in the 1960s and 1970s are a prime example. they basically allocated no funding to junior rugby league starving the game in france.