Why Can't Lowy Just Accept Reality

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Why Can't Lowy Just Accept Reality

Post by Beaussie »

My god, I thought we had heard the end of this rubbish about Australia hosting the corrupt Soccer World Cup. :roll:

Here's a tip Lowy, get your domestic league to post a profit first before contemplating fantasies like a Soccer World Cup in Australia.
2022 FIFA World Cup reignited, says Frank Lowy
Tom Smithies
The Daily Telegraph
November 29, 201112:00AM

SOCCER overlord Frank Lowy has dropped the broadest hint yet that the 2022 World Cup bid is not over a year after watching Australia get trounced by Qatar for the right to host the event.

Fresh from being elected Football Federation Australia head for another four years, Lowy also predicted a new TV deal "within six months" would make A-League clubs self-sufficient.

But with the acting head of the Asian soccer confederation in Sydney for yesterday's FFA AGM, Lowy's return to the World Cup bid fray is likely to cause surprise across the globe.

"We need to put the domestic game into a good stead and we have the Asian Cup in 2015 - these two will occupy us in the main," he said.

"But if you recall, I said (last December) that this is not the last word. It wasn't the last word and the last word hasn't been heard yet. You can read anything into that.

"Don't ask me to elaborate because I don't have the crystal ball. But I do know of a lot of discussions. All over the world, the media (are covering) the 2022 World Cup, the FIFA executive committee. I don't know exactly where it will bounce but it's not over yet."

Lowy declined to speculate on what the government's Smith Review into soccer's governance would hold for the FFA but he said the organisation - which recorded an $880,000 annual loss - would shortly move out of the red thanks to a new TV deal.

"We expect to break even and have a small surplus over the next two to four years," he said. "But we need the new broadcasting agreement to be covering debt and giving more to the clubs. There's no question there will be a good (TV) agreement when you take into account the viewers and attendances this season."

Admitting he was "embarrassed" by the failure to expand into western Sydney, Lowy insisted there could be a second team in "two to three years".

"We were expecting it to happen but we were let down by the people putting it together," he said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 6208551175
Topper
Coach
Coach
Team: AFL
Been liked: 0

Re: Why Can't Lowy Just Accept Reality

Post by Topper »

A new TV deal won't cover that loss. Who is interested in a league that doesn't even draw as many supporters to games as the NRL, let alone the AFL?
Rugby League has a lying culture. Altering crowd figures, relying on inaccurate TV figures from regional NSW and refusing to distance itself from Leagues Clubs and obtain it's own club memberships as it relies on LC's to survive as private entities.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Actually in fairness, the A-League crowd average is close to the NRL average. Pathetic I know, hilarious all the same though.
Topper
Coach
Coach

Post by Topper »

I thought the A-League average was around 5K. That's less than half the NRL average.
Rugby League has a lying culture. Altering crowd figures, relying on inaccurate TV figures from regional NSW and refusing to distance itself from Leagues Clubs and obtain it's own club memberships as it relies on LC's to survive as private entities.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

Beaussie wrote:
My god, I thought we had heard the end of this rubbish about Australia hosting the corrupt Soccer World Cup. :roll:

Here's a tip Lowy, get your domestic league to post a profit first before contemplating fantasies like a Soccer World Cup in Australia.
2022 FIFA World Cup reignited, says Frank Lowy
Tom Smithies
The Daily Telegraph
November 29, 201112:00AM

SOCCER overlord Frank Lowy has dropped the broadest hint yet that the 2022 World Cup bid is not over a year after watching Australia get trounced by Qatar for the right to host the event.

Fresh from being elected Football Federation Australia head for another four years, Lowy also predicted a new TV deal "within six months" would make A-League clubs self-sufficient.

But with the acting head of the Asian soccer confederation in Sydney for yesterday's FFA AGM, Lowy's return to the World Cup bid fray is likely to cause surprise across the globe.

"We need to put the domestic game into a good stead and we have the Asian Cup in 2015 - these two will occupy us in the main," he said.

"But if you recall, I said (last December) that this is not the last word. It wasn't the last word and the last word hasn't been heard yet. You can read anything into that.

"Don't ask me to elaborate because I don't have the crystal ball. But I do know of a lot of discussions. All over the world, the media (are covering) the 2022 World Cup, the FIFA executive committee. I don't know exactly where it will bounce but it's not over yet."

Lowy declined to speculate on what the government's Smith Review into soccer's governance would hold for the FFA but he said the organisation - which recorded an $880,000 annual loss - would shortly move out of the red thanks to a new TV deal.

"We expect to break even and have a small surplus over the next two to four years," he said. "But we need the new broadcasting agreement to be covering debt and giving more to the clubs. There's no question there will be a good (TV) agreement when you take into account the viewers and attendances this season."

Admitting he was "embarrassed" by the failure to expand into western Sydney, Lowy insisted there could be a second team in "two to three years".

"We were expecting it to happen but we were let down by the people putting it together," he said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 6208551175

the NRL would fully support soccers attempts at hosting the World cup
lots of wonderful " rectangular " stadia for proper sports to enjoy

then with rugby the 3 " rectangular " sports can combine their efforts to see off the one that is played on Cricket ovals ( but isn't cricket :/; )

shouldn't be too hard
its just a few suburbs in Melbourne we'd have to overcome ... & its done :wink:
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Topper
Coach
Coach

Post by Topper »

We lost the World Cup because we don't have the local support and we do not have the venues either. Only two stadiums are not used by the AFL that would be ready now. SFS and Suncorp. The other NRL venues would need massive upgrades to triple their capacities.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Topper wrote:
We lost the World Cup because we don't have the local support and we do not have the venues either. Only two stadiums are not used by the AFL that would be ready now. SFS and Suncorp. The other NRL venues would need massive upgrades to triple their capacities.
so we'd need to Triple Dairy Farmers in Townsville's capacity by 3 eh .... to 80K 8-[
Ausgrid in Newcastle would go to ........ 99K :shock:

Skilled Park on the Gold Coast to .... 82K :-k
Canberra Stadium to ... 80K :?

gee a bit of overkill there I think
the Stadiums were all sorted .... we had them , a combo of upgrades & new Stadiums were to be built

although not to the ridiculous lengths suggested by you :wink:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

We would have got new stadiums and upgrades too. Problem is FIFA doesn't think Australia is worthy. From that I wish that old fuck Lowy would just accept the result and stop trying to suck more taxpayer dollars out of the governement for his already failed/stupid World Cup bid.
Topper
Coach
Coach

Post by Topper »

Have you ever seen the attendances at World Cup matches, Raiderdave? Each stadium would need to hold at least 80K. So my assertion is correct.
AFL Warrior
Captain
Captain
Team: Collingwood
Has thanked: 0

Post by AFL Warrior »

We at the AFL will never allow that Wogball game into our stadiums!
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Topper wrote:
Have you ever seen the attendances at World Cup matches, Raiderdave? Each stadium would need to hold at least 80K. So my assertion is correct.
captain wrong strikes again :lol: :lol:

most at the recent one in Sth Africa were between 45K n 60K
with one seating 90K

the FIFA requirement is 40K minimum capacity all seated
if a Stadium didn't hold that many here in Aus , thats what most of the stadia to be upgraded or built from scratch were going to be

learn something about a subject before you post
you end up looking like a bigger tosser then you already do :lol: :lol:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Topper
Coach
Coach

Post by Topper »

Minimum requirement, yes. But not the preferred requirement which is partly why we failed to gain the hosting responsibilities. Learn something before you post in future.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Topper wrote:
Minimum requirement, yes. But not the preferred requirement which is partly why we failed to gain the hosting responsibilities. Learn something before you post in future.
FIFA didn't mind Sth Africa having most of their stadiums at around the 45K mark
Qatar's are nearly all this size too

so no
its not a preference at all ......

captain wrong strikes again :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Topper
Coach
Coach

Post by Topper »

Proves nothing. Population base is relevant. Australia's population is higher than both South Africa and Qatar.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Topper wrote:
Proves nothing. Population base is relevant. Australia's population is higher than both South Africa and Qatar.
:-k

Australias population is about 23 Million
South Africas .... about 45 Million 8-[

seriously how do you do it , you are the wrongest person I have ever encountered =D> =D> =D>
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million