Mundine v Green @ Telstra Stadium, Sydney

Whether it be cricket, golf, basketball, tennis, boxing or any other sport - this is the place for you.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Mundine v Green @ Telstra Stadium, Sydney

Post by Beaussie »

Finally the negotiations are reportedly progressing:

SMH wrote:
Green, Mundine reportedly negotiating
February 16, 2005
http://smh.com.au/news/Breaking-News/Gr ... 60057.html

Danny Green and Anthony Mundine have reportedly begun negotiations to clash for a $5-million purse at Sydney's Telstra Stadium.

Leading promoter Tony Caradonna has met with both camps and both fighters have been offered $2,5 million each for the megafight, the Daily Telegraph reported.

Green's manager Jeff Fenech said he was happy to offer Mundine first challenge if Green won the WBC title fight against Germany's Markus Beyer on March 13.

Speaking from Los Angeles, Fenech told the Telegraph he was excited Caradonna was making headway with the Mundine camp.

Fenech added he and Green were more than happy to give Mundine a 50 per cent of the gate to challenge for Green's crown even though a challenger normally received not more than 25 per cent of the total purse.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Just heard on Channel 7's sport report that the Mundine camp is denying any talk of a super fight with Green at Telstra Stadium.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Bloody hell what the fukk is going on with these two!! I for one am sick of the bitching between two camps and just want mundine to get his act together and smack that bitch around the head for 10 rounds before clocking him flush on the jaw for a KO.

I saw the news this morning that said it was going to be on? Now mundines camp says no? Anyway keep us all tuned on this bitchfight beaussie, I for one will be very keen, if its possible, to jump on a plane just for the fight....and some beers.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Yeah I'm with you KE, I just want to see this fight asap. Telstra Stadium as the venue would be awesome. You'd have to say they'd sell it out.

I too would love to see Choc smash the fuck out of that fuckhead tosser Green.
crocodileman
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by crocodileman »

He'll murder that over rated bum Green! He's slow - Mundine will clock him 10 or so punches before the fukker knows what hits him!

Personally, I don't blame Mundine for a lack of interest - he knows that the longer he holds out the more public interest there will be in such a fight!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

One thing is certain, it's Mundine who'll bring in the crowds and public interest, not to mention the big $$$$.