Farce that is the NRL Finals

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Farce that is the NRL Finals

Post by Beaussie »

Gees, I thought finals was about the best teams fighting it out for a chance to win the premiership. In the NRL as we've seen this weekend, it's a farce with blowouts in every game and team clearly just making up the numbers. Not one game has been a competitive match. What a joke.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

The Tigers Stgeorge match was a ripper, even though the tigers won it well in the second half. Definitely in the top ten games I've seen all season.

Cant say much for the other two though.

But Beaussie your post is obviously so bitter, I can smell the sour grapes. The AFL's whole season was a blowout and you're reaching for anything you can find to forget that fact arent you! Beaussie be honest now :wink:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra
Been liked: 0

Re: Farce that is the NRL Finals

Post by Raiderdave »

Beaussie wrote:
Gees, I thought finals was about the best teams fighting it out for a chance to win the premiership. In the NRL as we've seen this weekend, it's a farce with blowouts in every game and team clearly just making up the numbers. Not one game has been a competitive match. What a joke.
well the Tigers only beat the Dragons by 9 :?
& if you want a blowout
carlington or what eva they are called .. on their way to a 100 pt win over
some other famous melbourne suburb.... essenington or someone ?? :? ATM

the Joke that is the AFL Finals :wink:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Another blowout in todays NRL final. What a farce of a system. Just admit you've got it wrong and copy the AFL's finals system like you do everything else.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Beaussie wrote:
Another blowout in todays NRL final. What a farce of a system. Just admit you've got it wrong and copy the AFL's finals system like you do everything else.
Another blowout

:?

10 points ..... 1st beating 8th

that game in the AFL would have had a margin of 110 points
an episode of the Benny Hill show is the AFL :wink:
enarelle
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by enarelle »

I think the vitriol that comes from many of the AFL supporters on these sites reflects the emotional response from a group of people whose view of the world has been severely challenged.

The all conquering AFL has competition that in one key area has already surpassed it ie TV ratings. The Repucom report showed that the NRL had 8m more viewers last year than the AFL and that was with two AFL grand finals. This year the gap is predicted to be 16m+. The AFL response to run and hide behind the dollars of their TV deal as though in some way that reduces the growing number of people who watch NRL.

Now the claim of superiority is that the NRL copies everything the AFL does. Well smart organizations copy smart ideas perhaps that is why the AFL copied the NRL judiciary system exactly. Then the AFL fan will claim that the NRL copied their Commission model. Reality is that NRL copied the American model just like the AFL did.

Perhaps the NRL copied the use of video replays or a free market system or even paying players for their services. The list is endless.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Your sport is only broadcast before midnight in two states of Australia. Get some perspective stupid. #-o
enarelle
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by enarelle »

"Get some perspective stupid"

Did I mention vitriol from some AFL supporters. What was i thinking.

So the NRL only gets shown before midnight in two states. Yes that would be correct although perhaps one should add most of the time given SOO,Tests and some Melbourne games now go at least live into Melbourne.

So despite not getting full national coverage in prime time as AFL does, the NRL still manages to generate a greater aggregate TV audience.

I do believe this is what the business people refer to as "the upside".

Of course the upside is not as great as it appears as the AFL has found with NSW/QLD contributing less than 10% of their audience. So they can claim full national coverage but 55% of the population does not provide much.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

enarelle wrote:
"Get some perspective stupid"

Did I mention vitriol from some AFL supporters. What was i thinking.

So the NRL only gets shown before midnight in two states. Yes that would be correct although perhaps one should add most of the time given SOO,Tests and some Melbourne games now go at least live into Melbourne.

So despite not getting full national coverage in prime time as AFL does, the NRL still manages to generate a greater aggregate TV audience.

I do believe this is what the business people refer to as "the upside".

Of course the upside is not as great as it appears as the AFL has found with NSW/QLD contributing less than 10% of their audience. So they can claim full national coverage but 55% of the population does not provide much.
yes indeed ... our little boggerball fans are certainly very snappy these days ... very cranky
lots of folding of arms ... stamping of feet .. & general hissy fits with the realisation that in fact their sport is well behind RL for popularity on TV & falling further behind :cry:
so much so .. that Kleenex shares have gone through the roof :wink:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Hahaha, we have a Australian record $1,253 Billion dollar broadcasting deal. You have a deal currently worth $500 million. Perspective please.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Beaussie wrote:
Hahaha, we have a Australian record $1,253 Billion dollar broadcasting deal. You have a deal currently worth $500 million. Perspective please.
soon to be a past record
there there :wink:
Dogs
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by Dogs »

Beaussie wrote:
Is this the only comeback you have. A good one I'll admit, but getting old. I have seen you put it a fair bit lately when you are loosing the battle. The trouble with your 1,253 is you have nearly half your competition drawing heavily from it and there is also two new clubs that are going to be draining it dry for the next 10 or so years.
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:
Has thanked: 0

Post by Grim Reaper »

DOG makes as much sense as a piece of dried up DOG crap that dries up and blows away in the wind.
Dogs
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by Dogs »

Grim Reaper wrote:
DOG makes as much sense as a piece of dried up DOG crap that dries up and blows away in the wind.
Leeett meeee saaaaaaay iiiit slooower foorr yoouu.

You can have all the money in the world, but you have massive overheads at the moment. Namely half your comp is relying on the AFL to keep them afloat
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:
Has thanked: 0

Post by Grim Reaper »

And you are privy to ALL the financial records of the AFL clubs DOG? #-o