Which AFL Team Do You Support?

Australian Football news and discussion.

Adelaide
10%
Brisbane
5%
Carlton
5%
Collingwood
11%
Essendon
13%
Fremantle
2%
Geelong
3%
Hawthorn
11%
Kangaroos
5%
Melbourne
No votes
Port Adelaide
8%
Richmond
7%
St Kilda
2%
Sydney
11%
West Coast
2%
Western Bulldogs
5%

Total votes: 61

Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Just curious to see which AFL teams has the most support here at Talking Footy. Vote away and lets see.
Last edited by Beaussie on Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
crocodileman
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by crocodileman »

There really is only 1 team.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

The swannies are a great side to follow but im still waiting for a team from my birthplace in darwin. Might be waiting a while but it has to happen if this sport can truly consider it a national sport.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

There's an AFL Wizard Cup match scheduled for up there next week KE. Whilst I'd love to see a Darwin team in the AFL, the corporate support and an AFL standard venue are lacking.
Bridget Jones
Team:

Post by Bridget Jones »

Go the Swannies!!!! Cheer, Cheer the Red & the White!!!!

and Good Luck tomorrow!!! :D

... ah! New Year's Resolution: drink less... and quit smoking... and quit talking nonsense to total strangers... hehe... ahh...
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Beaussie wrote:
There's an AFL Wizard Cup match scheduled for up there next week KE. Whilst I'd love to see a Darwin team in the AFL, the corporate support and an AFL standard venue are lacking.
Mate as much as I agree with you on this simple point the AFL is not doing enough.... as i've proved tonight in my other posts!!! The N.T. is a breeding ground of pure talent in this beautiful sport and i sincerely hope it gets fuucking recognised soon! (ie a team and stadium recognised in the AFL). I dont care about whether its "ECONOMICALLY VIABLE!", its about the game, and its about proving the game is 'truly' 'australian'.

You can talk all you want in nsw with your Sydney team but i would like to pose this question for you... and answer it honestly.......could an all born and bred nsw teamBEAT an all born and bred Northern Territory team?

I've seen both states and have my answer "locked in" as Eddie Simpleton McGuire would say. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

xman wrote:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Beaussie wrote:
Mate as much as I agree with you on this simple point the AFL is not doing enough.... as i've proved tonight in my other posts!!!
What would you suggest the AFL do? Move 500,000 people from around Australia to NT to make a team in Darwin viable. :roll:
King-Eliagh wrote:
The N.T. is a breeding ground of pure talent in this beautiful sport and i sincerely hope it gets fuucking recognised soon! (ie a team and stadium recognised in the AFL). I dont care about whether its "ECONOMICALLY VIABLE!", its about the game, and its about proving the game is 'truly' 'australian'.
Thank god you're not running AFL HQ. The whole league would be broke with the ideas you put forward. Oh and the game already is truly Australian. As rugby league supporters are always pointing out, where else in the world is our great game played on the scale it is here?
King-Eliagh wrote:
You can talk all you want in nsw with your Sydney team but i would like to pose this question for you... and answer it honestly.......could an all born and bred nsw teamBEAT an all born and bred Northern Territory team?

I've seen both states and have my answer "locked in" as Eddie Simpleton McGuire would say. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think they could. As you can see with my link, NSW has beaten WA, QLD and even VIC in SoO.

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=stateo ... pg=display

What makes you so certain the NT could beat NSW?
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

There is enough people and interest to get 25000 per game i reckon. No need to move half a million up there. Just some support which i thought you in particular would understand seeing you follow the swans. :wink:

Now lets have a look at your SOO link. As you know SOO is not taken seriously at all in afl and it is a complete shambles compared to rugby league. The players dont give two shiits about the game and never really have. So dont the supporters. I think NT would win by a long way in a legitimate matchup of the two states...a looong way.

The AFL only moved a team to sydney because of simple economics!!! Its fair enough pro sport needs to make money but if it means losing tradition and selling out I find it very sad indeed. Beaussie wake up and smell the pumpkins!

xman wrote:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

You just don't get it do you KE. 25,000 (even if it could be sustained in Darwin year after year) will not cut it in the big league. The AFL crowd average is 34,000.

Why do you think there is so much pressure on the Kangaroos and Western Bulldogs amongst other Victorian teams to relocate?

As for your theory about the NT v NSW, tell me, when was the last time NT defeated VIC? Your only claim to fame is beating TAS. :lol:

Moving on to the rest of your dribble, well, fuck that - you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.
MG

Post by MG »

i have to choose the lions coz my partner would kill me if i didnt but i have a soft spot for north melbourne coz i know what i used to get up to at parties made the stevens/carey affair seem tame. :oops:
Barry Bollocks esq

Post by Barry Bollocks esq »

My legal colleagues in Melbourne have made a lot of money from the St Kilda Football Club over the last 12 months defending several players surrounding gang rape allegations.

I have a lot of time for a football club who keeps the legal fraternity well fed and paid.

Congratulations St Kilda - keep up the good work.

Barry Bollocks esq
In Chambers
Rugga cactus slapper
Team:

Post by Rugga cactus slapper »

Wheres the vote for none?

The game is crap and you know it beaussie, maybe i'll go for a western Sydney team when they get 1 :lol: :lol:

8,000 crowd for a Sydney wizard cup game :lol: :lol: :lol:

While Souths who are crap get nearly 25,000 in the pissing down rain and lightning against ST george.

Gay fl is irrevelant in Sydney.

Tight shorts, pink helicopters and a name like the swans, haha no wonder they get laughed at all the time.

Tell me BA, whats the biggest crowd ever at the SCG?

Notice that when the Swans started playing there they had to make the capacity smaller?

The game has 1 thing going for it though...........it aint fucking union.
I love a hard prickly cactus, smack me baby, you piss in my sock and i'll piss in yours.
Rugby Union is full of FREAKS.

The game is crap.

RUGBY LEAGUE IS THE GREATEST GAME

TGG
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Rugga cactus slapper wrote:

The game is crap and you know it beaussie, maybe i'll go for a western Sydney team when they get 1 :lol: :lol:

Meanwhile, less than 3,000 for a rugby league trial match in Sydney on the weekend. Where are all the Tigers and Sea Eagles supporters. :roll:
While Souths who are crap get nearly 25,000 in the pissing down rain and lightning against ST george.
Yeah and where are they when the season is in full swing? Oh and whatever happened to the sellout crowds for the Charity Shield?

Tight shorts, pink helicopters and a name like the swans, haha no wonder they get laughed at all the time.

Notice that when the Swans started playing there they had to make the capacity smaller?

The game has 1 thing going for it though...........it aint f****** union.
46,000 odd for the biggest crowd at the SCG. A crowd that day in excess of the grounds capacity. Tell me when was the last time an NRL match got more than the Swans 72,000 odd in Sydney? And don't give me those irrelevant NRL double header figures. That one Swans game drew more fans than an entire round of NRL in Sydney that weekend. :damnfunny:

BTW, love your signature mate.
Rugga cactus slapper
Team:

Post by Rugga cactus slapper »

Beaussie wrote:

Meanwhile, less than 3,000 for a rugby league trial match in Sydney on the weekend. Where are all the Tigers and Sea Eagles supporters. :roll:
Yeah and where are they when the season is in full swing? Oh and whatever happened to the sellout crowds for the Charity Shield?

The game has 1 thing going for it though...........it aint f****** union.
46,000 odd for the biggest crowd at the SCG. A crowd that day in excess of the grounds capacity. Tell me when was the last time an NRL match got more than the Swans 72,000 odd in Sydney? And don't give me those irrelevant NRL double header figures. That one Swans game drew more fans than an entire round of NRL in Sydney that weekend. :damnfunny:

BTW, love your signature mate.

When was the last time an NRL game got more than 72,000...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i think that would be october last year, 82,500.

Don't worry, my sig will change very shortly :wink:
I love a hard prickly cactus, smack me baby, you piss in my sock and i'll piss in yours.
Rugby Union is full of FREAKS.

The game is crap.

RUGBY LEAGUE IS THE GREATEST GAME

TGG
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

When was the last time an NRL game got more than 72,000...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i think that would be october last year, 82,500.

Don't worry, my sig will change very shortly :wink:
I was talking H&A season not Grand Finals.

What's that NRL record average H&A crowd again, 14,000 odd thousand is it? :lol: