Talking Footys Ratings

For all the latest forum/site updates, suggestions and news.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra
Been liked: 0

Talking Footys Ratings

Post by Raiderdave »

this site has supplied incorrect information about metro ratings for the NRL from rnd 24

wrongly having the Souths V Cowboys as the live game in Brisbane

beaussie what part of
the Storm V Dragons game from AAMI park was shown live in all of NSW

And ... QLD .. didn't you understand ?
this from Townsville .. the home of the Cowboys

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/ar ... wboys.html
THE North Queensland Cowboys are incensed by Channel Nine's "mind-boggling" decision to snub the region's NRL fans.

The code's free-to-air broadcaster has revealed it will delay broadcasting the Cowboys' crucial clash with the South Sydney Rabbitohs on Friday night in favour of showing the Melbourne-St George Illawarra clash live in Queensland and New South Wales.It is a slap in the face for the North's rugby league-loving public.

It also flies in the face of an unofficial mandate that any Friday night game involving a Queensland-based team be broadcast first in this state, which, up until this week and round 24, has been the case.

However, the Cowboys haven't taken the news lying down. They have begun working with Channel Nine's regional affiliate WIN in an effort to at least have the game shown first in North Queensland.

According to Cowboys CEO Peter Jourdain, WIN had not even been told of the decision yesterday.

"They had not been informed by Channel Nine as of Friday night ... but we had already discussed with (WIN station manager Marco Della Valle) that even if they make that decision that his programming people are going to do their best to get our game live into North Queensland on WIN," he said.

"No matter what order Channel Nine decide to put on the games, they will try and get our game live into North Queensland."

Asked if the decision was a slap in the face to North Queenslanders, Jourdain said: "I believe so, I think it is".

There is little question the move by Nine is unusual, at the very least.

The game can secure the Cowboys a top-four berth, while the Rabbitohs arguably rank with the Melbourne Storm as the NRL's form team as they charge for a top-eight finish after a blistering past three weeks.

St George Illawarra, meanwhile, are riding a four-game losing streak and have won just two of their past 10 matches.

"If you watched the Dragons (yesterday), Melbourne could beat the Dragons 50-nil down there," Jourdain said.

"Surely our game is more attractive now."

Making the decision more puzzling, North Queensland are one of the strongest-rating teams in 2011 and have been involved in four of the top-10 rating NRL games on Fox Sports and clearly hold the top spot.

Their clash against Parramatta in round four was the fourth most-watched sports event in Fox Sports history.

fix up this amateurish error beaussie & post the correct numbers for the correct games
838K for the game from Melbourne ( smashing the AFL all over the park )
455K for the delayed game from Sydney

misleading the public is just not on
[-X :wink:
cooee
Seniors
Seniors
Team: All Brisbane based teams except the Lions

Post by cooee »

Of course they are. Beaussie doesn't want to paint rugby league in a good light, especially against his beloved AFL.

If you want an unbiased view go to TV Tonight.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

cooee wrote:
Of course they are. Beaussie doesn't want to paint rugby league in a good light, especially against his beloved AFL.

If you want an unbiased view go to TV Tonight.
its one thing to dismiss our claims in a thread on a blog forum

its entirely another to not research the facts & then include inaccurate information in a site that deals in TV ratings

in essence

putting anything that suits you up as " official " ratings
yep
I'll put ratings up in this site ... don't know.. or actually care .. if they're right or not

:shock: 8-[

tell me beaussie

how many other ratings mistakes are in this site ?
just this one ?

a few more :-k

or a lot more :?>

a pretty unprofessional attitiude really :roll:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Honest one off oversight that has since been corrected.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol:

Ah hahaaha I've heard this one before beaussie. Members please not beaussie held the nicname "the man who cried wolf" for a long time on this site. I wouldnt be surprised if all those figures are dodgy. Beaussie [-X

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Oh give it a rest. It was a one off honest mistake. Nothing deliberate about it and now corrected. I challenge anyone to go through the ratings presented on this site and point out errors. There are none as they are sourced directly from the official sources such as TV Tonight.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Beaussie wrote:
Oh give it a rest. It was a one off honest mistake. Nothing deliberate about it and now corrected. I challenge anyone to go through the ratings presented on this site and point out errors. There are none as they are sourced directly from the official sources such as TV Tonight.

was this just another honest mistake?

Beaussie wrote:
The Tribal Mind: The TV shows Australia loved

FFS, how ******* stupid are you? ACNielsen compiles regional ratings and was included in the count listed and linked too previously. My god. ](*,)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

also, the 2010 Grand final(& possibly the final series as well) were telecast on Ch9 digital channel Gem. Why wern't they counted? I notice the digital channels covering AFL are counted.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

That's news to me. Care to provide links to the ratings?
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

I imagine alot of things are news to you, so which one of these are you refering to?
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Raider says the 2010 NRL Grand Final and possibly the finals series were broadcast on GEM? I asked him to provide a link to the ratings if that is indeed the case as I couldn't at the time and still can't find any ratings for such broadcasts. Wouldn't be surprised if Raider is just making things up again. As you would have no doubt noticed, he does that alot around these parts. :roll:
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Beaussie wrote:
Raider says the 2010 NRL Grand Final and possibly the finals series were broadcast on GEM? I asked him to provide a link to the ratings if that is indeed the case as I couldn't at the time and still can't find any ratings for such broadcasts. Wouldn't be surprised if Raider is just making things up again. As you would have no doubt noticed, he does that alot around these parts. :roll:
ahhh.... 8-[

Did I :?> ...................... you wanna that check again beaussie :?
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol: Beaussie, I feel for you there mate. You're copping a walloping all on your own now. TLPG has left you high and dry because he couldnt handle being called a peanut. What sort of ilk do your afl fans come from?! Truthslayer was TLPG but he highlighted TLPG's other issues, i.e. extreme ignorance and arrogance. This was exposed so he took off. Onions was a circus freakshow, they're only ever in town for a few weeks. And well Grim is fairly solid but he can't be bothered with supporting deception and lies.

I think it's best if you just stick to the truth now beaussie and not try and pull the wool over the bright leaguies eyes anymore. :)

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?