Are AFL supporters more prone to hooliganism?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Are AFL supporters more prone to hooliganism?

Post by King-Eliagh »

I know a lot of you are already aware of my thoughts and worries about the bogan nature of AFL fans but after doing a brief search online I'm concerned these bogans are actually more like your typical soccer hooligans...

I think we need to discuss this as I dont think there is any culture of fan vs fan violence in the NRL crowds. The canterbury supporters brief series of disgraceful acts some years back was not about fan vs fan and in any case they were cleaned up by swift action from the NRL.

On the other side of the fence, the behaviour in this clip seems to be common place. Just do a youtube search and you'll find plenty. There's a real culture of hatred between fan bases which isnt there in RL. Fine for crowds to be passionate but violently so is an issue. I really think the AFL needs to take some serious action or we could see something similar here to the disgraceful hooliganism so prevalent in Europe.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Onions
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Onions »

There are fights in NRL crowds every game! They just don't fucking show it because they hide it!
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by MarkZZZ »

Onions wrote:
There are fights in NRL crowds every game! They just don't ******* show it because they hide it!
onion you must be the most ignorant person on this site. You can't be bothered to go looking to get the proof so you say they hide it.

How do they manage to hide it? Nearly everybody out there has a mobile phone that takes video. Nearly everyone knows how to upload a video onto youtube.

Maybe you have been living under a rock and are not aware that the mobile phone sitting right there beside you is capable of doing this. Read the manual and you will find that even you will be able to perform this simple function that 10 year olds are doing on a daily basis
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Re: Are AFL supporters more prone to hooliganism?

Post by Raiderdave »

King-Eliagh wrote:

I know a lot of you are already aware of my thoughts and worries about the bogan nature of AFL fans but after doing a brief search online I'm concerned these bogans are actually more like your typical soccer hooligans...

I think we need to discuss this as I dont think there is any culture of fan vs fan violence in the NRL crowds. The canterbury supporters brief series of disgraceful acts some years back was not about fan vs fan and in any case they were cleaned up by swift action from the NRL.

On the other side of the fence, the behaviour in this clip seems to be common place. Just do a youtube search and you'll find plenty. There's a real culture of hatred between fan bases which isnt there in RL. Fine for crowds to be passionate but violently so is an issue. I really think the AFL needs to take some serious action or we could see something similar here to the disgraceful hooliganism so prevalent in Europe.
Yes E.. another disgraceful episode in the bogan AFL
wot is wrong with them ?
the NRL's fans are loud & passionate ... but no longer feel the need to hit their opposing fans ... & aren't mentaly deranged so thy don't hit their own fans either :?
I would never take my kids to this dangerous & volitile enviroment
AFL .. is the new soccer when it comes to crowd behaviour [-X
another sport with an expiry date stamped on it for sure :wink:
Onions

Post by Onions »

MarkZZZ wrote:
Onions wrote:
There are fights in NRL crowds every game! They just don't ******* show it because they hide it!
onion you must be the most ignorant person on this site. You can't be bothered to go looking to get the proof so you say they hide it.

How do they manage to hide it? Nearly everybody out there has a mobile phone that takes video. Nearly everyone knows how to upload a video onto youtube.

Maybe you have been living under a rock and are not aware that the mobile phone sitting right there beside you is capable of doing this. Read the manual and you will find that even you will be able to perform this simple function that 10 year olds are doing on a daily basis
NRL crowds have security because of those fucking bulldogs, and they confiscate mobiles when it fucking happens! AFL security doesn't do that because in Victoria at least that's fucking illegal!
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by MarkZZZ »

AFL Warrior I see a trend to your posts its seem you take every advantage to deride our "Native" Australians. I recall a post about petrol (infering sniffing) now violence. Do you have a problem with them?
AFL Warrior
Captain
Captain
Team: Collingwood

Post by AFL Warrior »

No, I have Native friends :)
Onions

Post by Onions »

And he wasn't fucking deriding anyone but you fuck wits!
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

Onions wrote:
MarkZZZ wrote:
Onions wrote:

NRL crowds have security because of those ******* bulldogs, and they confiscate mobiles when it ******* happens! AFL security doesn't do that because in Victoria at least that's ******* illegal!
yes 8-[ :-k :?> :?> :?> ummmmmmm sure :? :roll:
AFL Warrior
Captain
Captain
Team: Collingwood

Post by AFL Warrior »

How is saying Native racist? #-o
Onions

Post by Onions »

Raiderdave wrote:
Onions wrote:
MarkZZZ wrote:

NRL crowds have security because of those ******* bulldogs, and they confiscate mobiles when it ******* happens! AFL security doesn't do that because in Victoria at least that's ******* illegal!
yes 8-[ :-k :?> :?> :?> ummmmmmm sure :? :roll:
Nothing to say? Fuck you then! And "native" is not fucking racist!
Truthsayer

Post by Truthsayer »

Gentlemen, the AFL have a strong record for reacting to this sort of behaviour. Anyone who engages in it at an AFL game is ejected from the venue by the police and any fighting of the ejection attracts criminal charges. My understanding of the NRL is that they employ security guards, who are far more violent in their own right in ejecting people. I would suggest that this may be a contributing factor to the NRL's low crowd numbers in Sydney and it may also contribute to the NRL's higher admittance fees because they have to pay these men. They don't have to pay the police. A very poor financial decision by the NRL which should be nipped in the bud.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Truthsayer I think your suggestion is as clear as pigs vommit. I mean really, security guards contributing to the low crowds by raising the admission fees!

Just how much do you think these guards are charging? Some simple mathematics should help us with this. Lets say they employ 100 security guards (it would probably be half as many) at a fairly generous price of $200 each for two hours work. That'd be $20,000. Average NRL crowd = 17,000. You can work out how much extra that would be, and then half it because that would be more likely the actual cost.

Let me repeat. Pig's Vommit! :pig:

xman wrote:
Truthsayer

Post by Truthsayer »

There is no need to be vile, Mr Eliagh. If you truly believe the number is 100 then you are sadly mistaken. Further, it would be $100 a hour but it would be for longer than two hours because there is more than one game at the venue for the most part. Such expenditure has to have an effect on admission prices, even if it's just a few dollars.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Sadly mistaken eh. You sound so sure. Do you work as a security guard for the NRL and know the amount employed and their wages? Or are you still "suggesting". I reckon 100 security guards absolute max.

And allow me to conclude on your last post, which is somewhat less clear than your earlier one. I want you to close your eyes and picture it after you read.

Pigs vommit mixed in a blender with a cup of milk and a pint of green phlegm.

:pig: :puke:

Yes that's right, I'm suggesting you sir are the vile mannered beast :wink:

xman wrote: