Welcome , the Mighty Brisbane Bombers

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

Raiderdave wrote:
again
another post from the most informative poster on this site with nothing slanderous .. or anythig like that in it
which TGLP removes

what was wrong with this one
made you out to be a bit of a doofus eh ? :wink:
Slander against the Gold Coast Suns. Informative my rear end.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

TLPG wrote:
I have also researched the idea of trademarking and I am well aware of it's effects. Gold Coast had to use the Suns because the Sharks and the Dolphins have been trademarked. I'll follow that up if others try to press it so I can prove my point.
I for one would be interested in hearing more about this. I'm sure I read the Gold Coast Football Club went with the Suns over the Sharks or Dolphins becuase of trademark issues. Brisbane Bombers will no doubt face the same issues. I hope this issue does go to court. Will send the consortium and NRL broke before the team even plays a game. Bring it on. :<>
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

Post removed from Raider for the extreme personal attack on yours truly (and a second upon editing).

When I have time, Beau, I'll look into that in more detail.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

Here we go. Read it and weep, sceptics!

"Sharks" is blocked because Southport has trademarked "Gold Coast Southport Sharks" and Gold Coast Sharks would have been too close. Sharks by itself is not trademarked.

"Dolphins" is trademarked by Swimming Australia for a merchandise line.

So those two could not be used by the Gold Coast FC.

"Bombers" is trademarked by the AFL, so the NRL can't use it in any way shape or form.

Check it out for yourselves;
http://pericles.ipaustralia.gov.au/atmo ... tion_start
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra
Been liked: 0

Post by Raiderdave »

TLPG wrote:

"Sharks" is blocked because Southport has trademarked "Gold Coast Southport Sharks" and Gold Coast Sharks would have been too close. Sharks by itself is not trademarked.

"Bombers" is trademarked by the AFL, so the NRL can't use it in any way shape or form.

And yet the Townsville Suns NBL had their name trade marked .. yet the AFL were allowed to use it .. weren't they
as their was no case for deception .. same as this case

again
the 2nd NRL team in brisvegas will be called the Brisbane Bombers
tissues anyone :wink:
cooee
Seniors
Seniors
Team: All Brisbane based teams except the Lions

Post by cooee »

TLPG wrote:

I suggest you read the fine print of both trademarks.

"Bombers" - Class: 41 Entertainment, amusement and recreation; cultural activities; sporting activities, sport competitions, sport matches, sport games, sport exhibitions, sport events, hosting sport award functions, sport information, education, sport education, physical education, coaching, sport coaching, physical coaching, training, sport training, physical training; publication of books, magazines, pamphlets and printed matter (other than publicity texts); library services, video library facilities and video storage facilities; museum services; radio and television entertainment; film, video, radio and television production; hire of film, video and sound recordings; gaming, provision of gaming machines and provision of gaming facilities; operating lotteries; football competitions, football matches, football games, football exhibitions, football events, football telecast entertainment, football broadcast entertainment, football education, football information, football awards, football coaching, arranging football clinics, conducting football clinics; production of football videos and films; football mascot performances, football cheer leader performances and dance team performances, all of the foregoing services promoting or marketing or otherwise relating to or associated with or indicating a connection with the game or sport of Australian Football

"Brisbane Bombers" - Class: 41 Entertainment, amusement and recreation; cultural activities; sporting activities, sport competitions, sport matches, sport games, sport exhibitions, sport events, hosting sport award functions, sport information, sport education, physical education, coaching, sport coaching, physical coaching, training, sport training, physical training; publication of books, magazines, pamphlets and printed matter (other than publicity texts); library services, video library facilities and video storage facilities; museum services; radio and television entertainment; film, video, radio and television production; hire of film, video and sound recordings; gaming, provision of gaming machines and provision of gaming facilities; operating lotteries; rugby league competitions, rugby league matches, rugby league games and exhibitions, rugby league events, telecast entertainment and broadcast entertainment, rugby league education, rugby league information and awards, rugby league coaching and arranging and conducting rugby league clinics; production of rugby league videos and films; rugby league mascot and cheer leader performances and dance team performances, all of the foregoing services promoting or marketing or otherwise relating to or associated with or indicating a connection with the game or sport of rugby league

Same for all the other classes too.
cooee
Seniors
Seniors

Post by cooee »

TLPG.

"Bombers" is trademarked for only the game or sport of Australian Football while "Brisbane Bombers" is trademarked for the game or sport of rugby league.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

cooee wrote:
TLPG.

"Bombers" is trademarked for only the game or sport of Australian Football while "Brisbane Bombers" is trademarked for the game or sport of rugby league.
:\: :\: :\:
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

Cooee, if that was true Gold Coast FC could have used the Dolphins. After all, that was swimming, right?

The name "Bombers" is trademarked. The sport is irrelevant.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

cooee wrote:
TLPG.

So Rugby League is not considered an Australian Football code. Right finally confirmation that the game is an import. A poor import at that. Take it back to England please.
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

And keep it there!
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
cooee
Seniors
Seniors

Post by cooee »

Australian Football League?

By what your saying this league must contain teams from Australian Rules, rugby league, rugby union and Association football right?

Brisbane Lions Australian Football Club?
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

What are you on about now?
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
cooee
Seniors
Seniors

Post by cooee »

Beaussie was claiming that the "Bombers" trademark of game or sport of Australian Football means all code in Australia but I was just pointing out the fact that your League and clubs state your code name is Australian Football.

You know like National Rugby League, or Brisbane Broncos Rugby League Football Club.
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

For the record - I was stating that the "Bombers" trademark is held by the AFL and blocks all sport (not just any football code) from using it. See the trademark I mentioned on the Dolphins name for the perfect example.

Beau was calling you out for imputing that RL wasn't Australian.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST