Welcome , the Mighty Brisbane Bombers

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra
Been liked: 0

Welcome , the Mighty Brisbane Bombers

Post by Raiderdave »

to the NRL Family

will be a huge success from day one
& now with an NRL game in Brissie every week & on TV ... the Lions can no longer hide from the NRL on the alternate week

so its HELLO BOMBERS

&

GOODBYE LIONS

:wink:
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

Nope. AFL is taking the consortium to court for intellectual property theft.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

TLPG wrote:
Nope. AFL is taking the consortium to court for intellectual property theft.
do you think this consortium would have even bothered if they didn't have the strongest legal advice that they can use the name

of course they wouldn't :wink:

carn the Bombers

Brisbane Bombers that is :cool:
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

They can't use the name. The Bombers name is trademarked in Australia by the AFL. Absolute fact, and the law says this consortium can't do it. They have to go to another name.

I've got an idea. How about the Crushers? :mrgreen:
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

TLPG wrote:
They can't use the name. The Bombers name is trademarked in Australia by the AFL. Absolute fact, and the law says this consortium can't do it. They have to go to another name.

I've got an idea. How about the Crushers? :mrgreen:
hmmm
yes ... the Brisbane Bombers lawyers would never of heard of trademarking or copy right would they 8-[ :roll:

they know they can use it
thats why they are .... :wink:
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

They can't. I know my law. I've looked into copyright (which IP is a part of) for my own reasons. The consortium has some very dumb people on board.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

TLPG wrote:
They can't. I know my law. I've looked into copyright (which IP is a part of) for my own reasons. The consortium has some very dumb people on board.
you know squat
you've proved it numerous times in here

I'll back the wigs at the Brissie Bombers
they have something in the kit bag ... & are going to wreak havoc with it :wink:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Re: Welcome , the Mighty Brisbane Bombers

Post by Beaussie »

Raiderdave wrote:
to the NRL Family

& now with an NRL game in Brissie every week & on TV ... the Lions can no longer hide from the NRL on the alternate week

so its HELLO BOMBERS

&

GOODBYE LIONS

The NRL players don't want any expansion and David Gallop and the NRL have put it off the agenda. That aside there is no way the AFL will stand by and let these pretenders try and ride on the success of the Bombers name. This will go to court and the NRL will lose big time. Go on NRL, just try it... bring it on. :evil:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

TLPG wrote:
Exactly. Was the same reason as to why the Gold Coast AFL team went with Suns and not Sharks or Dolphins. Typical of the NRL not to have done its homework. I hope it does go to court and they lose millions plus court cases for attempting to steal another code/club trademark.
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:
Has thanked: 0

Post by Grim Reaper »

Sounds like Brisbane will BOMB out big time...trust me I know my law :twisted:
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

Raiderdave wrote:
TLPG wrote:
you know squat
you've proved it numerous times in here
I've won a defamation action for the record. So I know my law.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Re: Welcome , the Mighty Brisbane Bombers

Post by Raiderdave »

Beaussie wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
to the NRL Family

so its HELLO BOMBERS

&

GOODBYE LIONS

The NRL players don't want any expansion and David Gallop and the NRL have put it off the agenda. That aside there is no way the AFL will stand by and let these pretenders try and ride on the success of the Bombers name. This will go to court and the NRL will lose big time. Go on NRL, just try it... bring it on. :evil:
the NRL players have zero say in it ...
2014 expansion is on.....

the Brisbane Bombers must know something .. the dopey AFL doesn't
its a done deal :wink:
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Essendon

" we're not putting up with this .. we've had this logo & branding for 130 years "

Reporter

" ummm.. the Wright brothers only invented flight .. 103 years ago ?" :?>

Essendon

" aaahhh 8-[ #-o :^o .... "

:_<> :(/

ah the AFL
what lying merkins
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

This will go to court and the NRL will lose big time.
Bombers will fight for name
Martin Boulton
July 15, 2011

ESSENDON chief executive Ian Robson says the AFL club will mount a legal challenge to stop any breach of intellectual property by NRL expansion team, Brisbane Bombers.

Officials preparing the NRL bid chose the name Brisbane Bombers from a list of names compiled as part of a competition, which was run in conjunction with a Brisbane radio station.

The team's name and logo, featuring a bomber pilot and wings, was launched in Brisbane yesterday by bid team boss Craig Davison amid plans to base the team at Albion Park, from 2013.

Robson moved quickly after the launch, saying Essendon would work closely with the AFL, which owns all clubs' intellectual property, branding and logos, to protect the club's 130-year-old brand. He also suggested the bid team could have used a more original name.

''That's the jumper, our colours and our logos, and the pragmatics of that is that the lawyers will look at all of these things to see if what is proposed [by the NRL bid team] crosses the line,'' he said.

''I can understand why somebody would look at our model and say 'we'd like to be able to replicate that', but … the lawyers will deal with it and ensure we can move forward and be very proud of who we are.''

Robson, who joined Essendon at the end of 2009 after five years with Hawthorn, said he respected the NRL's ambition to grow, but was surprised the bid team ''couldn't have thought of something a little bit more original'' for the proposed team's name.

The AFL's football operations manager, Adrian Anderson, said the league would work closely with Essendon to ensure another sporting code ''did not infringe'' on the legal rights of an AFL team.

''Essendon has a proud history of using the Bombers name - there's a strong connection - and any other club seeking to use that name would have to avoid any infringement,'' Anderson said.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/b ... z1S7U25cho
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

They're not lying. The Brisbane consortium is in big trouble if they proceed. The AFL trademarked the Bombers name in Australia considerably more recently than the formation of the Essendon FC. Heck they didn't even adopt the Bombers moniker until - heck when was it? I think it was the 1930's from memory but that's a guess. They're nickname before that (and this was embarassing I have to say) was the "Same Olds"! I'm serious!

Just admit that you don't know any more than the consortium, hmmm?
THIS FORUM IS RACIST