Fight Club - Football TV Ratings (AFL vs NRL)

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain
Team: Easts
Been liked: 36 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings (AFL vs NRL)

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

Wow, last nights final wont be far off 2m :cheers:
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
WookieReturns
Captain
Captain
Team: Carlton
Been liked: 98 times

Post by WookieReturns »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:31 am
Wow, last nights final wont be far off 2m :cheers:
Should be over...est around 2.079m
WookieReturns
Captain
Captain

Post by WookieReturns »

WookieReturns
Captain
Captain

Post by WookieReturns »

Sunday, 25 September 2022

AFL Grand Final: #1 program of survey 2022

5.76 million viewers reached on Seven

The Seven Network’s live, free and exclusive coverage of the 2022 AFL Grand Final yesterday reached a national audience of 5.76 million Australians on Channel 7.

The AFL Grand Final is the #1 TV program in the 2022 ratings survey year (based on overnight audiences) and scored an average total television audience of 3.06 million viewers, including 2.96 million viewers nationally and 2.18 million in the capital cities.

Seven’s 2022 AFL Grand Final audience is up nationally on the last daytime Final in 2019 between Richmond and the GWS Giants.

On 7plus, an additional 95,000 viewers watched Geelong Cats triumph over the Sydney Swans on connected TVs, with 14 million minutes streamed.

Geelong Cats’ victory dominated its timeslot in the capital cities with a 90.1% share of viewers during the game in total people, and an 91.7% share of 25 to 54s and 94% share in 16 to 39s.

In Melbourne, the Grand Final recorded a 97.7% share of viewers during the game, with Sydney recording an 80.5% share of viewers in its timeslot.

Managing Director Seven Melbourne and Head of Network Sport, Lewis Martin, said: “Seven’s live, free and exclusive coverage of the unmissable premiership decider captivated the nation and demonstrated once again why the AFL is Australia’s #1 winter sport.

“Seven’s AFL coverage, underpinned by our expert commentary and insights, showcases the passion, entertainment and exceptional competition of the AFL and why the unique spectacle brings our nation together like no other sport.

“It is a vital part of Seven’s unbeatable sporting content and we are delighted to work with the AFL, the players, clubs and fans for many years to come as we take the AFL’s free-to-air coverage into a new era,” he said.

The huge audience numbers for the AFL Grand Final follow a highly successful 2022 Final Series.

Excluding the Grand Final, the Final Series reached 7.8 million Australian nationally, with an average broadcast audience on Seven of 1.1 million.

Nationally, Seven’s audience was up on the 2021 Final Series (the audience of which was boosted by lockdowns in some cities). The Sydney broadcast audience jumped 23% year-on-year, while the Perth audience was up 22% and the Brisbane audience increased 10%. Seven accounted for 75% of the overall television viewing of the Finals Series.

Seven’s AFL Grand Final
AFL Grand Final: 3.06 million total viewers nationally. Reached 4.74 million on broadcast.
AFL Grand Final: Presentations: 2.54 million total viewers nationally. Reached 3.77 million on broadcast.
AFL Grand Final: On The Ground: 2.33 million total viewers nationally.
AFL Grand Final: Pre-Match entertainment: 1.05 million total viewers nationally.
AFL Grand Final: Post Match: 351,000 total viewers nationally.
Seven Network is #1 nationally and in the capital cities so far in the OzTAM 2022 survey year, and #1 nationally in 25 to 54s and 16 to 39s.
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain

How could that be? All 3 Origin games were over 3.06.
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
WookieReturns
Captain
Captain

Post by WookieReturns »

pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:46 am
Sevens press release specifically cites overnight ratings for a reason. this means that the streaming for Origin was probably not included in the overnights.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

WookieReturns wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:54 am
pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:46 am
Sevens press release specifically cites overnight ratings for a reason. this means that the streaming for Origin was probably not included in the overnights.
So there is every chance all 3 SOO games outrated the AFL GF! Great result lol!!!
hashish
Team: footy
Been liked: 3 times

Post by hashish »

LULZ at the VFLol grand final ratings. All of the eastern suburbs and inner west soy boys with their tropical fruit flavoured craft beers didn't even make it past quarter time.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

hashish wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:55 pm
LULZ at the VFLol grand final ratings. All of the eastern suburbs and inner west soy boys with their tropical fruit flavoured craft beers didn't even make it past quarter time.
In fairness the vfl grand final wasn’t shown on the primary channel - well not in qld and unsure whether it was on in other states apart from Victoria.
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain

Are you Mr TV Fred? That guy is full of BS excuses also :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :rock:
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:27 pm
In fairness the vfl grand final wasn’t shown on the primary channel - well not in qld and unsure whether it was on in other states apart from Victoria.
Not shown on the primary channel. Are you sure of this Fwed? Please check this and get back to me. Cheers pal!!!!
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

Terry wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:59 pm
Not shown on the primary channel. Are you sure of this Fwed? Please check this and get back to me. Cheers pal!!!!
It's impossible to find September 18's TV Guide online now, but I can confirm in Victoria that the VFL GF was shown on the primary channel. I know because I watched it from siren to siren. Good win by Casey Demons.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

TLPG wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:52 pm
Terry wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:59 pm

It's impossible to find September 18's TV Guide online now, but I can confirm in Victoria that the VFL GF was shown on the primary channel. I know because I watched it from siren to siren. Good win by Casey Demons.
Umm pal, I think Hashish was takin' the piss outta you fumblers lolololol. When he said VFL he meant AFL. But I understand how you and your fumbling mates didn't get this lololol. Living in the bubble is a terrible impediment to intelligent thought lololololol!!!
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

Oh I get it, and it shits me. That's why I called it out as appropriate to make HIM look foolish. Fact - the AFL and the VFL are not the same league.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

TLPG wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:08 pm
Oh I get it, and it shits me. That's why I called it out as appropriate to make HIM look foolish. Fact - the AFL and the VFL are not the same league.
There both fumbling racist messes
Close enough for me
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o