It's Garbage night

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra
Been liked: 0

Post by Raiderdave »

TLPG wrote:
I don't even remember now, but it had to be another personal attack because there would have been no other reason. The fact that I deleted it rather than edited it indicates that your response was not reasonable.
K
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here as my work computer was playing up yesterday so maybe my response didn't get through

my post went something along the lines of

the AFL has an average attendance of just 22.6K in the non AFL states
not double the average of any NRL side ( thats what you said before ,double ) up here.. is barely in front of quite a few & in fact behind a few clubs on their own
& this average continues to slide

if 3 clubs .. soon to be 4.. can't do better then that , in states
with a combined population of 12.5 Million

then they & their sport are the envy of no one up here , your sport has well & truly been confined to the south of... just north of the murray

the AFL is Melbourne .. with a bit of interest in Perth & Adelaide
( & hell it waning there too .. well adelaide certainly )

soon the vics will be left to play with themselves .. which they're pretty good at
:wink:
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

When I said double I was referring to the national total of both (36K v 16K).

The AFL's average attendance of 22.6K as you said is still higher than the total NRL average of 16K. They are winning. That's the whole point, and you refuse to see it.

SA will consolidate once they move to the Adelaide Oval. WA is in good shape. The Swans will continue to outdraw every Sydney based NRL club - even Canterbury. And when the AFL finally move in to Canberra, the Raiders will be in trouble.

In the next decade we will have a presence at elite level in all six states and one of the two territories - something that the NRL will NEVER EVER have!
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

TLPG wrote:
When I said double I was referring to the national total of both (36K v 16K).

The AFL's average attendance of 22.6K as you said is still higher than the total NRL average of 16K. They are winning. That's the whole point, and you refuse to see it.

SA will consolidate once they move to the Adelaide Oval. WA is in good shape. The Swans will continue to outdraw every Sydney based NRL club - even Canterbury. And when the AFL finally move in to Canberra, the Raiders will be in trouble.

In the next decade we will have a presence at elite level in all six states and one of the two territories - something that the NRL will NEVER EVER have!
& I said we don't care about anything that happens in that odd little state south of the murray
the AFL average outside of its heartland is nothing to brag about
its appalling for a code that considers itself national ..

3 sides unable to find 70K fans amongst 12.5 Million is an embarrasing amount when you consider the resources the AFL has put into these areas over the last 30 years
they may have a presence
in 2 of the States n 1 of the territories .. they may as well not even have bothered :cool:
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

Oh here we go, running to the TV ratings again. In the cold hard light of day, they are MEANINGLESS!! Live attendances are what really count - and memberships. Oh and building the game at the grass roots level, which the NRL is failing miserably at outside of IT'S heartland!

Heck, I say 249 clubs in New South Wales alone is worth bragging about, especially against the number of grass roots senior RL clubs in Victoria!!
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

TLPG wrote:
Oh here we go, running to the TV ratings again. In the cold hard light of day, they are MEANINGLESS!! Live attendances are what really count - and memberships. Oh and building the game at the grass roots level, which the NRL is failing miserably at outside of IT'S heartland!

Heck, I say 249 clubs in New South Wales alone is worth bragging about, especially against the number of grass roots senior RL clubs in Victoria!!
TV ratings got you lot the cash to keep half your clubs going for the next 5 years

yeah they're meaningless 8-[

& soccer has 1000 clubs in NSW
tell me .... how are they going ? :wink: :cool:
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

Soccer's going lousy, because the attendances are BS in the A-League.

AFL got the big TV deal because AFL provides atmosphere at venues and excite the networks with what AFL brings to the table on the field.

I say again, where are the RL clubs in Victoria? Where's the effort to get into AFL heartland? Come on - where's the interest in it?
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

TLPG wrote:
Soccer's going lousy, because the attendances are BS in the A-League.

AFL got the big TV deal because AFL provides atmosphere at venues and excite the networks with what AFL brings to the table on the field.

I say again, where are the RL clubs in Victoria? Where's the effort to get into AFL heartland? Come on - where's the interest in it?
Soccer's number of clubs means nothing in NSW
insert the same for AFL

their club numbers doesn't convert to popularity for them
the same for AFL

you could have a 1000 clubs in NSW same as soccer
your sport is not going to be any more popular in NSW.. because like soccer
its a dud...

the interest in League in Victoria comes from the ever increasing TV audiences watching it ( something AFL cannot claim in NSW)
the increasing jnr participation
the increasing memberships
& increasing crowds for the Storm ( by seasons end )

AFL has been in Sydney for 30 years
by the time the Storms 30th birthday comes around in 2028
I predict they will be the most followed side in the NRL ... bigger then the Broncos

whilst AFL will have 2 basket cases in Sydney
the Swans ..... & GWS floundering for survival :wink:
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

The AFL will wind up or move the Giants before that happens.

Soccer is a game for wimps. They have large playing numbers, but that doesn't mean squat in the end for them as they are all playing and no one's watching and paying to see them play. Big difference right there so any comparison is worthless in the argument.

Ever increasing audiences in Victoria? Your biggest event was beaten all ends up by Masterchef on TV! Junior participation in RL in Victoria is a joke compared to AFL junior participation in Sydney.

The Storm will be gone by 2028.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

TLPG wrote:
The AFL will wind up or move the Giants before that happens.

Soccer is a game for wimps. They have large playing numbers, but that doesn't mean squat in the end for them as they are all playing and no one's watching and paying to see them play. Big difference right there so any comparison is worthless in the argument.

Ever increasing audiences in Victoria? Your biggest event was beaten all ends up by Masterchef on TV! Junior participation in RL in Victoria is a joke compared to AFL junior participation in Sydney.

The Storm will be gone by 2028.
& your only club in NSW & neither of your clubs in QLD can outrate a doctor who episode on TV
who's doing better there .... 8-[ :?>

nearly 1 million veiwers for the three origins in Melbourne

its only a matter of time before we convert that into bums on seats for the Storm & kids who aren't stick insect lady boys .. playing our great game
deny it all you want
its gunna happen :wink: :cool:
Onions
Has thanked: 0

Post by Onions »

This is intelligent debate, Raider Boy? Must be garbage night every night in your house!