Origin!

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Onions wrote:
Hey Kitten, according to your precious ****** up systems OzTam counts metro only and RegionalTAM counts regional only. Right? So the point is if Gold Coast is seen as regional according to little **** up Raider Boy, OzTam AND RegionalTAM will count it in their seperate surveys!! DOUBLE COUNT!!
Spot on Onions.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

As I said earlier, these people can only be watching 1 TV. So if someone extra gets counted for the Northern NSW region there will one less counted for regional Qld.

I can see how the borders of the regional areas could be a problem in the non-defined footy code watching areas. But hardly a problem, and certainly does'nt make it a flawed system.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

pussycat wrote:
As I said earlier, these people can only be watching 1 TV. So if someone extra gets counted for the Northern NSW region there will one less counted for regional Qld.

I can see how the borders of the regional areas could be a problem in the non-defined footy code watching areas. But hardly a problem, and certainly does'nt make it a flawed system.
You just don't get it do you. I for example, can get Sydney channels and Wollongong channels at my place and that's in Sydney. As is the case where the boarder overlap with OzTAM and RegionalTAM, one of a few may be watching on tv in the loungeroom (for instance Channel 9) counted under OzTAM, whilst one or more may be watching tv in their bedroom (for instance WIN/NBN). Can't you see how that is flawed with the ratings dependent on which channel one or more is watching in the same household? In that simple example outlined here, you have the potential for massive double counting considering each viewer is taken as an average of 1,000 or so viewers for different networks. No one bar NRL supporters takes regional tv ratings seriously for this reason. They are a flawed analysis of tv viewing habits.
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Beaussie wrote:
You just don't get it do you. I for example, can get Sydney channels and Wollongong channels at my place and that's in Sydney. As is the case where the boarder overlap with OzTAM and RegionalTAM, one of a few may be watching on tv in the loungeroom (for instance Channel 9) counted under OzTAM, whilst one or more may be watching tv in their bedroom (for instance WIN/NBN). Can't you see how that is flawed with the ratings dependent on which channel one or more is watching in the same household? In that simple example outlined here, you have the potential for massive double counting considering each viewer is taken as an average of 1,000 or so viewers for different networks. No one bar NRL supporters takes regional tv ratings seriously for this reason. They are a flawed analysis of tv viewing habits.

Both Tam systems work the same - the channel your watching is the one that gets counted. Regardless of how many other channels you can get.

If your watching Win than your not watching 9

In the situation that you described the people in the other room could just as easily be watching C7/10.

I recall presenting you with articles that made it quiet clear that Demetriou and all TV networks were well aware of Regional viewers.
Onions
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Onions »

pussycat wrote:

But they get fucking counted twice!!

Thay are watching the same fucking channel!! Don't give me this Nine/Win bullshit! It's the SAME FUCKING CHANNEL!! It gets counted in both in that overlap area, so it's a double count!!
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Onions wrote:
[
But they get ******* counted twice!!

Thay are watching the same ******* channel!! Don't give me this Nine/Win bullshit! It's the SAME ******* CHANNEL!! It gets counted in both in that overlap area, so it's a double count!!
I think you will find you are wrong.

When you agree to take this survey you are given one box/metre that attaches to one Tv, regardless of how many tv you have in your house. The information on what you have watched is stored on that box. The information on that box is later retrieved by either Oz or Regional Tam, depending on your location.
Onions

Post by Onions »

It's retrieved by BOTH in the overlap!!

Stop fucking around with the facts, Kitten!
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by MarkZZZ »

It really is trying to get water into a leaky bucket with onions. One box makes one count of one channel. It is electronically impossible for one box to record that you are watching two channels. Is that so hard to understand. Can it be made any clearer for you or do you just don't want to understand.
Onions

Post by Onions »

It's a double count of the one box!! Once by OzTam and once by RegionalTam!

"Can it be made any clearer for you or do you just don't want to understand."

Right fucking back at you, Sleeper!
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by MarkZZZ »

I give up it's impossible to make a Onion understand that if you have one box it can only count the one programme from the one channel at the one time not two. I see you couldn't get through another post without ********** sad really.
Onions

Post by Onions »

What's sad is that you don't fucking understand what's going on and I don't think you want to! One box, one program, counted TWICE!!

What did you get in comprehension at school? A fucking F??
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by MarkZZZ »

OK onion i bow to your superior intelligence but can you explain to be how a box that's made to count the program the TV is tuned to can count another program that the TV is not tuned to. I eagerly await your reply but think I will be in ZZZZZZZZZZ land before that happens.
Onions

Post by Onions »

You're missing the fucking point AGAIN!! The box itself counts once, but it's read TWICE!! How many fucking times do I have to say that before you'll get it??
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

pussycat wrote:
Onions wrote:
[
But they get ******* counted twice!!

Thay are watching the same ******* channel!! Don't give me this Nine/Win bullshit! It's the SAME ******* CHANNEL!! It gets counted in both in that overlap area, so it's a double count!!
I think you will find you are wrong.

When you agree to take this survey you are given one box/metre that attaches to one Tv, regardless of how many tv you have in your house. The information on what you have watched is stored on that box. The information on that box is later retrieved by either Oz or Regional Tam, depending on your location.
Wrong again. #-o
3. Installing the Peoplemeters

A peoplemeter is installed on every TV set in each household.

http://www.oztam.com.au/pdf/tv_ratings/ ... rocess.pdf
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Beaussie wrote:
Wrong again. #-o
3. Installing the Peoplemeters

A peoplemeter is installed on every TV set in each household.

http://www.oztam.com.au/pdf/tv_ratings/ ... rocess.pdf

I totaly agree with your latest post, 100%.

So what became of your duel counting due to overlapping signals argument? And your anti-regional Tam B.S ? Have you finally worked out there just myths, perpetuated by Demetriou and other fools used to discredit 1/3 of the NRL's viewing audience so AFL mushrooms, like yourself, can sleep more cosy in your beds each night?

And when are you going to put up the Origin 2 ratings figure?
Last edited by pussycat on Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.