Victorians Playing for the Melbourne Storm - Are there ANY?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Victorians Playing for the Melbourne Storm - Are there ANY?

Post by Beaussie »

As we all know, Melbourne Storm are top of the table and regular finals and grand final contenders.

With that in mind surely there is at least one Victorian playing for the Melbourne Storm NRL team yeah? Hmm, think again. When will Victorians ever embrace the game of Rugby League?
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

Melbourne will never embrace it like it has AFL. Melbourne loves sport in general, but they don't like cheats. Think about that one! :>::
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Yes a fair point Beaussie. I agree and think AFL is just way too strong down there for any serious contenders in League to come through.

But I wouldnt be surprised if soon you will find some young immigrant kids coming through the ranks playing League in Victoria as they'd prob feel too much like the odd one out on the AFL pitch. Very white sport indeed.

:>::

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Very white sport indeed.

:>::
WHOA!!

Contradiction alert! What were you saying on the multiculture thread??

Sprung BAD!!! :\: :\: :\:
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Ahhh what tha?

Can you read :lol:

TLPG why is it so easy to take you down. On the multicultural thread I suggest AFL is not multicultural. On this thread I suggest AFL is a very white sport indeed.

Now put those massive, thick black framed glasses on and take another sip of the skim milk on your desk and READ AGAIN!

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

This is the fight club hammer head and TLPG was so far off the point he needed to be reprimanded.

You also need to pick up your game or you'll be next in line. Shocking posts your posting lately. You got one more chance. :)

xman wrote:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Yes a fair point Beaussie. I agree and think AFL is just way too strong down there for any serious contenders in League to come through.
Meanwhile there is plenty of NSW/ACT and QLD talent playing in the AFL/Swans/Lions. Would you agree that the AFL is much more stronger in its non-heartland areas when it comes to participation and development?
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

A point that I've been making from the get go with club numbers and strength - in Cairns for example.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

I would agree that 'on the ground' AFL is stronger in its development of the game at grass roots. Hailing from the mountains its been interesting to see the afl posts slowly creep up the mountains over the lasy 15 years.

However I would like to be clear that it would be foolish to think this is somehow contributing to the downfall of League in these areas. I agree with the Leaguies on this site that the game is actually going from strength to strength.

I despise suckers like yourself and TLPG who probably read papers lie the DAily Telegraph and believe all this shmuck that the AFL is taking over. I think they are trying but am very confident RL has a firm grip on its hearltand areas.

At the same time I personally think there is room for both sports to co exist in places like Sydney. But RL will always remain the more dominant sport.

xman wrote:
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra
Been liked: 0

Re: Victorians Playing for the Melbourne Storm - Are there A

Post by Raiderdave »

Beaussie wrote:
As we all know, Melbourne Storm are top of the table and regular finals and grand final contenders.

With that in mind surely there is at least one Victorian playing for the Melbourne Storm NRL team yeah? Hmm, think again. When will Victorians ever embrace the game of Rugby League?
& exactly how many born & Raised Sydneysiders have turned out for the Swans in the last 30 years

Keiren Jack .. thats one
F me ... if thats all they've got to show for their 3 decades & the amount of money they've spent ... & the hoopla of how well their going with ALLLLL these kids now playing the game in Sydney.. they should seriously think about giving up

also

the Melbourne Storms SG Ball ( U18's ) side of 2009
runners up that year in a most remarkable effort that made headlines up here ... & should have down there too

a squad of 20 kids .... 11 hailing from Melbourne ... they didn't move their , they were born & raised there & have chosen a far more demanding sport then AFL " according to one young lad "
some are now playing in the Storms very very handy Toyota Cup side
( U20's)

I'll find the story which was big news up here .. for obvious reasons
& squarely ram it down your throat
K ? :cool:
Onions
Has thanked: 0

Post by Onions »

How many of the Storm juniors go on to play NRL, Raider Boy? None!

Sure that Jack isn't the only Sydney original. Couldn't be stuffed looking it up but.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Onions wrote:
How many of the Storm juniors go on to play NRL, Raider Boy? None!

Sure that Jack isn't the only Sydney original. Couldn't be stuffed looking it up but.

a lot more then will have played for the Swans by the Time the Storm turn 30 .... in 17 Years time

Like I said
the Storms lower grade sides are amongst the best there are
their 2009 SG ball side .. wall to wall Melbournians .. lost the GF to the Bulldogs
the same year their Toyota Cup side won the Grand Final .. ova the Tigers

theres kids , their numbers increasing every year in Melbourne .. home grown products clammering to get involved in League
they aren't stick insect lady boys & need a challenge
so they chase after one .. in League :cool:
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Re: Victorians Playing for the Melbourne Storm - Are there A

Post by Raiderdave »

Beaussie wrote:

here is one of the multiple stories about this wonderful SG Ball Side from Melbourne
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 5710390715

the poor buggers had no where to train
but such was their dedication to their sport they overcame adversity & triumphed ... falling short against a cracking Bulldogs outfit in the decider of 2009
that same year the Storm Toyota cup side made .. & won the Grand final Ova the Tigers with I think 4... home grown players

please furnish me with details of at least 15 born & raised Sydneysiders who have made the NSW/ACT goats . or whateva their called

not kids from the Riverina .. but from Sydney
& we'll see where an impact is being made on the development front
K :cool:
Onions
Has thanked: 0

Post by Onions »

Betcha there were plenty! And from Newcastle as well as Sydney, Raider Boy!
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Onions wrote:
Betcha there were plenty! And from Newcastle as well as Sydney, Raider Boy!
til you prove otherwise

betcha there wasn't ......... :roll: