Which code is more multicultural, AFL or NRL?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Hammer my attitude is for sport to be "multiculturally" inclusive. I have commended the AFL already for their work with the Indigenous community several times on these boards. Multiculturalism however refers to immigrants, I suggest you re read this thread and learn a little more about the term multiculturalism.

Or alternatively have you realised you are no better than beaussie or TLPG in this thread? Perhaps you need to stick to things you know about eh? Monkey say monkey do.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

Multiculturalism is about multi-cultures, KE!! That INCLUDES Aboriginal! For goodness sake use your brain if you have one!
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Actually TLPG once again you're off context. I'm talking about multiculturalism from a deeper perspective than your very simple understanding. If we went by your understanding 'multiculturalism' was a part of Australia when Cook and his bunch of migrants busted in and tore down the local societies that were here. But the principles of multiculturalism were not part of social understanding at this time. The principle of multiculturalism began recently with waves of immigration coming into Australia and other predominantly western countries like canada and america. So while I dont disregard Aboriginal culture as unique I am really referring to the influx of migrants and their integration into AFL and NRL when I refer to the term multiculturalism.

And I suggest you read more than

xman wrote:
Onions
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Onions »

Off YOUR context, Queen E! Not actual context. TLPG's right. He outed you good!
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

What do you expect, Hammer? He keeps moving the goal posts!
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

I checked out both official sites of the AFL and NRL. Only the AFL has a multicultural program. Guess that says it all.
Onions

Post by Onions »

Hammerhead wrote:
Stop name calling, Onions.
Shut up, Nailhead. You're not my Dad!
rick-james
Team:

Post by rick-james »

Beaussie wrote:
I checked out both official sites of the AFL and NRL. Only the AFL has a multicultural program. Guess that says it all.
I just HAD to create an account to jump in on this. How can anyone say AFL is more multicultural?

@BeAussie, they have a program because they need to, Rugby League needs no such program.

King Elijah makes a good point about comparing team list on players on tv.

AFL IS multi but its plain obvious League wins this battle.
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

Lets see, the AFL has African, Asian, Pacific Islander, Middle Eastern, European, Anglo Australian, North American and of course Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander players. Sound very multi-cultural to me. Pity the NSW State of Origin team does not recognise this or for that matter Aboriginal players, unlike Qld.
rick-james
Team:

Post by rick-james »

Ok, how about naming them then and I'll match you.
NSW doesnt recognize Aboriginal players? Tom Learoyd Lars? Timana Tahu? Jamie Soward? Jamal Idris?
Lets have a look at some of our Origin reps

Jarryd Hayne, NSW (fijian)
Petero Civoniceva, QLD (fijian)
Akuila Uate, NSW (fijian)
Michael Jennings, NSW (tongan)

Thats without mentioning the Indigenous players and lets not forget there are eligibility rules that prevent players from playing Origin

You guys mention juniors, well you should look at the junior rep teams and see amount of Pacific Islanders/Kiwis in those sides.
rick-james
Team:

Post by rick-james »

[quote="AFFP"][quote="rick-james"]@BeAussie, they have a program because they need to, Rugby League needs no such program. [/quote]

Yes they do because they won't be taken to be serious about the issue if they don't.[/quote]

By who? Our sport is multicultural as it is. A program is needed when theres a problem.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Hammerhead wrote:
multiculturalism (plural multiculturalisms)

1.The characteristics of a society, city etc. which has many different ethnic or national cultures mingling freely; political or social policies which support or encourage such coexistence.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/multiculturalism

This supports TLPG's definition, King-Eliagh. Stop name calling, Onions.
You friggin tool! Pun intended. Hows about you actually do a little research rather than look up wikipedia on this one.

Being an anthropologist I have studied and researched multiculturalism extensively and I can tell you this definition equates to the toddlers pool in terms of depth. Go and read a few books on the subject then get back to me!

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Beaussie wrote:
As Rick has backed me up on, the AFL needs it!

Havent seen you get back to me with the players lists you promised beaussie?? hehehe AFL has more bogans than any other sport in australia! :twisted: :wink:

xman wrote:
Onions

Post by Onions »

rick-james wrote:
AFFP wrote:
rick-james wrote:
@BeAussie, they have a program because they need to, Rugby League needs no such program.
Yes they do because they won't be taken to be serious about the issue if they don't.
By who? Our sport is multicultural as it is. A program is needed when theres a problem.
So where's yours?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

rick-james wrote:
Beaussie wrote:
I just HAD to create an account to jump in on this. How can anyone say AFL is more multicultural?

No... NRL just doesn't care enough to have a multicultural program.