NRL cannot kick broadcast rights can for as much as AFL

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
crocodileman
Team:
Been liked: 0

Post by crocodileman »

Fucking hell Beaussie - your lies have been debunked!!! #-o

Go to your usual plan:-

Step 1 - deny, deny, deny.
Step 2 - Lies, deception, smoke and mirrors,
Step 3 - More lies
Step 4 - Delete posts
Step 5 - go off on a tangent and not address key points of the post
Step 6 - Get TPLG to lock the thread!

Go the Swans!! :lol:
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

TLPG wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
TLPG wrote:
AFL teams in Sydney outnumber thugby teams in Melbourne.

I call that having a hold.

And if your silly game can't get a real foothold in a sports mad town like Melbourne, you've got no hope!!
And I call it irrellavent because despite Aust Rules being played in Sydney for longer then League has
despite it having more clubs in Sydney then League clubs in Melbourne

it has meant nothing in the long run has it
30K people barely giving a frig to watch it live in a city of 5 million

usually no more then another 50K can even bother to flip a button on a remote to watch it on TV .. how unmotivated are Sydneysiders about this game if they won't even do this ... :shock:

& how terribly depressing it must be for this code that has spent christ knows how much money trying to convince people in Sydney .. & indeed almost all parts of NSW/ACT & QLD their sport is any good
they have failed miserably , it needs to be conceded to a far better Product that is RL

now we havn't even started with our plans yet .. & even though we aren't a bunch of egotistical arrogant @holes like the AFL is thinking they can just turn up & everyone will love em :(/

our code is the one that will make massive gains in growth
hell participation rates have increased massively in the emerging states of VIC , SA WA etc ... & they just keep going up

we're a code full of humble respectful people who will quietly achieve its goals without the fan fare & grandstanding of the AFL
that sort of behaviour is very unAustralian ... its why they're failing :cool:
Now you're the one pulling stats out of your rear end. Since when is ten RL clubs in Melbourne growth? Sorry - if there really was a growing market there would be a lot more clubs and a push for a second NRL team in Melbourne. Fact is - there isn't.

I call that a massive fail in a sports mad city.

(Croc should debate on topic - or leave)
since 5 new clubs in GWS has been trumpted by the AFL & Beaussie... as massive growth in Sydney.. thats since when

its growing rapdily .... Victorian kids who aren't stick insect lady boys .. are looking to our great game for a future
& like I said
was the AFL looking at a 2nd Sydney team in 1995 ... no
will we in 2028
I'd say so .. by then the Storm will be probably the most watched NRL team there is .. even bigger then the Broncos
good times ahead :cool:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Quote: Beaussie
FACT - GWS Giants already have more members than western Sydney NRL clubs without even having played a game at AFL level.

Quote: Raiderdave
FACT Parramatta have 12K members ... the Bulldogs have 15K ... the Tigers 10K .. Panthers 7K & these are members ... not pelicans who pay 50 bucks to become a " foundation" member ... please provide evidence of this FACT about GWS having ova 15K members .. or its just more AFL .. blow

FACT: Beaussie is one of those 'pelicans'. :lol:

I have to say Raider has seriously punished Beaussie on the majority of the facts except for the crowds issue. I honestly could not agree with the low prices theory as the reason AFL has such high crowds.

But well done anyway Raider, a unamnimous decision win in a thumping of Beaussie over 10 rounds you won 9 of them convincingly.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

crocodileman wrote:
******* hell Beaussie - your lies have been debunked!!! #-o

Go to your usual plan:-

Step 1 - deny, deny, deny.
Step 2 - Lies, deception, smoke and mirrors,
Step 3 - More lies
Step 4 - Delete posts
Step 5 - go off on a tangent and not address key points of the post
Step 6 - Get TPLG to lock the thread!

Go the Swans!! :lol:
This couldnt be a clearer explanation of why I said a month or so ago that Beaussie and TLPG are turning people away from their sport with their poor behaviour on this site.

Go Swans, Umpires and Regional Footy! :lol:

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

TLPG wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:
You are part of the topic and constantly trying to direct it your own way rather than bringing an open mind to the topic TLPG. A lot of others in here appear to be doing the same thing. Actually it's been quite funny to watch lately as the debates simply go in narrow minded circles.

Crocman's post is therefore "on topic" and something you should take heed of TLPG.
There's a rather big difference between being narrow minded on topic and being a complete and utter trash merchant off topic. There are lines that shouldn't be crossed, even on this board which has more relaxed rules than the others.

Suggest you temper your histrionics.
Dont try and threaten me you silly little umpire. Now in your quote you've basically admitted to being "narrow minded" but on topic. As an umpire you should understand that these sort of participants need to, and will inevitably be punished.

You're a bad participant TLPG, you've had this shoved down your throat by at least 6 members on this site, which only has about 11 who are active, and by the owners + probably the majority of members on atleast 3 other sites (this is by your own admission in your very first post here at TF back in 2007.

Take your punishment with some humble pie. :)

xman wrote:
crocodileman
Team:

Post by crocodileman »

Yes TLPG - you can go a long way to rectifying some of the damage you have done to your sport (and this site) by putting out an olive branch here.

If you can admit some errors, review your narrow minded approach and show some capacity for change, things can improve quickly.

I have nothing against you personally - the fact that you are somewhat intellectually challenged is of no consequence to me and I would be happy to agree with you on some issues.
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

Both of you don't know what you're talking about. The people who should be putting out the olive branch is you two because you are on thin ice as it is - especially Croc.

I can't change what is right, and what I have said is right in all respects of AFL v NRL. You are yet to prove otherwise.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

TLPG wrote:
I can't change what is right, and what I have said is right in all respects of AFL v NRL. You are yet to prove otherwise.
:_<>

I'm too busy to prove it now but Raiderdave has demolished you on countless occasions. And I've proved you completely wrong about the number of juniors in soccer compared to AFL. Since you did not admit you were wrong on this occasion, and even after I brought up the ABS stats, I have never bothered to take you seriously. And I very rightly never will until you show some freakin manners you ignorant lil umpire!

I'm sorry but this quote needs to be put up again.
TLPG wrote:
I can't change what is right, and what I have said is right in allrespects of AFL v NRL. You are yet to prove otherwise.
The funniest thing is. This guy is NOT joking!

:(/

xman wrote:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Raiderdave wrote:
I'd say so .. by then the Storm will be probably the most watched NRL team there is .. even bigger then the Broncos
good times ahead :cool:
Hahaha, that's hilarious. Cheers Raiderdave. :(/
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Beaussie wrote:
pussycat wrote:
We will get a major increase wether it be a billion or very close to it. It will come because we were grossly under sold by the current owners last time. That wont happen under the New comission which will have no Links with News Ltd or any of its companies like Foxtel.
When will we see this new commission you speak of? Reports today suggest News Ltd is prepared to walk away from the negotiations.

Whilst I am no fan of Roy Masters as a journalist, what do you make of his article today, in particular the following. Is a major increase as you put it still possible. News Ltd and Foxtel don't see it that way I thinking.
A subcommittee of four people representing the NSWRL, the QRL, NRL clubs and News Ltd, has come up with a beast that has the whiff of camel breath, flat feet unsuited to the challenges of rugby league and the potential to bring the game to its knees.

Still, the purpose of the commission is to replace News Ltd at the next TV-rights deal.

Given Foxtel's recent murmuring about how little it plans to give rugby league, it may be easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than an NRL player to become rich, let alone enter the gates of heaven.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... z1QcP6kMf1
Hey pussycat, care to comment? Raider? :>::
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Raiderdave wrote:
Beaussie wrote:
FACT - Sydney Swans have bigger crowds, bigger sponsorship deals and many, many more members than all NRL clubs in Sydney
FACT.. they're broke & have barely more members then Souths or the Dragons who both have 21K each
Stop lying. You know as well as I do that the Swans have many, many more members than all NRL clubs in Sydney. League club memberships to get cheap beer and a meal are not real memberships you know Raider. :(/
Raiderdave wrote:
Beaussie wrote:
FACT - GWS Giants already have more members than western Sydney NRL clubs without even having played a game at AFL level.
FACT Parramatta have 12K members ... the Bulldogs have 15K ... the Tigers 10K .. Panthers 7K & these are members ... not pelicans who pay 50 bucks to become a " foundation" member ... please provide evidence of this FACT about GWS having ova 15K members .. or its just more AFL .. blow
The Giants are yet to even play a game in the AFL and they already have more members than Penrith by your own numbers. Hilarious. :_<>

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/
Raiderdave wrote:
Beaussie wrote:
FACT - Participation rates for the AFL have grown massively in Sydney, NSW/ACT.
FACT where Sydney is concerned.. 100% increase on nothing ..... is nothing... where the Riverina is concerned , please provide evidence that there has been an increase there ... don't just put up the numbers there which have always been there... & claim an increase ..
AFL is growing at a rapid rate in Sydney and NSW with participation rates up 110% to 125,000 in the last five years.

http://www.aflnswact.com.au/index.php?i ... a7aace5abd
Raiderdave wrote:
Beaussie wrote:
FACT - TV ratings continue to increase week after week in Sydney this season.
FACT .. they're down again this year on last year .. which was down on the year before ... which was down on the year before
Stop lying and look at the actual figures. You're pathetic with your lies.

http://www.talkingfooty.com/tv_ratings_2011.php
http://www.talkingfooty.com/tv_ratings_2010.php
http://www.talkingfooty.com/tv_ratings_2009.php
http://www.talkingfooty.com/tv_ratings_2008.php
Raiderdave wrote:
Beaussie wrote:
FACT - The highest ever tv ratings for football games in Australia involves the Sydney Swans
FACT they appeared in another grand final the following year after this highest rating game .. & the ratings plummeted & have done so ever since
The higest ever rating football game in Australian history is still Sydney vs North Melbourne in the 1996 Grand Final.

Since 2001 the highest rating football games again involve the Sydney Swans. Note NRL does not make the list. :(/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mo ... #Australia
Raiderdave wrote:
Beaussie wrote:
FACT - The AFL tv ratings absolute dominate the NRL tv ratings every week of the respective football seasons.
FACT Code V Code .. which is what TV rights are about ... Rugby league now monsters AFL ( 132 Mill to 124 Mill in 2010) & is increasing its lead ova it every year
More lies. :roll:
Raiderdave wrote:
Beaussie wrote:
FACT - The AFL continues to have the biggest TV rights deals in Australian sporting history.
FACT .. well logical conclusion at least ... not for long
You lot say that every time the AFL does its negotiations. How many more times can you be so wrong. ](*,)
Raiderdave wrote:
Beaussie wrote:
FACT - The AFL now has the 3rd highest average attendances in the world when it comes to all sports
FACT .. AFL is the cheapest sport to get into on the planet ( even cheaper then the NRL.. by some way ) .. its absurd to compare to it to real comps that actually charge a decent amount to get into it

that is all :cool:
More lies. Seriously, take these examples for upcoming rounds in the AFL and NRL.

AFL/Swans tickets

Dearest ticket is $67.00
Cheapest ticket for a junior is $10.00

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/Sh ... =SWANS1711

NRL/Eels tickets

Dearest ticket is $40.00
Cheapest ticket for a junior is $15.00
http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/Sh ... sh=EEL1711

NRL/Raiders tickets

Dearest ticket $34.00
Cheapest ticket for a junior is $12.00
http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/Sh ... sh=RAI1911

Umm, Radierdave, you were saying??? :(/ :(/ :(/

I trust you're both reading KE and Crocman and have taken the time to follow what is actually being said and posted/linked to as evidence.
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

Oh the ownership is complete!! =D> =D> =D>
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Ahhh I knew the ticket prices sounded a bit loose from Raider. Not his normal style.

I'm still with Raiders response on the all important FTA numbers though Beaussie as you havent actually shown any figures to prove him wrong.

xman wrote:
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

Oh boy! :roll:
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Ahhh I knew the ticket prices sounded a bit loose from Raider. Not his normal style.

I'm still with Raiders response on the all important FTA numbers though Beaussie as you havent actually shown any figures to prove him wrong.
Did you even look at the tv ratings? As TLPG put it... oh boy. :roll: