State of Boredom

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

TLPG wrote:
pussycat wrote:
Rugby League often has thrilling finishes, with matches in doubt right up to the final siren. what about your game?
We have something you don't have - the ability to turn a game around in minutes. That makes up for inherent statistically close scores in NRL games. Close results don't always equal excitement. You only have to look at most 0-0 draws in soccer for the perfect example.

In AFL there is such a thing as a great game that isn't close. There's no such thing in the NRL.
No, we have that too :wink:
Onions
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Onions »

Bullshit, Kitten! The only time our game could be boring is if it's low scoring!!
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

Listen Snugglepuss, the nrl is for brain dead bogans who suck on VICTORIAN beer and smoke Winnies! Grass growing is more exciting to watch than a bunch of knuckle draggers pretending to play a "sport"
rick-james
Team:

Post by rick-james »

All tickets were sold for all three games. Cant help if people dont turn up.
rick-james
Team:

Post by rick-james »

Grim reaper sounds really tough, like to see how he'd handle a league game :lol:
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

Grim would be rolling around laughing at a "league game". :lol:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

MarkZZZ wrote:
TLPG as we go through life we are introduced to many varied things. Some we like, some we don't. There are some things we like and for the life of us we can't understand why everyone in the world doesn't like what we like. There are others that make us shrug our shoulders and say WTF do these people see in that. That could be some types of food, music, sport or a myriad of other things.

You say its hard for you to swallow. I guess that's the difference between you and me. I am happy that you enjoy your sport as I enjoy mine. I don't care that you don't like mine but you think your game is so great that there has to be something wrong with me because I don't.

Lets make another comparison. Let's say I like blues music and you like opera. There's nothing to be gained by me telling you that your love of opera is wrong because opera is boring. It's what you like and you can have it. I would expect that you should feel the same way towards my love of blues.

By all means rave about your love of your preferred game and I will do the same about mine. Lets not get into some lame war where we have to put down the others preferred game just to score a point for "our side".
=D>

While this description is in no way as succinct as Raiders description of TLPG, it is so on the mark I can only sit back and applaud.

Just beautiful Mark, you really describe his behaviour perfectly. And the hypotheitcal with you enjoying blues and TLPG enjoying opera? :_<>
Subtle but oh so good! :(/

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
AFL Warrior
Captain
Captain
Team: Collingwood

Post by AFL Warrior »

Do any of you NRL wankers actually go to an NRL game?
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

MarkZZZ wrote:
TLPG as we go through life we are introduced to many varied things. Some we like, some we don't. There are some things we like and for the life of us we can't understand why everyone in the world doesn't like what we like. There are others that make us shrug our shoulders and say WTF do these people see in that. That could be some types of food, music, sport or a myriad of other things.

You say its hard for you to swallow. I guess that's the difference between you and me. I am happy that you enjoy your sport as I enjoy mine. I don't care that you don't like mine but you think your game is so great that there has to be something wrong with me because I don't.

Lets make another comparison. Let's say I like blues music and you like opera. There's nothing to be gained by me telling you that your love of opera is wrong because opera is boring. It's what you like and you can have it. I would expect that you should feel the same way towards my love of blues.

By all means rave about your love of your preferred game and I will do the same about mine. Lets not get into some lame war where we have to put down the others preferred game just to score a point for "our side".
You're talking like I'm not allowed to be passionate. The music comparison isn't valid because sport in all it's forms creates a level of passion that even metalheads can only dream of.

I also want to point out - and I'm only saying this from the viewpoint of seeing the way society is evolving - that the passion is dying. Parents are sending their kids to play soccer because it's "safe". That's the primary reason for my passion. I want to see our society get involved in sport in the teenage years, but also be strong. Soccer doesn't teach physical strength. Thugby over teaches it. I truly believe that the AFL carries the right balance.

That's the primary reason why I can't understand why people prefer thugby over AFL. About the only thing that may make sense is all the rules we have. Now there I may be biased, because I'm an umpire and I understand the rules and their applications - both through the taught interpretations and good old fashioned common sense (and sometimes the two clash much to my annoyance and I'm grateful that I don't have to apply some of the more ridiculous rule changes at the level I'm umpiring at now). Both soccer and thugby are simpler in a rules sense, but that's partly why I think they are in fact part of the problem with society - not part of the solution as I think they should be.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Onions

Post by Onions »

AFFP wrote:
rick-james wrote:
Source?
Come on Rick cough up!
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

AFL Warrior wrote:
Do any of you NRL wankers actually go to an NRL game?
Plenty
luv me NRL...

tell me have any of you lady boy trannies ever go to any buggerball games ?
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Onions wrote:
AFFP wrote:
rick-james wrote:
Source?
Come on Rick cough up!
how bout you find a source that says otherwise stinky breath
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

AFFP wrote:
He made the claim, so he provides the source.

Game III

http://www.sportsnetholidays.com/events ... -brisbane/
To book your State of Origin Game 3 ticket package, you can free-call us here at Sportsnet Holidays on 1300 888 858 1300 888 858 . Alternatively, if you have any questions please fill out the enquiry form below and one of our rugby-mad travel experts will get back to you promptly.

** PLEASE NOTE STATE OF ORIGIN 3 IS NOW SOLD OUT

Game II
http://www.3news.co.nz/State-of-Origin- ... fault.aspx

Tickets for State of Origin game two at the ANZ Stadium in Sydney have officially sold out.

Game I

A sell-out crowd of more than 52,000 will be on hand when this year's State of Origin series gets underway at Brisbane's Suncorp Stadium tonight.

He ............ is a twat :cool:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Raiderdave wrote:
AFFP wrote:
He made the claim, so he provides the source.

Game III

http://www.sportsnetholidays.com/events ... -brisbane/
To book your State of Origin Game 3 ticket package, you can free-call us here at Sportsnet Holidays on 1300 888 858 1300 888 858 . Alternatively, if you have any questions please fill out the enquiry form below and one of our rugby-mad travel experts will get back to you promptly.

** PLEASE NOTE STATE OF ORIGIN 3 IS NOW SOLD OUT

Game II

Tickets for State of Origin game two at the ANZ Stadium in Sydney have officially sold out.

Game I

A sell-out crowd of more than 52,000 will be on hand when this year's State of Origin series gets underway at Brisbane's Suncorp Stadium tonight.

He ............ is a twat :cool:
Sate of Origin in Sydney had a 2 for the price of 1 ticket deal. How pathetic. :(/

http://lasttix.com.au/buy-discount-tick ... n-2-sydney
Onions

Post by Onions »

Who was talking about the AFL subsidising tics? Even the AFL doesn't go THAT far to sell them! #-o