State of Boredom

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by MarkZZZ »

The point you made a "brief mention of" re: true meaning of SOO, back when the AFL had SOO the way of determining if someone qualified for a SOO team was that they had spent the majority of their life between the ages of 10 and 17 in a particular state. Lets say someone plays SOO at the age of 25. All they had to do was spend 1 day over 3 and a half years to qualify. About 14% of their life.

Is it really any different/better from the way the NRL does it?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

pussycat wrote:
Rugby League often has thrilling finishes, with matches in doubt right up to the final siren. what about your game?
Umm, clearly you don't watch enough AFL to comment. Take Sydney vs Collingwood last week for instance.
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

I have to give credit to the nrl that does one thing that th AFL cannot do...that is helping to cure insomnia. =D>
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

Grim Reaper wrote:
I have to give credit to the nrl that does one thing that th AFL cannot do...that is helping to cure insomnia. =D>
the AFL should have a health warning before all broadcasts

will cause diarrhoea :cool:
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

Wow that's so original, you must be a credit to the nrl..keep up the good work as your skills we be needed soon in Court to justify another bogan nrl player when the fck up!
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by MarkZZZ »

Grim Reaper wrote:
You must have fallen asleep during last nights AFL game reaper you missed a thrilling finish there, there was a game that was in doubt till the final siren. I was expecting Melbourne to score those 11 goals right up to the final siren and snatch victory. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Grim I seem to recall you reintroducing yourself to this board with words to the affect of 'Be afraid NRL scum be very afraid" yep with remarks and observations like yours above I have wet myself, not from fear but from laughter.

Beau yes that Swans V Collingwood game ended up a goal difference at the end. Where there any of the others that where like that last weekend? There was a game that ended up 4 goals different in the end. I am no AFL aficionado but my best guess that game was done and dusted with more than 5 mins to go. Take a look at the NRL games last night and last weekend 3 ut of the 9 games finished with a converted try or less difference and another 2 out of the nine finished with a difference of 8 and 10 points difference at the end. Now as any NRL follower knows that is very doable in the last 5 mins.

What does all that mean? It means out of the last 9 AFL games only 1 could be considered to of had a thrilling finish that had the fans guessing the outcome with 5 mins to go whereas 5 of the 9 NRL games had results still in doubt with 5 mins to go. Another fact. Stop shooting yourselves in the foot guys.
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

Yaaawwwwnnn sorry I fell off to sleep as I saw you wrote nrl....now what were you saying Man if Drag?
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by MarkZZZ »

Another brilliant comeback, nice one Grim :lol: :lol: :lol: Damn I just wet myself again :lol: :lol: :lol:
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

Nothing new for an nrl lackey as I understand you lot have not been toilet trained and use shop front windows in Manly as restrooms.... #-o
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by MarkZZZ »

I'm off for my afternoon nap now Grim luckily theres a AFL game starting in about 10 mins to help me get to sleep :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

Well if you want a good laugh then tune into the Comedy Channel, they are showing back to back nrl "games".
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by MarkZZZ »

Grim Reaper wrote:
Well if you want a good laugh then tune into the Comedy Channel, they are showing back to back nrl "games".
Oh dear, it gets worse, I thought you could have come up with something better but alas it isn't going to happen, is it?
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

Sounds like your nrl promotions, all hype and no substance
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

Grim Reaper wrote:
Sounds like your nrl promotions, all hype and no substance
and..... even worse still 8-[ :?> :drunk:

a boiled egg is more clever :cool:
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

pussycat wrote:
Rugby League often has thrilling finishes, with matches in doubt right up to the final siren. what about your game?
We have something you don't have - the ability to turn a game around in minutes. That makes up for inherent statistically close scores in NRL games. Close results don't always equal excitement. You only have to look at most 0-0 draws in soccer for the perfect example.

In AFL there is such a thing as a great game that isn't close. There's no such thing in the NRL.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST