Dwindling Crowds for the TOP of the Ladder Melbourne Storm

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

TLPG wrote:
Regional figures don't matter, because if they did the NRL would have got a bigger TV deal than the AFL got last time they went up. Advertisers go with the majority of the population - and that's Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth.

On the Toyota analogy - there is the potential sales as well as actual sales to consider. Logically, 3 states would have more potential sales than 2. Sure, you could throw in population to chuck that aside - but how about travel? WA and SA are more reliant on cars than any other state due to the lower level of public transport by rail. Tasmania as well.

No myths.
Once again, on the issue of of Regional figures, the best you can come up with is your own opinion. I provided you with an article that stated categorically ' that TV Networks are well aware of regional figures'. Also you have never supplied an answer as to why they bother to goto the bother, expense and effort to take these figures if they dont mean didley.

Logically? logically both current and, any potential future sales, would benefit from a larger audience.

How about travel :roll: I think I could come up with figures showing that there are more motor vehicles sold in NSW and Qld than the other states.- Tasmania as well.
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Hammerhead wrote:
What was the average attendance in the first season after Super League, Pussycat?
What is your point? all RL crowds fell. The News Limited takeover of RL, and the events that went with it were a horror period for our game.
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

pussycat wrote:
Once again, on the issue of of Regional figures, the best you can come up with is your own opinion. I provided you with an article that stated categorically ' that TV Networks are well aware of regional figures'. Also you have never supplied an answer as to why they bother to goto the bother, expense and effort to take these figures if they dont mean didley.
I did answer that, and either you didn't see it or you ignored it. I'll be fair and say the former. I said that they take the figures for local advertisers. Have you ever watched a regional channel like WIN or Prime or Southern Cross? The majority of commercials are LOCAL. It's a much smaller pie than advertising space in the capital cities. I never said the Networks weren't aware of the regional figures. They are. And they don't care because when it comes down to brass tacks it's the CITY advertising that brings in more. Especially with digital TV because the minor channels all eminate from the cities. I am yet to see a local add on GEM, GO!, 7Two or 7Mate etc.
pussycat wrote:
How about travel :roll: I think I could come up with figures showing that there are more motor vehicles sold in NSW and Qld than the other states.- Tasmania as well.
If you included Sydney and Brisbane, you're probably right. But I wasn't including them - or Melbourne, Adelaide or Perth for that matter. With everyone trying to go green where they can, trains become popular - which is certainly the case in Victoria. I don't know about NSW but I would assume it has gone the same way as they have enough trains - as do Queensland.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Raiderdave wrote:
meanwhile its main rival ( Rugby League ) has all of the above going the other way
up ... Its unshakeable in its heartland & theres no denying this.
The NRL unshakeable in its so called heartland eh? LOL that would explain the Gold Coast Suns having already taken over the Gold Coast Titans as the number team on the Gold Coast when it comes to crowds, membership etc, etc.

If the NRL is as unshakeable as you put it Raider, why are so many NRL officials (David Gallop being a prime example) and so many NRL journalists so worried about the AFL's expansion into NSW and QLD. Not a week seems to go by without someone from the NRL complaining about the AFL and its plans to expand its appeal in the northern states. The fear is undeniable, that much is clear.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

pussycat wrote:
TLPG wrote:
So being tribalistic is a good thing in other words?

It's not going to get the NRL the same sort of broadcast rights deal as the AFL got!

The NRL failure to get a better TV deal has nothing to do with geographics, but rather the people that have taken over RL.

As I've previously said, its not about having more dots on a map. Advertiser would rather have an audience of 10 not 9 , regardless of location.
Stop talking rubbish. The AFL is a truly national competition recognised by broadcasters, sponsors and Australians alike. The NRL on the other hand is nothing more than a competition based out of Sydney with a few teams scattered around in QLD and teams no one wants or cares for in Victoria and even New Zealand.
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Beaussie wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
meanwhile its main rival ( Rugby League ) has all of the above going the other way
up ... Its unshakeable in its heartland & theres no denying this.
The NRL unshakeable in its so called heartland eh? LOL that would explain the Gold Coast Suns having already taken over the Gold Coast Titans as the number team on the Gold Coast when it comes to crowds, membership etc, etc.

If the NRL is as unshakeable as you put it Raider, why are so many NRL officials (David Gallop being a prime example) and so many NRL journalists so worried about the AFL's expansion into NSW and QLD. Not a week seems to go by without someone from the NRL complaining about the AFL and its plans to expand its appeal in the northern states. The fear is undeniable, that much is clear.
Don't the Swans usually get about 25K to there matches? Do you think there winning the battle?
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

TLPG wrote:
pussycat wrote:
I did answer that, and either you didn't see it or you ignored it. I'll be fair and say the former. I said that they take the figures for local advertisers. Have you ever watched a regional channel like WIN or Prime or Southern Cross? The majority of commercials are LOCAL. It's a much smaller pie than advertising space in the capital cities. I never said the Networks weren't aware of the regional figures. They are. And they don't care because when it comes down to brass tacks it's the CITY advertising that brings in more. Especially with digital TV because the minor channels all eminate from the cities. I am yet to see a local add on GEM, GO!, 7Two or 7Mate etc.
pussycat wrote:
If you included Sydney and Brisbane, you're probably right. But I wasn't including them - or Melbourne, Adelaide or Perth for that matter. With everyone trying to go green where they can, trains become popular - which is certainly the case in Victoria. I don't know about NSW but I would assume it has gone the same way as they have enough trains - as do Queensland.
There is too much traffic in NSW not nearly enough train travel and we don't have trams.

Regional areas are smaller - that's not in dipute, But they stil exist, making up 25% of the market. And as I said, any big bussiness that ignores 25% of its business won't be a big bussiness for long. They do drink beer , shop at woolworths, etc. even in the regionals.
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

Pussycat, all the advertising they get in the regionals from those big advertisers comes from the city. Fact. All advertising in the local media is just that - local. They have to make room for it or those local businesses will go bust, and that will destroy regional Australia.

Big advertisers know that, so they don't care about that 25 percent. What they do in the other 75 percent will flow on anyway through the gaps.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST