Fudgy League at it again with inflated crowd numbers

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Onions
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Onions »

He didn't say "I believe", dunderhead! He STATED that it is common practice! If it's not true then where are the lawyers for the Sydney clubs?
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

Onions wrote:
He didn't say "I believe", dunderhead! He STATED that it is common practice! If it's not true then where are the lawyers for the Sydney clubs?
he also said Salary cap rorting is common & has backed that up with
nothing too

he hasn't made this claim. ..re crowds.. thats what it is .. a claim.. again
& won't

he has no proof ... cos it doesn't happen & has no cred as a result of these continued ridiculous statements

hes still pissed off his beloved team got caught cheating the cap
& thinks by spreading these rumours he'll get back at the NRL

typical pathetic victorian that you'd laugh at if it wasn't so sad ....
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

Raider, either show us once and for all that the NRL clubs don't fudge the figures, or shut up on the subject. I'm on the verge of asking Beau to suspend you, such is your lack of real debating ability here.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by MarkZZZ »

TLPG wrote:
Raider, either show us once and for all that the NRL clubs don't fudge the figures, or shut up on the subject. I'm on the verge of asking Beau to suspend you, such is your lack of real debating ability here.
TLPG what a strange request to put on Raider. Surely it like asking you to show me evidence that you don't mistreat you children (if you have any) otherwise we will find you guilty The onus to provide proof is upon the one making the allegation. It's the old put up or shut up. We are talking solid facts and evidence here, not hearsay.

Awaiting the supply of proof.
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

Beau has already provided the proof, Mark. It's yet to be properly debunked. That was the basis of the challenge, so it's hardly strange. Admissions of guilt by two NRL clubs is pretty damning evidence, along with one of them making it plain that other NRL clubs do it as well.

To use your analogy, a statement has been made by a grandparent that a parent mistreats the grandparent's grandchild. It's now up to the parent concerned to answer the allegation, right?
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by MarkZZZ »

No, if the allegation is made it's up to the person to supply some "Proof" or the allegation is dismissed. Here's another analogy for you. It is alleged that I have stolen a Mars Bar from my corner shop, they take me to court. The judge doesn't ask me to prove my innocence they ask for the prosecution to provide the evidence/proof that I have taken it or I walk away an innocent man and the prosecution chided for bringing a baseless case to court.

Admissions by two is hardly cause for the allegation to me made and accepted that it is widespread or normal practice as has been done on this thread and other parts of the forum.

Where is the proof.
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

Ummm Mark, did you read the articles where the Storm and the Rabbitohs admitted to fudging the numbers? That's a guilty plea to the proverbial "theft of a Mars Bar".
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Yep, it's official, the Melbourne Storm admit to inflating crowd figures as does South Sydney Rabbitohs. Other NRL clubs, particularly Penrith Panthers remain silent to date.
The physical nature of league is not enough to get fans through the gate at AAMI Park in Melbourne, with crowds for the Storm's past three home games failing to reach 10,000.

It was particularly disappointing to see a small crowd on hand last Sunday to acknowledge Storm skipper Cameron Smith, who was playing his 200th game for the club.

Storm chief executive Ron Gauci said the club had been guilty of inflating crowd figures in previous years and that practice had now stopped. I have no doubt the advent of the Melbourne Rebels Super Rugby franchise has had an impact on Storm crowds, along with the loss of star Greg Inglis.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 6067477681
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Beaussie wrote:
Yep, it's official, the Melbourne Storm admit to inflating crowd figures as does South Sydney Rabbitohs. Other NRL clubs, particularly Penrith Panthers remain silent to date.
The physical nature of league is not enough to get fans through the gate at AAMI Park in Melbourne, with crowds for the Storm's past three home games failing to reach 10,000.

It was particularly disappointing to see a small crowd on hand last Sunday to acknowledge Storm skipper Cameron Smith, who was playing his 200th game for the club.

Storm chief executive Ron Gauci said the club had been guilty of inflating crowd figures in previous years and that practice had now stopped. I have no doubt the advent of the Melbourne Rebels Super Rugby franchise has had an impact on Storm crowds, along with the loss of star Greg Inglis.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 6067477681

He said the club had been gulity of it ... " in the past "
& had now stopped
as Have Souths ( that article was 4 seasons old :roll: )

It now doesn't happen & every attendance posted reflect the numbers there :wink:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

It was reported that last weekend the Gold Coast Titans were caught out again fudging their crowd numbers. From all reports the Gold Coast Titans have been doing this all season.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Beaussie wrote:
It was reported that last weekend the Gold Coast Titans were caught out again fudging their crowd numbers. From all reports the Gold Coast Titans have been doing this all season.
it was suggested by a journo
this one was not "official "

& therefore ... It didn't happen
Unless the Titans come out & say so :wink:
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

If they say nothing that's suspicious.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

TLPG wrote:
why do they have to say something ?

some NSW jurno says they're inflating their crowds
A Qlder's response to that would usually be short & sweet
& contain two words... guess what they would be :wink:
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

So have they said them?
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

TLPG wrote:
Exactly. Silence from NRL clubs is not denial, it's acceptance of what has been reported and hoping it will go away quickly.