Fudgy League at it again with inflated crowd numbers

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra
Been liked: 0

Post by Raiderdave »

TLPG wrote:
So have they said them?
the two words

I'd say so :wink:
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

Where? Show us.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

TLPG wrote:
Where? Show us.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

:_<> :(/
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

Thank you, Hammer.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

AFFP wrote:
Beaussie wrote:
TLPG wrote:
If they say nothing that's suspicious.
Exactly. Silence from NRL clubs is not denial, it's acceptance of what has been reported and hoping it will go away quickly.
Quoted for the benefit of Raider Dave.
you still don't get it ? 8-[ :_<> :(/
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

I don't believe this! What's the private joke that you are hiding from the rest of us?
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

TLPG wrote:
I don't believe this! What's the private joke that you are hiding from the rest of us?
you have a read from about the middle of the page of the interaction between you & me

& work it out :wink:
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

I have read from the top. Explain yourself.

Edit - and no personal attacks while you're about it.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

TLPG wrote:
I have read from the top. Explain yourself.

Edit - and no personal attacks while you're about it.
why did you remove my post explaining this
there were no personal attacks in it

if you were made look silly its not my fault that you didn't understand what I was on about , but I did what you asked

now.. put it back up .....
or remove your request for me to explain myself
as I already have , & for you to leave your post there infers I haven't responded .. when I have.
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

You refused to explain it and accused me - well I won't repeat it as it was a personal attack.

I'll say it just once more - explain yourself. Properly.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Just as we all expected. Another 2 NRL clubs caught out fudging the crowd figures.
Titans fans missing in action
Peter Badel
July 24, 201112:00AM

SEATING PLAN: The faltering Gold Coast Titans are having real problems drawing a crowd to their home ground at Skilled Park, Robina. Picture: Adam Head Source: The Sunday Mail (Qld)

THE Titans' crowds crisis could be worse than originally feared.

Stadiums Queensland is about to launch an investigation into a ticketing error that led to almost 14,000 extra fans being added to the club's total attendance at Skilled Park during the past 12 months.

The last-placed Titans insist they have not posted any deliberately inflated attendances.

A malfunction in ticket-scanning machines is believed to be responsible for the error.

As the Titans and AFL's Suns wage a cross-code battle for fans on the Gold Coast, a probe of Stadiums Queensland's most recent annual report uncovered major irregul-arities in the Titans' official home crowd figures.

The 95-page government report, detailing the activities of Queensland's nine big sporting stadiums for the 2009-10 financial year, showed:

* None of the Titans' home crowds announced at 14 games matched the attendances printed in the annual report.

* Thirteen of Gold Coast's 14 games featured inflated attendances.

* The greatest discrepancy was an extra 2209 fans for the Titans' home clash against the Knights last year.

* The Broncos' crowd figures at 11 games were identical to those in the annual report.

* Nine of the Cowboys' 12 games matched crowd figures in the report. Surprisingly, the club twice underquoted crowds.

In the 12-month period, the Titans' total crowds for their 14 home games, according to the annual report, was 237,527.

Yet the club's total attendances based on game-day announcements was 251,324.

The extra 13,979 spectators equates to a beefed-up attendance of nearly 1000 fans, on average, per home game.

On five occasions, the Titans' game-day crowd announcement exceeded the relevant annual report figure by more than 1500 fans.

A Stadiums Queensland spokesman said the organisation would look into the reasons for wildly fluctuating crowd figures at Titans home games.

"The figures are provided by the venue management (Skilled Park) and we've been alerted to the discrepancies in these figures," the spokesman said.

A Titans spokesman attributed the crowd irregularities to faulty scanners at the state-of-the-art, $152 million Skilled Park complex.

"The discrepancies of between as little as 27 at one game and as high as 2209 at another have come about because there are issues with the equipment that scans the number of people in the venue," the club spokesman said.

"There was even one instance where the Skilled Park figure was actually higher than the Titans figure. We believe that Skilled Park and its contractor are working to rectify the discrepancies."

The Broncos, who hire Suncorp Stadium, another SQ-controlled venue, were found to have no discrepancies.

Broncos commercial operations manager Terry Reader said the Broncos paid fees on the crowd they announced - "so you can bet your bottom dollar it is pretty close to the mark".

"We pay a transport levy on the crowd that is announced. The stadium gives us a crowd figure for every game and then we make the announcement," he said.

"We're a publicly listed company, we have an annual report that outlines everything in detail about what we get through the gate, so we're a very transparent club."

Of the Cowboys' 12 home games in the 2009-10 financial year, one featured an inflated crowd of 180, against Canberra in June last year.

"I don't know why a few games didn't match up. We had a problem at the start of the year with Ticketek that we resolved. Four of their scanners weren't working properly, but we adjusted those," Cowboys chief executive Peter Jourdain said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 6100472019
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Beaussie wrote:
Just as we all expected. Another 2 NRL clubs caught out fudging the crowd figures.
Titans fans missing in action
Peter Badel
July 24, 201112:00AM

SEATING PLAN: The faltering Gold Coast Titans are having real problems drawing a crowd to their home ground at Skilled Park, Robina. Picture: Adam Head Source: The Sunday Mail (Qld)

THE Titans' crowds crisis could be worse than originally feared.

Stadiums Queensland is about to launch an investigation into a ticketing error that led to almost 14,000 extra fans being added to the club's total attendance at Skilled Park during the past 12 months.

The last-placed Titans insist they have not posted any deliberately inflated attendances.

A malfunction in ticket-scanning machines is believed to be responsible for the error.

As the Titans and AFL's Suns wage a cross-code battle for fans on the Gold Coast, a probe of Stadiums Queensland's most recent annual report uncovered major irregul-arities in the Titans' official home crowd figures.

The 95-page government report, detailing the activities of Queensland's nine big sporting stadiums for the 2009-10 financial year, showed:

* None of the Titans' home crowds announced at 14 games matched the attendances printed in the annual report.

* Thirteen of Gold Coast's 14 games featured inflated attendances.

* The greatest discrepancy was an extra 2209 fans for the Titans' home clash against the Knights last year.

* The Broncos' crowd figures at 11 games were identical to those in the annual report.

* Nine of the Cowboys' 12 games matched crowd figures in the report. Surprisingly, the club twice underquoted crowds.

In the 12-month period, the Titans' total crowds for their 14 home games, according to the annual report, was 237,527.

Yet the club's total attendances based on game-day announcements was 251,324.

The extra 13,979 spectators equates to a beefed-up attendance of nearly 1000 fans, on average, per home game.

On five occasions, the Titans' game-day crowd announcement exceeded the relevant annual report figure by more than 1500 fans.

A Stadiums Queensland spokesman said the organisation would look into the reasons for wildly fluctuating crowd figures at Titans home games.

"The figures are provided by the venue management (Skilled Park) and we've been alerted to the discrepancies in these figures," the spokesman said.

A Titans spokesman attributed the crowd irregularities to faulty scanners at the state-of-the-art, $152 million Skilled Park complex.

"The discrepancies of between as little as 27 at one game and as high as 2209 at another have come about because there are issues with the equipment that scans the number of people in the venue," the club spokesman said.

"There was even one instance where the Skilled Park figure was actually higher than the Titans figure. We believe that Skilled Park and its contractor are working to rectify the discrepancies."

The Broncos, who hire Suncorp Stadium, another SQ-controlled venue, were found to have no discrepancies.

Broncos commercial operations manager Terry Reader said the Broncos paid fees on the crowd they announced - "so you can bet your bottom dollar it is pretty close to the mark".

"We pay a transport levy on the crowd that is announced. The stadium gives us a crowd figure for every game and then we make the announcement," he said.

"We're a publicly listed company, we have an annual report that outlines everything in detail about what we get through the gate, so we're a very transparent club."

Of the Cowboys' 12 home games in the 2009-10 financial year, one featured an inflated crowd of 180, against Canberra in June last year.

"I don't know why a few games didn't match up. We had a problem at the start of the year with Ticketek that we resolved. Four of their scanners weren't working properly, but we adjusted those," Cowboys chief executive Peter Jourdain said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 6100472019
14K ... over 14 games 995 a game in fact , & the other club had a crowd infalted by ... 180 :?
wow .... what a HUGE difference that makes in both intsnces :roll:
the way you've been carrying on you'd think they'd been doubling their crowds :?

tell me
what happend to that sellout at the AFL on the weekend ?

I thought the new stadium had a capacity of 25K ?
not 23K :?>
& even then .... it didn't look like it was even 20K 8-[ huge blocks of empty seats right from the start that were never filled
spose thats what you get when you pay nothing to get in .. no motivation to go if .... well you have a half decent movie on TV
what was on ... the nutty professor II ... thats a good movie :wink:

still they should be truthful about it :cool:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Raiderdave wrote:
14K ... over 14 games
The Titans have fudged their figures all season. Why do you think they need to do that? It's all about appearances and they are struggling badly. Will no doubt be seeking another handout/bailout from the NRL as we speak. They will fold soon, bringing it to 4 Rugby League teams that have been tried and failed misreably on the Gold Coast. When will the NRL learn. :(/

Exhibit A above. Your typical Gold Coast Titans crowd. :(/ :(/ :(/
Raiderdave wrote:
tell me
New record crowd set for any sporting code on the Gold Coast at Gold Coast Stadium. :thumbleft:

Highest Crowd: 23,302 - 23/07/11: AFL: Gold Coast v Collingwood
http://austadiums.com/stadiums/stadiums.php?id=31
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Beaussie wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
14K ... over 14 games
The Titans have fudged their figures all season. Why do you think they need to do that? It's all about appearances and they are struggling badly. Will no doubt be seeking another handout/bailout from the NRL as we speak. They will fold soon, bringing it to 4 Rugby League teams that have been tried and failed misreably on the Gold Coast. When will the NRL learn. :(/

Exhibit A above. Your typical Gold Coast Titans crowd. :(/ :(/ :(/
Raiderdave wrote:
tell me
New record crowd set for any sporting code on the Gold Coast at Gold Coast Stadium. :thumbleft:

Highest Crowd: 23,302 - 23/07/11: AFL: Gold Coast v Collingwood
http://austadiums.com/stadiums/stadiums.php?id=31

did you not claim it was a sellout weeks indvance?
it was not officially , & in reality .. it wasn't even close to being full .. what happened :|
Onions
Has thanked: 0

Post by Onions »

Metricon Stadium's capacity is fucking 25K, Raider Boy!

I call that fucking full!