silent but deadly....

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

What about adding SA, Victoria and Tasmania?

Oh of course you can't - because you know it will prove me right.

Besides, I'll bet those figures don't include Auskick - which is a major contributor to AFL figures in a worthy survey.

Your arrogance is blinding you.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Oh man ok give me a minute and I'll find the figures.

I'm sure government dept survey's into sports participation do include Auskick. Dont be an idiot.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

Typical retort from a loser. The WA figures quote "organised sport". Auskick isn't organised sport so it wasn't counted. It's a social setting for youngsters to learn to play the game. Count it - and the percentage would jump markedly.

Been a part of that?

Thought not.

I have.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Sports with most participants

In 2009, the most popular sport for children was swimming with a participation rate of 19% (502,900). This was followed by outdoor soccer at 13% (360,400) and Australian Rules football at 9% (235,100). For boys, the most popular sports were outdoor soccer (20% or 277,800), swimming (17% or 240,100) and Australian Rules football (16% or 223,700). In comparison, the sports most popular among girls were swimming (20% or 262,800), netball (17% or 225,000) and gymnastics (8% or 101,200). (Table 1)

Frequency and duration

For the 1.7 million children who participated in organised sport, it is estimated that outside of school hours:

* they participated in sport (playing and training) on average 70 times in the 12 month period (Table 11)

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf ... enDocument

Sorry it took awhile, internet cut out here.

And there's the national stats folks. I have been a part of Auskick while I was working in Alice Springs TLPG. It was a great experience and definitely what I would define as 'organised sport.

Please note that under the Frequency and Duration heading that organised sport participation consists of playing and training. Ofcourse the auskickers were counted!

Game over TLPG

And to think after all those years umpiring and all your experience you never knew.

Never mind, chin up.

:)

xman wrote:
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

Organised sport is defined as competitive sport. Competition either in teams or as individuals for the purpose of winning and losing. Training for a similar purpose would also apply.

Auskick is not played for premiership points, and therefore is not counted. That's all about learning the game and having fun doing it. As you would understand if I choose to believe you about being a part of an Auskick programme.

Stop fighting a losing battle.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

TLPG wrote:
Organised sport is defined as competitive sport.
Did you conduct this research? Find me the proof in their methodology which states that Auskick was left out because they defined it as competitive sport. Then I might think about it.

But I know you wont do this because you never produce facts, you make them up!

To me it's simple, organised sport is organised sport, Auskick is organised sport. Aussie Rules footy is behind soccer in participation rates for juniors and seniors.

xman wrote:
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

You're lying and your bias against AFL is showing and badly. I don't need to provide evidence to prove what I have seen with my own eyes. State governments and authorities do not regard Auskick as an organised sport. Organised football as far as they are concerned are games that are playing for premiership points. Auskick is not.

How many games of football did you play? How many have you seen live? How many junior games have you been involved with? And over what time period has that all been?

PS - Yes Soccer is winning the senior numbers (I wish the AFL would see that). It's not winning the junior numbers at Auskick level and a couple of age levels up from that.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

You ask completely irrelevant unrelated questions. So I wont bother answering them. I unlike you have no need to boast :wink:

And you dont provide any evidence to back up what you state :blahblah:

Game over.

xman wrote:
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

King-Eliagh wrote:
You ask completely irrelevant unrelated questions. So I wont bother answering them. I unlike you have no need to boast :wink:
I win. The questions were perfectly relevant and your refusal to answer is a perfect demonstration of your lack of understanding of the game.

And don't PM me again.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Here's my relevant answer.

Just called the Australian Bureau of Stats :D He said of course auskick was recognised as an 'organised' sport. I felt like an idiot but then I remembered who the real idoiot was.

It was up to the participants of the survey to list what sport their children played. Auskick was listed by thousands of parents nation wide and listed as AFL in the junior stats.

I know you wont believe me TLPG so here's their number. 1300 135 070
Give them a call they're quite friendly and helpful :D

Now a reflective moment if I may. It's been a long battle and I've come out on top. I commend you TLPG on your tenacity but you have always looked the loser in this thread. But still at least you had a go, which is a lot better than most on these pages nowadays.

And personally I must say I dont feel great about demolishing TLPG. The old saying "he who argues with a fool is a fool" is kindof appropriate. TLPG you are the clown prince, the village idiot and I by association am a fool, although obviously the smarter and more honest of the pair.

Atleast the members here at TF have the truth posted.

Signing off,

King-Eliagh,

The bringer of fact and common sense to talking footy since 2004.

xman wrote:
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

You made no such phone call.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

I knew you wouldn't believe it. But to utterly and completely prove you to be the phony you are, I did call them. The number is correct and provided for you TLPG, call it :wink: anyone should feel free to call, they'll be happy to help.

For all your national footy needs!

Just ask King-Eliagh

:cool:

xman wrote:
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

I won't waste my time. I've got better things to do - like support our great game which is more than you do.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Ahhh submission, finally TLPG you've backed down.

So to get things finally straight in this god forsaken thread. Soccer has the most Junior and Senior participants in the nation. But even so do we see it as a potential threat to the AFL or NRL? At the moment I'd have to say I dont think so.

KE,

Supporter of NRL and AFL football. And all round honest bloke.

:)

xman wrote:
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

You are a liar, cheat and con-artist. I didn't back down. You can't prove me wrong and you gave up.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST