2009 AFL Tipping Competition

Australian Football news and discussion.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

LOL you've been leading the competition for how long now?
Pickles
Seniors
Seniors
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Pickles »

Beaussie wrote:
LOL you've been leading the competition for how long now?
I told you I would choke.

Could have sworn I tipped Freo though, tipped them in every other comp I'm in.

FML :cry:
rosize
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by rosize »

Yes! I tipped Carlton as well....cost me 2 points. I think Carlton are as brittle as Port. I reckon the Hawks will hammer Port this weekend. Already have money on it at $1.50.

For a long shot, maybe WCE will beat Essendon. Worth a line bet!
Pickles
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by Pickles »

The North Melbourne line looks good this week imo.

Also interested in beaussies opinion on the Swans this week. Saints 1-39 @ $2.44 - On the SCG I think thats value.

This should probably be in a thread of its own
rosize
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by rosize »

I'd stay away from North. They just have no form. The Swans are not much chop at home or away. Put your money on the Saints 40+ points. In recent times they have only beaten Port and WCE at home. Neither of those teams is playing well away from home.....especially Port.
Pickles
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by Pickles »

They've only lost one game at home though. St Kilda will win but Under 39.5 @ $2.40 is decent in my opinion.

I did stay away from North. I like the way Carlton have built up to this game. They could come out and smash them...but im not going to risk it.

Brisbane line is good. I dont think theres a great deal of difference between the two sides.

Also Geelong under 39.5 @ $2.22 :cool:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Pickles wrote:
The North Melbourne line looks good this week imo.

Also interested in beaussies opinion on the Swans this week. Saints 1-39 @ $2.44 - On the SCG I think thats value.

This should probably be in a thread of its own
I realise our efforts in recent weeks have been pretty woeful, particularly against the Dees on the weekend. Oh god, that was hard to watch.

I'm still however feeling confident we can overcome the Saints at the SCG and cause a massive upset. Am I just being silly and one eyed? Time will tell I guess.
rosize
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by rosize »

I'm still however feeling confident we can overcome the Saints at the SCG and cause a massive upset.
I almost fell off my chair when I read this.....then I read the rest of your post. They are at least playing at home. But the Saints are very goooooood! Still, be a faithful supporter....just don't tip them.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

rosize wrote:
I'm still however feeling confident we can overcome the Saints at the SCG and cause a massive upset.
I almost fell off my chair when I read this.....then I read the rest of your post. They are at least playing at home. But the Saints are very goooooood! Still, be a faithful supporter....just don't tip them.
I hear ya. Sadly I've been tipping with my heart and not my brain all season in the AFL tipping the Swans week in week out. Hasn't helped my tipping. :cry:

Hope the Saints go easy on us. We usually do have close games and match up well on them. They have improved a hell of a lot since round 1 though. Could be nasty if we play like we have been in recent weeks.
rosize
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by rosize »

Beaussie, I think I owe the Swans (and you) an apology. The Swans may not have won but they went oh so close. I didn't see the game, but they do not seem to have played as poorly as they did against Melbourne last week. There is hope after all.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Yes, whilst the loss is heartbreaking, there was lots of promise shown tonight with some of the younger Swans and there is certainly alot to look forward to next season. As I said previously, we seem to match up well on the Saints. Our away from home record is still a real concern though with us having gone the entire season so far without a win away from home (beside Canberra which I reckon is basically a home game for us).

Oh well, our slim chances of finals this season are over. Time to look forward to next season.
kaskill
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by kaskill »

does saint kildas game in the elements saturday night back up my theory that they will struggle when not playing under their precious roof?? what will happen if it rains on the poor little saints?? haha i look forward to finals time =P~
Pickles
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by Pickles »

Second week in a row I've stuffed up the two point game. I knew it was a risk tipping Brisbane though...

Bit of a relief now that I dont have to try hold onto the lead though, the pressure is on zachary :cool:

Made a few nice bets on the weekend though, definitely nail-bitters! Brisbane let me down though.

1 unit on St Kilda 1-39 @ 2.40
2 units on Geelong 1-39 @ 2.22
1 unit Brisbane +19.5 @ 1.91
1 Unit on SYDNEY/ST KILDA Total match points over 165.5 @ $1.90
dogmaniac
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by dogmaniac »

st kilda have nothing this week, hawks by 24.
Bulldogs: new breed , new title!!!!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Pickles how could you not tip your beloved Blues against the Cats? :?