Australia's Batting Slump

Whether it be cricket, golf, basketball, tennis, boxing or any other sport - this is the place for you.
larn67
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Australia's Batting Slump

Post by larn67 »

Firstly I would like to congratulate India, for winning the Commonwealth Bank ODI Series. It was great to see Sachin batting up to his regular standards. The bowlers were superb.

Is it time that Australia takes a leaf out of India's book, and start rotating more younger players in our side? In my opinion, I think India were certainly the more flexible side, being able to re-shuffle their line ups with some surprising inclusions, with some equally surprising results.

Australia's line ups were predictable. Shouldn't the selectors be following the State Cricket more closely, and promote outstanding talents into our International side??

Ricky Ponting, I believe, needs to point the finger back at himself, with regards to the current batting slump. His appalling efforts throughout this series, along with Adam Gilchrist's eon long retirement show, have definately hampered and perhaps even distracted the team's performance and more favourable outcomes.

Well that's my beef with the cricket world, I would be interested to know what others think.

:)
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

India certainly do look great with a bright future assured through their younger players. Second game the other night was great viewing.
larn67
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by larn67 »

Thanks for your input. The second game was indeed a delight to watch. :D