Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Are the Melbourne ( Storm ) the best.

Post by David.C-Mighty Manly 1st »

:roll: Does anyone have any thoughts about the Melbourne Storm being
the best team this year.

My thoughts i would say not, My Mighty Manly Sea-Eagles team are up
their with them and i believe we have the forwards and some classy
backs to match them. I have to say both teams can get better.

David Eagles4Ever 1st 4 Me
dogsact

Post by dogsact »

Ummm, I'd say the ladder positions suggest The Storm have been the best side this year. Their last two wins have been excellent, and they are slowly getting back many of their injured stars. The Storm will only get stronger from here on and will have the drive to win it more after last years GF loss. The Storm i believe rank no.1 in both offence and defence.

Manly had a 13-12 (i think) home win against them but I don't think that will count for much come finals.

The Storm is hungry! :twisted:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

This may be silly but I'm tipping the Roosters this weekend to cause an upset against the Storm. Manly would have to be the best change of winning the premiership this year in a likely GF against the Storm.
yeenar69
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by yeenar69 »

some of the wins they only just got away with and they were teams they wwere expected to cane so NO
dogsact

Post by dogsact »

yeenar69 wrote:
some of the wins they only just got away with and they were teams they wwere expected to cane so NO
So are you saying the Storm are better or Manly?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Beaussie wrote:
This may be silly but I'm tipping the Roosters this weekend to cause an upset against the Storm.
Wish I could tip like this more often during the season. :(
Macarthur Saints
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by Macarthur Saints »

I had a incling that the Roosters would get up this weekend, so much so i made my first TAB bet this year, i put $5 on them and the rest is known....

Answering the question, the Storm are currently the best team, the table says so, but Manly are a form team who could just snuff this one out.....

Should be a good run home with The Storm hitting a slight hurdle and Manly teeth grinding the Eels in a great game today. That would make it 6 from 7... with 1 to go tomorrow.

Hopefully i'll climb that tipping comp 1 position this week, look out BrizDaz and positions 1 to 6, i'm coming homeeeeee. :wink:
ddzoo
Team:

Post by ddzoo »

I think the competition is wide open, as shown by results this weekend. Any team would be capable of beating another team, including the Storm, on any given day. Beware the wounded broncos, players coming back in the lead up to the finals.
dogsact

Post by dogsact »

If a loss is a hurdle, so be it. The Storm will not lose another game this year. Good call by the way Beaussie.
please dont try it again. ha ha
Yamirra19
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by Yamirra19 »

storm suck
yeenar69
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by yeenar69 »

hope sharks give them a caning this weekend too and as for Sea Eagles well as an original western suburbs fan we all know who they did not like too well hehehhehehe

Go wests tigers ... yep disapointed at the result tonight but hey can someone not let Steve Clarke ref another game this year grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Macarthur Saints
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by Macarthur Saints »

Has the Storms bubble burst. Hmmmmmm..

Loosing against the Roosters and justtttttt beating the Sharks tells me 2 things.

1.They are weakening.

2.They are resting and dropping intensity cruising through it all and building momentum towards the finals.
dogsact

Post by dogsact »

More the latter option I think. They have been resting players, trying players in new positions etc. Though they would still be a bit concerned with their form, especially their starts, which was their strength early in the year. I think their desire to win after last years GF loss will see the momentum pick up again. Injured players now have a few games under their belt also.
yeenar69
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by yeenar69 »

Storm are gone :P I hope :mrgreen:
dogsact

Post by dogsact »

THe loss of Matt King for 2 weeks and Steve Turner out for the rest of the year with a knee injury certainly will make things interesting.