OMG Ever Seen a Pig this Big?

Society, politics, culture and everything and anything that doesn't fit on the other boards.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

OMG Ever Seen a Pig this Big?

Post by Beaussie »

Fair dinkum, I didn't think a pig could grow so big. :shock:
Child kills giant pig
May 27, 2007
http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/child- ... 36704.html

That's no porky ... Jamison Stone, 11, poses with the wild pig he killed near Delta, Alabama last month.
Photo: AP/Melynne Stone

An 11-year-old boy used a pistol to kill a wild pig his father says weighed a staggering 476 kilograms and measured 2.74 metres, from the tip of its snout to the base of its tail.

If the claims are accurate, Jamison Stone's trophy boar would be bigger than "Hogzilla", the famed wild pig killed in south Georgia in 2004.

Hogzilla originally was thought to weigh 453.6 kilograms and measure 3.6 metres long. National Geographic experts who unearthed its remains believe the animal actually weighed about 362.8 kilograms and was 2.4 metres long.

Regardless of the comparison, Jamison is revelling in the attention over his pig.

"It feels really good," Jamison said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press. "It's a good accomplishment. I probably won't ever kill anything else that big."

Jamison, who killed his first deer at age five, was hunting with father Mike Stone and two guides in east Alabama on May 3. He said he shot the huge animal eight times with a .50-calibre revolver and chased it for three hours through hilly woods before finishing it off with a point-blank shot.

Through it all, there was the fear that the animal would turn and charge them, as wild boars have a reputation for doing.

"I was a little bit scared, a little bit excited," said Jamison.

His father said that, just to be extra safe, he and the guides had high-powered rifles aimed and ready to fire in case the beast, with 12-centimetre tusks, decided to charge.

Trees had to be cut down and a backhoe brought in to bring Jamison's prize out of the woods.

It was hauled on a truck to the Clay County Farmers Exchange, where Jeff Kinder said they used his scale, recently calibrated, to weigh the pig.

Mike Stone said the scale balanced one notch past the 476 kilogram mark.

"It probably weighed 1,060 pounds. We were just afraid to change it once the story was out," he said.

The pig's head is being mounted by taxidermist Jerry Cunningham.

"It's huge," Cunningham said. "It's just the biggest thing I've ever seen."

Mike Stone is having sausage made from the rest of the animal. "We'll probably get 500 to 700 pounds (317.5 kilograms)," he said.

Jamison, meanwhile, has been offered a small part in The Legend of Hogzilla, a small-time horror film based on the tale of the Georgia boar. The movie is holding casting calls with plans to begin filming in Georgia.
Willis 21
Captain
Captain
Team:
Been liked: 0

Post by Willis 21 »

Well, I remember this Channel 10 Swans ad from a couple of years ago , and this bloke waving a big red and white flag... :D
dogsact
Has thanked: 0

Post by dogsact »

Is that Casey Donovan? :twisted:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Willis 21 wrote:
Well, I remember this Channel 10 Swans ad from a couple of years ago , and this bloke waving a big red and white flag... :D
Hahaha. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Pickles
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by Pickles »

Willis 21
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by Willis 21 »

The kid is standing a few feet back from the pig in the foreground to make it look bigger than what it really is...

The kids father has started up site...

http://www.monsterpig.com/

Some of the negative comments there are pretty funny...
yeenar69
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by yeenar69 »

dogsact wrote:
I suppose uyour perfect in everyway ... just lacking in any form of compassion for others other than yourself :roll:
dogsact

Post by dogsact »

yeenar69 wrote:
dogsact wrote:
I suppose uyour perfect in everyway ... just lacking in any form of compassion for others other than yourself :roll:
Why single mine out, there is no difference in my poking a little fun at CD than anyone elses poking fun at plugger.

Im far from perfect, but thank christ I still have my sense of humour.

Honestly tell me you have never made a jibe at someone elses expense. It's not always meant seriously.

Would you be taking her corner if said It looked like Rosie O'donnell? Or Oprah? Or is it just because she is aboriginal?
yeenar69
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by yeenar69 »

No because she is a woman and I would do the same for Rosie and Oprah ... but I guess you wouldn't understand BTW Casey is related to my Nieces and Nephew #-o
LisaJ
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by LisaJ »

Found this http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/article ... ?from=top5#

So-called 'Monster Pig' had another name - Fred
June 2, 2007 - 12:48PM

The huge hog that became known as "Monster Pig" after being killed by an 11-year-old boy had another name: Fred.

Far from wild, the 450 kilogram pig had been raised on an Alabama farm and was sold to the Lost Creek Plantation just four days before it was shot there in a 60 hectare fenced area, the animal's former owner said.

Phil Blissitt told The Anniston Star newspaper in a story today that he bought the six-week-old pig in 2004 as a Christmas gift for his wife, Rhonda, and that they sold it after deciding to get rid of all their pigs.

"I just wanted the truth to be told. That wasn't a wild pig," Rhonda Blissitt said.

Jamison Stone shot the huge hog during what he and his father described as a three-hour chase. They said it was 2.7 metres long.

"We were told that it was a feral hog," Mike Stone told the Star, "and we hunted it on the pretense that it was a feral hog."

Telephone messages left with Eddy Borden, the owner of Lost Creek Plantation, were not immediately returned.

The Blissitts said they did not know the hog was Fred until they were contacted by a game warden for the Alabama Department of Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries. The agency determined that no laws were violated in the hunt.

Phil Blissitt said he became irritated when he learned that some thought the photo of Fred was doctored.

"That was a big hog," he said.

Stone said he and his son met Blissitt today.

Blissitt said the pig had become a nuisance and that visitors were often frightened by it, Stone said.

"He was nice enough to tell my son that the pig was too big and needed killing," Stone said. "He shook Jamison's hand and said he did not kill the family pet."

AP
dogsact

Post by dogsact »

Typical redneck assholes. Why is an 11 yo allowed a gun in this day and age. I grew up in the country and was not allowed to touch a rifle until I was 16. Even then I was forbidden to shoot any living thing with it. I have a huge dislike of guns now and for sure my kids would never be allowed to be near one.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

I saw a headline yesterday about the NSW Shooters Party pushing for 10 year olds to be issued a gun licence. 10 years old. #-o
portu1234
Team:

Post by portu1234 »

witch ones the pig hahahahaah :lol:
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team: