Good luck to the country kids from NSW

Australian Football news and discussion.
yeenar69
Seniors
Seniors
Team:
Been liked: 0

Good luck to the country kids from NSW

Post by yeenar69 »

ON Sunday at the Kangaroos V Melbourne game at the MCG some of our Koori kids from the central west will be playing at half time

The kids will be playing on the 40th Anniversary of the Referendum that gave ABoriginal Australians citizenship in our country a great experience and good luck to our kids
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Sound great and how exciting would it be for the kids to play on the MCG. Wonder why it's the Kangaroos v Melbourne game and not the Dreamtime at the G game between Essendon and Richmond?
LisaJ
Reserves
Reserves
Team:
Has thanked: 0

Post by LisaJ »

Because at the Richmond v Essendon game they will be having the Rumbulara football club v the Tiwi Islanders before the game, then during it the AusKick kids will play...

I will be at the game, I will take some pics for you all..
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

Must be an under age game between Rumbalara and the Tiwi Islands, because the seniors are playing Deniliquin at home this Saturday.

Should be a good game that one though!
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
yeenar69
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by yeenar69 »

LisaJ wrote:
Because at the Richmond v Essendon game they will be having the Rumbulara football club v the Tiwi Islanders before the game, then during it the AusKick kids will play...

The Koori kids were part of the Auskick program too both my children do it
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

LisaJ wrote:

I see. Have fun at the game. :wink:
LisaJ
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by LisaJ »

yeenar69 wrote:
LisaJ wrote:

The Koori kids were part of the Auskick program too both my children do it
I didn't say they weren't. I was just saying that during the half time the AusKick Program will be the entertainment..just like it is in every other week...Its the before game match that is the main game ie: Rumbulara v Tiwi Islands..
yeenar69
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by yeenar69 »

no worriesapparently they will play half time in Sydney also some time this year
LisaJ
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by LisaJ »

TLPG wrote:
Must be an under age game between Rumbalara and the Tiwi Islands, because the seniors are playing Deniliquin at home this Saturday.

Should be a good game that one though!
Is that Rumbalara your talking about? I honestly don't know what grade they are, just said on the program, Rumbalara v Tiwi Islanders, and a couple of the ppl here where I am wanted to go see the game cos they know ppl in the Tiwi side...
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

Rumbalara play in the Murray Football League in country Victoria. They have two open age teams and at least one junior team (I haven't checked the MFL junior fixtures).
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
LisaJ
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by LisaJ »

Saw the game between the Tiwi's and Rumbulara, the Tiwi's were fantastic, not saying Rumblara wasn't but the Tiwi's were run away winners...

The game last night was good, well wasn't as good as it should have been, but it was a nailbiter at the end. The boys from the Tiwi Islands sat up near the score board and were freezing, as were some of my QLDer friends, but we all had great views.

The little Koorie Kids played in the centre of the ground for the AusKick performance in their Essendon and Richmond colours, and the pre-entertainment was fantasic...had a really great night last night, despite the cold...
yeenar69
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by yeenar69 »

thanks for the update LisaJ
dogsact

Post by dogsact »

LisaJ wrote:
Saw the game between the Tiwi's and Rumbulara, the Tiwi's were fantastic, not saying Rumblara wasn't but the Tiwi's were run away winners...
I got in abou half time of the Tiwi Islanders game. God damn these guys are exciting to watch. They absolutley schooled Rumblara, final margin in excess of 100 points.

I agree on the game too, as exciting of a finish as ive ever seen. Ruined only by the influence of the umpires. The free kick against Richo was harsh but it was there. It was a nice payback from the umps keeping Richmond in it all night with terrible calls.
Scorger Man
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Richmond Tigers

Re: Good luck to the country kids from NSW

Post by Scorger Man »

[quote="yeenar69"]ON Sunday at the Kangaroos V Melbourne game at the MCG some of our Koori kids from the central west will be playing at half time

I heard about that through on of my mates whos son was taking a team from Wello down, How good is it to see that the invitation wasn't just for AFL dominated states. Then to expereince the rush of the senior footy game, especially with a one point ball game!

PS. that was the only game I missed in the tipping comp :cry:
yeenar69
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by yeenar69 »

apparently it will be televised and he wasn't a Peachey who told you by any chance :P