Who's your favourite tubby cricketer

Whether it be cricket, golf, basketball, tennis, boxing or any other sport - this is the place for you.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Who's your favourite tubby cricketer

Post by King-Eliagh »

Just saw Inzamam Ul Haq on the news. He's put on some weight and I say good on him. I love seeing the fat guys playing at the top level of their sport. It's so against the fitness aspect that is a crucial part in most sports.

I've always had a soft spot for Warney and his antics, just hilarious. And I've noticed he's put some weight back on since his doping conviction, and as a result I swear he's bowling better. What do you guys think?

Some others include big Mervin, Taylor, Botham and the king Booney!

But my favourite has to be Ranatunga. I loved watching him leaning on his bat at the non strikers end and walking half the pitch for singles in onedayers. Who's your pick?

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Boon for me. He's a legendary drinker in the skies from what I've heard.
Dizzys_on_fire
Reserves
Reserves
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Dizzys_on_fire »

Beaussie wrote:
Boon for me. He's a legendary drinker in the skies from what I've heard.
Correct. Apparently he holds some sort of drinking record for the trip to England. It's anyone's guess as to exactly how many, but knowing what Boony's like....:lol:
Jason Gillespie - 54* (155)

Formerly Uppy80
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Legend has it he knocked back 47 tinnies. Unsure whether they were full size or not but still a top effort. You know of any other tubby cricketers i havent listed dizzy?? I'm positive there's more. Booneys record is good but I heard Kerry O'keefe on the radio the other day talking about that famous player from the 60's who used to drink a heap, what was his name again? He used to down 10 to 12 drinks each night of the tests. Said it helped is nerves the following morning. Dont think itd do the same for me haha

xman wrote:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

King-Eliagh wrote:
He used to down 10 to 12 drinks each night of the tests. Said it helped is nerves the following morning.
10-12 drinks prior to a game the next day. :shock:
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

Remember that weak-backed Bruce Reid? Well he's a porker now, apparently.

Don't know how his game is going though! :lol:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Hmm, as you probably know my knowledge of the game and players is not the best, but was Reid a tall fella who use to bowl for Australia? :?
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

Beaussie wrote:
Hmm, as you probably know my knowledge of the game and players is not the best, but was Reid a tall fella who use to bowl for Australia? :?
Yes, a lanky, thin sandgroper who's career was cut tragically short through injury.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Booneys record is good but I heard Kerry O'keefe on the radio the other day talking about that famous player from the 60's who used to drink a heap, what was his name again? He used to down 10 to 12 drinks each night of the tests. Said it helped is nerves the following morning. Dont think itd do the same for me haha
Doug Walters! Finally remembered that friggin name. What a freak of a player and to know the bugger was hungover for most of it just makes him more of a legend.

xman wrote: