McVeigh's Fine

Australian Football news and discussion.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

McVeigh's Fine

Post by Beaussie »

McVeigh apologises, accepts fine
22 April 2007 Herald-Sun
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/ ... 64,00.html

Essendon's Mark McVeigh has apologised and accepted a $900 fine for making a one-fingered gesture to a section of the Telstra Dome crowd yesterday...

Essendon coach Kevin Sheedy yesterday pleaded for McVeigh not to be fined, as the authorities doing so would be "sanitising" the game and taking out some of the fun between players and the crowd.
I tend to agree with Sheeds here. Thoughts?
dogsact
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by dogsact »

I agree too, but on the back of all the player behaviour issues I expected him to get a bigger fine. I think he will be relieved at $900.

As soon as I saw him do it on TV, I laughed and thought "Get out your wallet son, thats gunna cost ya".
TommyWood
Team:

Post by TommyWood »

McVeigh is a very lucky man coming off last weekends controversy. So you only cop $900 for telling the WOMEN & men in the crowd to get F#%#%D ?
dogsact
Has thanked: 0

Post by dogsact »

Ive heard no reports of him saying that, and did not see him say that. I saw the finger only. Besides some of the women in the AFL crowds spew out more filth than most of the blokes. Whoever it was aimed at probably deserved it. lol
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

TommyWood wrote:
McVeigh is a very lucky man coming off last weekends controversy. So you only cop $900 for telling the WOMEN & men in the crowd to get F#%#%D ?
Not sure if any of you caught Offsiders on the ABC on Sunday morning, but the point was made about the current AFL endorsed 7-Eleven slurpee camapign. Take a look at the advertising below and tell us what you think in light of the fine for McVeigh.