Selwood's Slur Against Headland

Australian Football news and discussion.
crocodileman
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Selwood's Slur Against Headland

Post by crocodileman »

Interested in peoples thoughts in regard to Sellwood's comments. Clearly this guy was known as a 'cleanskin' (as was his 2 brothers) before this incident.
dogsact

Post by dogsact »

:|
Last edited by dogsact on Tue May 01, 2007 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
boof1978
Rookie
Rookie
Team:

Post by boof1978 »

Can't beleive Headland got off, Selwood should take this issue all the way. His reputation is screwed. Where do you draw the line now, 'oh he called me a motherf%^&er' I'm very hurt I'm going to punch you and get away with it. Another Demetriouism which will cause this game to be as sterile as anything. Next spectators wont be able to boo the opposition or cheer when the opposition do something wrong. Idiots. If Selwood was found to have said what was alleged thats fair enough but because its unfounded surely there should be repercussuions. Good work by Freo to deflect the issue straight away to the Josh Carr V Daniel Chick episode, Hope they enjoy 0-4.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Must admit it does seem strange that Selwood is found not guilty, yet the AFL Tribunal says Headland was provoked to strike him and hence is also not guilty. Strange logic.
Willis 21
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by Willis 21 »

Its the typical AFL way to handle problems...

Take no action, stick your head in the sand,hope the incident goes away and that everyone forgets about it....

This method worked wonders with Cousens and the Eagles didn't it??
punisher
Team:

Post by punisher »

sledging has its limits, selwood obviously crossed the line, he should be banned FOREVER. I'm just a swans supporter :)
boof1978
Rookie
Rookie
Team:

Post by boof1978 »

Have to eat my words in regards to Freo being 0-4. Oops! Good work Pavlich though for AFL dream team, 150 odd points
dogsact

Post by dogsact »

boof1978 wrote:
Have to eat my words in regards to Freo being 0-4. Oops! Good work Pavlich though for AFL dream team, 150 odd points
Yep, Gotta love Pav's work, I've always said if he were a Victorian based player he would be rated better than Nic Riewoldt. I have yet to see Riewoldt take a game by the scruff of the neck like Pavlich does time and time again.