Go Pakistan

Whether it be cricket, golf, basketball, tennis, boxing or any other sport - this is the place for you.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Go Pakistan

Post by Beaussie »

Top effort Salman, 103 and still going. I want to see Australia get beat for once.

*ducks for cover*
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Ah shit. Spoke to soon. Salman out for 108. Damn Aussies.
Dizzys_on_fire
Reserves
Reserves
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Dizzys_on_fire »

Paki's 9-290 something after being 1-193. I could see it coming. Why? Becuase they do it every freekin time.

Well bowled MacGill. Took an early hammering but kept his chin up and was rewarded heavilly.

Pakistan were offered the light in the end and decided to leave the field. I hate that rule with a passion. In fact, i'll start a thread on it sometime soon and raise my concerns about it, may also include a poll.
Jason Gillespie - 54* (155)

Formerly Uppy80
crocodileman
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by crocodileman »

Dizzys_on_fire wrote:
Paki's 9-290 something after being 1-193. I could see it coming. Why? Becuase they do it every freekin time.

Well bowled MacGill. Took an early hammering but kept his chin up and was rewarded heavilly.

Pakistan were offered the light in the end and decided to leave the field. I hate that rule with a passion. In fact, i'll start a thread on it sometime soon and raise my concerns about it, may also include a poll.
Yeah I heard that pommy commentator (Nichols I think) say that it is not fair to spectators depriving them of entertainment. However, Dizzi, in this regard I am a traditionalist and believe that if the light is suspect, batsmen must be given the option of leaving the field. I'm not claiming that poor light can be a danger to batsmen in some circumstances, however, it does increase their chances of being dismissed.

Also, for those who say that if a spinner bowls there is no reason to leave the field, I disagree. A batsman should be able to read the ball out of their hand to pick up different deliveries- this is imperative to their chances of survival against top spinners.

This doesn't mean that I agree in all instances with offering light, but with international umpires officiating and no "local" umpire with knowledge of conditions, we are going to see much more of batsmen being offered the light.