Lee left out.....of the squad this time.

Whether it be cricket, golf, basketball, tennis, boxing or any other sport - this is the place for you.
Dizzys_on_fire
Reserves
Reserves
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Lee left out.....of the squad this time.

Post by Dizzys_on_fire »

Yes, Brett Lee has been left out again. This time, however, out of the entire squad. He's been replaced by Stuart McGill and Shane Watson. All I can say is....what a waste. Bad for Australian cricket and the fans IMHO.

:roll:
Jason Gillespie - 54* (155)

Formerly Uppy80
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

Dizzi, I believe that the reason he is out of the squad is so that he can play domestically for NSW against WA at the WACA next week to allow him some game time.

I agree though, it is a tragic waste of talent and other nations would be drooling if they had a bowler as half as good as Lee. You here the Brits raving about Harmison, but he is not in the same league as Brett Lee.

I like Kasper, but despite his heroics over the last year, the selectors should really not have myopic vision and look 18 months into the future - Kasper will not be vying for a spot then, but Lee will!
MG

Post by MG »

brett is a great cricketer. i thought he must have been injured on the tour of india as ive only seen him play once since. he must have rubbed a selector up the wrong way or something like that.
Dizzys_on_fire
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by Dizzys_on_fire »

crocodileman wrote:
Dizzi, I believe that the reason he is out of the squad is so that he can play domestically for NSW against WA at the WACA next week to allow him some game time.
Fair enough I suppose. He hasn't had much game time at all, apart from a couple of One Dayers against the Kiwis, so a bit of domestic cricket and practice out in the middle should do him no harm. Certainly a change from the monotony of bowling in the nets.

However, I'd much rather see him get some game time and match practice by actually playing for Australia instead of NSW :(
Jason Gillespie - 54* (155)

Formerly Uppy80