AFL on Triple M in Sydney and Brisbane
Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:23 am
Triple M will expand its AFL broadcast in next year's home-and-away season, by adding Sydney Swans' and Brisbane Lions' matches to its existing coverage of Melbourne and Adelaide games.
The expansion of the broadcast will build on the popularity of Triple M's call, which was trialled in the two northern states for big matches this year.
Austereo Melbourne General Manager Gary Pert said listeners had demanded more footy from Triple M, which had the highest-rating commentary team in Melbourne last season.
"It's a national game and we're the national FM network. The AFL, with its passion, energy and excitement is a great fit with the Triple M brand," said Pert.
"Our existing football sponsors are delighted at the new possibilities of continuing their association with Triple M and the AFL into the Sydney and Brisbane markets.
"This is part of Triple M's long-term commitment to the AFL. The Sydney broadcasts last year went exceptionally well.
"The listeners love our commentary team - they take football very seriously, but our listeners would know they don't take themselves seriously."
AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou welcomed Triple M's expansion of its AFL broadcasts.
"It's great for the national game to be on the national network," he said. "Triple M will help us bring the game to the expanding fan base in Queensland and NSW."
Source: Austereo release
The expansion of the broadcast will build on the popularity of Triple M's call, which was trialled in the two northern states for big matches this year.
Austereo Melbourne General Manager Gary Pert said listeners had demanded more footy from Triple M, which had the highest-rating commentary team in Melbourne last season.
"It's a national game and we're the national FM network. The AFL, with its passion, energy and excitement is a great fit with the Triple M brand," said Pert.
"Our existing football sponsors are delighted at the new possibilities of continuing their association with Triple M and the AFL into the Sydney and Brisbane markets.
"This is part of Triple M's long-term commitment to the AFL. The Sydney broadcasts last year went exceptionally well.
"The listeners love our commentary team - they take football very seriously, but our listeners would know they don't take themselves seriously."
AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou welcomed Triple M's expansion of its AFL broadcasts.
"It's great for the national game to be on the national network," he said. "Triple M will help us bring the game to the expanding fan base in Queensland and NSW."
Source: Austereo release