Free Tickets in the NRL AGAIN!!!

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Funny thing is the Melbourne Storm don't appear to have a bandwagon of any sort despite stunning success and a premiership. If an 8,000 average is the bandwagon in good times, gee imagine what the Storm/NRL crowds would be like in Melbourne when there is no real success.

Try 3 consecutive wooden spoons (as was the case for the Swans in the early 90s) and think to yourself what the crowds would be like for the NRL in Melbourne. Shit even with a team that is on top of the NRL ladder and consistently makes the finals, the crowd average remains 8,000 odd. :(/

My guess is those 8,000 odd are actually expat Queenslanders and New South Welshman. Victorians just don't give a stuff about rugby league. When will the NRL face this reality.

Central Coast Storm has a nice ring to it don't you think? Singo would be happy and there would no doubt be more than 8,000 odd attending Storm home games.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

I think not having a band wagon isnt such a bad thing. I'm sure when the expat nsw and qld followers have offspring the crowds will slowly increase.

But i must say i like the sound of the central coast storm, or perhaps north sydney storm, they really did get the wrong end of the stick the old bears.

Its probably best for the nrl to keep its stranglehold in nsw and qld anyway.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Willis 21
Captain
Captain
Team:
Been liked: 0

Post by Willis 21 »

No... fark them..Keep the storm in Melbourne... The Victorian public deserves a choice....

When the new stadium is built I think they will average 15,000 .. thats all they need...
crocodileman
Has thanked: 0

Post by crocodileman »

Willis 21 wrote:
When the new stadium is built I think they will average 15,000 .. thats all they need...
Fukk, they get more than that to the Greek festivals up my way!!

How could 15 000 be enough to make a team viable?

Someone's losing some serious money in all of this!
Willis 21
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by Willis 21 »

crocodileman wrote:
Willis 21 wrote:

When the new TV money comes in, this will just about fund the majority of the salary cap.

The rest of the cap, and the admin/promotion costs can be covered by their sponsorships ( which are nothing to be sneezed at...) and 15,000 crowd average...

The new stadium will also have better private/corporate boxes which will generate some more money for the stadium which will be passed back to the club...This is what Telstra does in Sydney...
crocodileman
Has thanked: 0

Post by crocodileman »

TV money from where????

Channel 9 is in serious trouble and soon all bets will be off with TV rights.

What then?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Willis 21 wrote:
crocodileman wrote:
Willis 21 wrote:

The rest of the cap, and the admin/promotion costs can be covered by their sponsorships ( which are nothing to be sneezed at...) and 15,000 crowd average...

The new stadium will also have better private/corporate boxes which will generate some more money for the stadium which will be passed back to the club...This is what Telstra does in Sydney...
15,000 :(/

And you have the hide to come on here and suggest a 24,000 crowd for Sydney vs Fremantle at the SCG is somehow something to laugh at as pathetic. Shesssh #-o [/b]