COW supporter picks fight and ends up the loser!

Australian Football news and discussion.
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

COW supporter picks fight and ends up the loser!

Post by Grim Reaper »

Well he we have another typical COW supporter mouthing off and acting like the big hero only to be dealt with accordingly......Well done Dean Brogan you were only stading up for yourself and this little sook COW supporter now wants sympathy...how pathetic!

Brogan's act must not go unpunished
By SAM RICHES
05jun06
PORT Adelaide player Dean Brogan should face action over an alleged assault, says the man whose nose was broken in the incident.

Dale Mortimer, 19, wants Brogan held accountable for his alleged assault.

"I do want to see some action," Mr Mortimer said yesterday when asked if he wanted Brogan charged over the incident at Adelaide Airport on Saturday.

Mr Mortimer says he does not plan to take any civil action, but has not ruled out pressing charges.

However, police can lay criminal charges following their investigation.

Mr Mortimer said he expected Power officials to be in contact with him last night after the team returned from Melbourne.

Security vision of the incident has been handed to police who are expected to interview Brogan today, two days after the alleged assault.

After Port's win over Carlton yesterday, coach Mark Williams said he was limited in what he could say about the incident as it was being investigated by police.

"The incident involving Dean Brogan was disappointing for both he and the club," said Williams, who was already in Melbourne at the time of the incident.

Port Adelaide players were leaving for Melbourne when Mr Mortimer was farewelling his girlfriend. The Crows fan said that as Brogan walked past on his own, he had told Brogan "to play for a real team, you d...head".

He said he would be referring to Brogan now as "Mr Brogan, not d...head" and said his comments were intended as a joke, not a personal insult.

"I didn't go looking for trouble, it was just a joke and he shouldn't have reacted like he did," Mr Mortimer said. "I was just giving him mickey and laughing as I said it."

Brogan, who is much taller than Mr Mortimer, allegedly approached him, yelling "what the hell did you say, come here and say that".

Mr Mortimer is adamant the only physical contact between the two was when Brogan allegedly punched him in the nose.

"I stepped back and then saw his fist curl up and my hands were by my side because I thought he was just trying to scare me," he said.

"As he punched I just thought this is going to hurt . . . To him it might not have been a big hit, but to a little bloke like me it was big - like being hit by a train."

He said Brogan had followed him, "stood there for a few seconds and didn't say a word, then just walked off".

Mr Mortimer says he was approached twice by Port officials about 10 minutes later, who asked him if an apology would be accepted.

"I just said no. If he was really sorry then he would have said or done something as soon as he saw the blood . . . I just have no respect for him or the club," he said.

"I said (at the airport): 'Do I get new clothes out of this?', because he'd ruined mine - there was blood everywhere.

"The guy said: 'We can sort something out, we can give you some trainers' and I said: 'Could it be Crows?'.

"He said: 'We can't do that but we can give you some Nike stuff' and I said: 'Is that because you get it for free?'. He didn't say anything and I walked off."

X-rays taken at the Royal Adelaide Hospital confirmed Mr Mortimer's nose was broken and an appointment this week will determine if surgery is needed.
SBR
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by SBR »

Hooray Brogan is 5,000 poorer!
Carn The Crows!
Double Blues SFC!

Macca You Bloody Legend!
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

And like he gives a stuff....The Cow supporter will live with this for all his life....now that's worth 5 grand!
SBR
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by SBR »

Grim Reaper wrote:
And like he gives a stuff....The Cow supporter will live with this for all his life....now that's worth 5 grand!
Seems your wharfie Brogan loves getting in trouble, two others charges in court he faces.

Seems trouble follows him around.
Carn The Crows!
Double Blues SFC!

Macca You Bloody Legend!
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

Nelson Mandela also got into trouble with the law and look where it got that guy! Brogan is being hounded by the COW establshment thats all...he will survive to live another day and pulp another COW!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

SBR wrote:
Hooray Brogan is 5,000 poorer!
Considering what he did, I'd say he got off lightly.
Willis 21
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by Willis 21 »

Look, I'm all for AFL boofheads making the head lines for their various acts of thuggery, but there is something about this that sticks in my craw .Some anonymous five foot nothing couch potato thinks that he can abuse some big guy who was quitely going about his business and not expect him to respond?...

No doubt he would have been sh!tting his pants when Brogan came after him...

Yeah, he shouldn't have hit him, but still the couch potato gets no sympathy from me...

And you are right Beaussie - the amount of the fine is a joke...
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

The fine is a joke! That little COW shit supporter should be made to pay for this all!