V for Vendetta

Society, politics, culture and everything and anything that doesn't fit on the other boards.
Willis 21
Captain
Captain
Team:
Been liked: 0

V for Vendetta

Post by Willis 21 »

Anyone seen this movie??
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Nup. Who's in it? Recent release?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

I just did a google search and came across this and thought sounds interesting with Hugo Weaving:

Plot Outline: A shadowy freedom fighter known only as "V" uses terrorist tactics to fight against his totalitarian society. Upon rescuing a girl from the secret police, he also finds his best chance at having an ally.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0434409/

Then I scrolled down and saw this:

The action scenes manage to save the movie from the oblivious depths of mediocrity, if only to a certain amount of degree. The best part comes near the ending but it's not long and exciting enough to warrant the earlier parts of it.

"V for Vendetta" does have its moments but they are few and far between. It is visually striking but just as previous film adaptations of Alan Moore's graphic novels ("Constantine", "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen"), something went lacking upon reaching the silver screen.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0434409/
Willis 21
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by Willis 21 »

I am a fan of Alan Moore's graphic novels, and read this one some time ago - ( it came out in the 80's..)

I am looking forward to this movie, however I have heard that Alan Moore has demanded his name not be associated with this project due to the fact that he is unhappy with the result of previous movie adaptations of his work.

I recommend that everyone reads another of his graphic novels - "The Watchmen"... Very thought provoking and interesting..
Willis 21
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by Willis 21 »

Saw this movie last night... Pretty damn good in my view... a lot different to the graphic novel...
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Yeah I've now seen the preview on TV and am thinking seriously about seeing it.