Are the Dockers any Chance?

Australian Football news and discussion.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Are the Dockers any Chance?

Post by Beaussie »

It's gonna be tough over in Melbourne against the Cats. Anyone think they can go all the way? I see the Dockers are already talking about hosting the NAB Cup final in Perth if they overcome the Cats on Saturday night.

My tip is an Adelaide vs Geelong final in Adelaide. Would love to be proven wrong by the Dockers though. Could the Dockers attract a sellout crowd for pre season cup final at Subi? What a great start to the season that would be for the club.
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Grim Reaper »

I would love to see the Dockers smash the COWS in the Grand Final. The Dockers are like the smaller brother of the Power!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Same inferiority complex perhaps? :P
beachlover
Team:

Post by beachlover »

Yeah right?! Related to the Port Powder Puffs?! No chance!
You blokes have shown that this eason you will bully the weak teams & get bounced by the strong ones. To which group the boys from the port of Fremantle will belong is up to them as they should be top 4 with the talent they have on hand.
Should beat the Cats this week as they seem to have missed their chance (they were my tip for the flag pre-season last year). Well done Nick Davis.
Can't see either grand finalist challenging this year. Maybe the Swans will make the 8.
If we win this week & get the home GF I reckon Subi will be packed so long as it isn't 38 degrees & they play it at 4:00pm!
Anyway, apologies for the thread of this note jumping around, but I've had a few beers. Cascade Blonde is truly a great beer. :D
life is good. Freo forever!
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

Freo are like the Ca Swannies...need AFL handouts every week!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

What makes you think the Swans wont be challenging again for the premiership in 06 beachlover? They've got pretty much the same list that won it last season.

As for the Dockers hosting the final should they beat the Cats, it's looking good based on the amount of goals they've already kicked:
The team kicking the most goals in the NAB Cup qualifies for a home grand final. If the teams finish level on goals, the host will be decided by percentage.

Fremantle is best placed with 34 goals, followed by Adelaide (27), Geelong (26) and Melbourne (22).

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/ ... 22,00.html
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Grim Reaper wrote:
Freo are like the Ca Swannies...need AFL handouts every week!
Oh please. What handouts? :roll: Perhaps you have the Swans confused with Carlton.
League warms to Princes Park again
By Michael Gleeson
March 8, 2006
http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/real ... 12503.html

THE AFL yesterday all but confirmed it would take over the multimillion-dollar cost of maintaining Princes Park, significantly bailing out the financially stricken Carlton Football Club.
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

No BeAmerican it is the Ca Swannies get handouts from the AFL...my source is the new CEO for Channel 9, so it must be true!
beachlover
Team:

Post by beachlover »

Swans were an 8 - 4 position team well coached and things fell their way (thankfully). I'll admit it was done without big contributions of two great players, Goodes (poor season) and Hall (poor finals), but they have lost Jason Teste & a couple of others. Their main strength was their discipline (opposite to Freo) & it will be hard to (mind the phrase) keep it up 2 years in a row.
Grim, I reckon Brisbane with their 3 flags were the true handout recipients but your boys ran them off their legs when you removed the choker.
Brisbane and Essendon may surprise some of the doomsayers this year. I reckon both will be better than the Bulldogs.
Beach was great last night. :D
life is good. Freo forever!
Sean
Team:

Post by Sean »

i douibt freo will beat my boys this week, unless im that out of it that freo have turned into a great team that can play in melbourne without me realising it, it will be a stroll for the cats
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

Your boys? What the the owner of an AFL club you wanker?

[ADMIN EDIT: There is no need for what you previously posted Grim]
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Grim Reaper wrote:
No BeAmerican it is the Ca Swannies get handouts from the AFL...my source is the new CEO for Channel 9, so it must be true!
I've heard that when Port entered the competition they were given all sorts of concessions/assistance by the AFL. Can anyone confirm this?

As for Ed, well the less said the better when it comes to his criticisms of Sydney and Brisbane. :roll:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Sean wrote:
i douibt freo will beat my boys this week, unless im that out of it that freo have turned into a great team that can play in melbourne without me realising it, it will be a stroll for the cats
I too am finding it hard to go against the Cats. Whilst I'd love to see the Dockers get up and host the final at Subi, sadly, their track record in Victoria doesn't inspire confidence with me on this one.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

beachlover wrote:
Can't see either grand finalist challenging this year. Maybe the Swans will make the 8.
You sound like the Melbourne media with their predictions for the Swans each season.
beachlover wrote:
Cascade Blonde is truly a great beer. :D
Cascade Blonde? Never heard of that brew, is it new? Good I take it. :)
Sean
Team:

Post by Sean »

you are such a fucking loser you sad tosser grim , is that the best you got? asking me if i am the owner of an afl club? i was wrong about you, i thought you a worthy adversary but you are not fit to even touch your tounge on the tip of my bootheel, you silly little boy, now fuck off